• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I am undergoing ozone therapy

DavidJ.

ok here's my update: i ozonated my water with the cold-plasma generator for a few days and it was not good at all. it reminded me of that mms i tried a long time ago, just not that horrible. however, gracie is ozonating the blood and it is wonderful that it has helped her so much. i just wonder why there are so huge differences and so many different experiences when it comes to ozone ...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I had good experiences with ozone therapy years ago in a Mexican clinic. The methods that helped me were rectal infusion (sorry, wrong word!) in short bursts of a few seconds, and through the skin--wearing a sort of large "bag" with the head outside so that you didn't breathe any. I could feel improvements within a few minutes.

I don't have the opportunity to do this now, however. Yes, it would be great to have access to "community-held" things like good ozone generators and FIRs.

Sushi

DavidJ.

ok thanks, sushi. like i said before, there are too many different accounts as to ozone . some treatments made patients worse others better and nobody knows why . maybe not the type of generator one uses makes the difference but rather the company that produced the machine, i dont know. very enigmatic ...

cman89

I know that there have been a few threads on ozone therapy posted already, but they seemed to devolve into a debate on whose machine was better, and which orifice is most advantageous to input the ozone. so, I want to get back to basics here. I am very intrigued on the Ozone thing, but I am also a very skeptical fellow, and my bullshit-o-meter is set off on this one. My main complaint right now is fatigue. I have no pain, brain fog, mild OI, but mostly just tired and weak, at least by my standards. I feel that getting oxegyneated cells would be a boon to my healing. Anyone familiar with ozoning??? can help me. Is it a detox, energy booster, what? And what is the cheapest way to try it out. I am more than willing to prove myself surprised by trying this, but I am not bad enough off where i'll sink tons of $$$ into this. Also, it seems like the ozone people here are MCS/Mold folks generally. Is that significant?

charlie1

Also, it seems like the ozone people here are MCS/Mold folks generally. Is that significant?
Since @cman89 has said that many of the posters have mold issues, I'm wondering if ozone would be good for systemic yeast issues with MCS?

I found this article in relation to ANS dysfunction. Hoping the therapy cant help with my POTS

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23250592

Last edited:

charlie1

I had good experiences with ozone therapy years ago in a Mexican clinic.
Sushi, I have the opportunity to try the ozone therapy (aka ultra violet blood irradiation) weekly with a functional medicine doctor 1 hr away. The intended method sounds quite similar to @gracie but using 40cc's of blood.
After you stopped the ozone therapy, did your function level decrease to the prior level?(ie. did your symptoms return?
Thanks.

Sushi

After you stopped the ozone therapy, did your function level decrease to the prior level?(ie. did your symptoms return?
I did ozone therapy along with EDTA IV chelation and IV hydrogen peroxide, so I can't separate out what had what effect. I did get 2 years symptom free though. Unfortunately I didn't know that maintenance would be required so symptoms slowly returned.

If you are considering the ultra violet blood irradiation, check the qualifications of the person doing it very well (and talk to other of his patients who have had this if possible) and realize that they will have to use a very large needle. There can be difficult side effects from just the physical procedure.

Sushi

charlie1

@Sushi, the doctor is a functional medicine practitioner as well as a licensed anesthesiologist MD but I was told it will be his nurse who does the procedure so I will be sure to inquire how much experience she has. I have huge veins in my arms and usually don't have trouble with giving blood so should be ok if this is done through IV. But, I don't like the sounds of this....
There can be difficult side effects from just the physical procedure.

Wondering, has anyone ever heard that the ozone treatment can be used for systemic yeast?

Hip

I did ozone therapy along with EDTA IV chelation and IV hydrogen peroxide, so I can't separate out what had what effect. I did get 2 years symptom free though. Unfortunately I didn't know that maintenance would be required so symptoms slowly returned.

When you say symptom-free, was that a more-or-less full remission from ME/CFS for 2 years, without needing any further therapies? Can I ask, what level of ME/CFS (mild, moderate, severe) were you at when you started these therapies?

Are you not tempted to try these therapies again (perhaps individually, to better assess them), to see if you can repeat the symptom free period?

Sushi

When you say symptom-free, was that a more-or-less full remission from ME/CFS for 2 years, without needing any further therapies? Can I ask, what level of ME/CFS (mild, moderate, severe) were you at when you started these therapies?
Are you not tempted to try these therapies again (perhaps individually, to better assess them), to see if you can repeat the symptom free period?

