• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I found something to help with sound sensitivity

jesse's mom

I have really bad sound sensitivity. I think that is part of the reason going to Drs offices. The worst is a restaurant that is loud or a big store with high ceilings like Walmart, or Costco. I have not been to a concert in a few years, and that was one of my favorite things to do!

Even when someone is working in the kitchen with clanking plates or pots and pans I run back to my room. When my grandbaby shreks in joy, or people talk or laugh loud it is so painful!

There is a lot of music that I used to enjoy that I can no longer listen to. I have to have the sound control in my hand to watch a movie or anything.

I will get nauseated and suffer twitches in my face when I have to be in what other people consider a normal sound level.

So, I am happy to share that I found something that helps! My friend why had mignieres showed me hers and I ordered some. EARPLUGS Now I have tried many types and brands of earplugs and these are my favorite.

I went to the hospital for for some testing yesterday and wore them. They are comfortable, and I was able to hear the people talking to me just fine! I was not as overstimulated as I usually get and was able to go and eat a quick lunch in a restaurant afterward. Yes, I am starting to crash now over 12 hours later, but I expected that.

These ones I like are called ear peace
upload_2019-1-15_12-0-25.jpeg
2_BlackClear1024x1024_f1f1f1_2000x.jpg

Now I am attaching a Video of a review I found

jesse's mom

@Shoshana I have tiny little ear holes.. forgot the noun for that:rolleyes: so I found these with the silicone material to be the most comfortable. I especially like the inserts that allow you to let in different amounts of sound. I used the medium ones at the hospital this morning , then changed them to allow the most noise in today. Just being around the house, and I can still hear the birds.

Shoshana

Northern USA
I almost said when I asked at first, that I don't buy from Amazon or shop online.
Local stores when possible, mail order if absolutely necessary. I know, I am a dinosaur, but I prefer to remain one.

So I wonder whether to check pharmacies or hardware/household type stores, or ????