Yes, it was pretty much full remission. I was able to work at a full-time job that required me to be on-call in a hospital for 24 hours at a time, every 5 days.

I'd probably say I was in the mild zone before those therapies in that I was able to work, though "limping along," but would get crash periods that would keep me in bed for weeks at a time.

I'm pretty sure that the main effects came from IV hydrogen peroxide. I can't do it again though because it pretty much wrecked my veins, but I do ponder why it worked. My guess is that it killed pathogens. What do you think?

Sush

Hip

I have never found much in the way of good research on the effects of hydrogen peroxide. This article is about the best I have come across. It mentions that hydrogen peroxide kills anaerobic organisms.

When you say wrecked your veins, what exactly happened?

I wonder whether taking catalase, or taking supplements like glisodin that boost the body's production of catalase, might help prevent the side effects of hydrogen peroxide on the body. Catalase is the body's enzyme which breaks down hydrogen peroxide, and so should protect the cells.

Gingergrrl

@Sushi or anyone else still in this thread (from 2009 :eek:) I have a question... Is the ozone that they mix with your blood in the IV the same as what is used to kill mold on household items? Because we were told that we cannot be exposed to it and done at a wearhouse (just on non porous items like glass, metal or plastic) and everything else we lose. So is the ozone going inside your body something different? Thanks!

Sushi

Is the ozone that they mix with your blood in the IV the same as what is used to kill mold on household items? Because we were told that we cannot be exposed to it and done at a wearhouse (just on non porous items like glass, metal or plastic) and everything else we lose. So is the ozone going inside your body something different? Thanks!
They don't mix ozone with your blood. The IVs are hydrogen peroxide. Ozone is administered to the skin (I was in a sealed body bag with my head out so that I didn't breathe it), or rectally (definitely didn't breathe it!)

Sushi

When you say wrecked your veins, what exactly happened?
My veins sort of hide now--not visible to a pheboltomist--and when they do find one it is very fragile and often collapses. I come out of a blood draw with lots of bandaids and later bruises!
I wonder whether taking catalase, or taking supplements like glisodin that boost the body's production of catalase, might help prevent the side effects of hydrogen peroxide on the body.
Herx-like reactions were the main problems I had though they were doing regular blood tests checking for ????

Gingergrrl

They don't mix ozone with your blood. The IVs are hydrogen peroxide. Ozone is administered to the skin (I was in a sealed body bag with my head out so that I didn't breathe it), or rectally (definitely didn't breathe it!)

But weren't the original posters (not you) talking about ozone therapy for the blood? I doubt I would ever do this but am curious to learn more.

Did you do your ozone and HP treatment following mold exposure?

Sushi

But weren't the original posters (not you) talking about ozone therapy for the blood?
They were talking about passing a quantity of blood through ultra-violet light I believe.
Did you do your ozone and HP treatment following mold exposure?
No, not that I know of though most of us are exposed to mold at low levels sometime in our lives.

Hip

Ozone is administered to the skin (I was in a sealed body bag with my head out so that I didn't breathe it), or rectally (definitely didn't breathe it!)

Might there be some difference between the type of ozone therapy described by the original poster (namely: "drawing 50 cc of blood, ozonating it & reintroducing it in the bloodstream") which I think may be a variation of UV blood irradiation, and the two types of ozone therapy that you tried Sushi? Or do all these methods ultimately have the same effect?

An interesting piece of research I came across on the effects of ozone is quoted at the bottom of this post (see: Mechanism of Action of Ozone Therapy).

Sushi

Might there be some difference between the type of ozone therapy described by the original poster (namely: "drawing 50 cc of blood, ozonating it & reintroducing it in the bloodstream") which I think may be a variation of UV blood irradiation, and the two types of ozone therapy that you tried Sushi? Or do all these methods ultimately have the same effect?
I'd guess all these are slightly different and probably have different effects individually. I was going to try the UV blood irradiation but my veins couldn't handle the big needle.

Gingergrrl

Thanks @Sushi and @Hip and to be honest I still don't understand the different therapies mentioned in this thread! But since I am not actually doing them it is not important right now.

Only our kitchenware, glass and metal items were salvageable with Ozone and we lost everything else but it made me curious about other treatment uses of Ozone for mold. But if and when I reach that point, then I will pose better questions and right now just hypothetical. Thanks again!