• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I am undergoing ozone therapy

Hip

@Hip 's $40 setup seems to be fine for the transdermal method. But it seems to me that this transdermal method, while relatively safe with just 3 gamma and nitrogen-risk-free, will have limited effect on pathogens. Therapeutic gamma per treatment is in the 30-60 range in up to 80 CC doses. Gamma can go as high as 80 (but should never exceed that). At these levels, you will most certainly will feel things happening to your body.

Thanks for posting your story, @samtemp.

I have never tried any ozone therapy other than my transdermal ozone water method, so unfortunately I cannot compare its efficacy (in terms of my subjective sense of how it helps my symptoms) to other methods. I came up with my transdermal method after hearing about ozone gas applied via a body bag that covers you whole body, and hoped that transdermal ozonated water would get similar results as a body bag.

But if anyone like yourself that has experience with other methods would like to try this transdermal ozone water approach, then you would be in a position to subjectively judge its efficacy against other methods.

It would certainly be much cheaper and much more convenient to administer ozone at home by this transdermal method.

Note also that that in ozone autohemotherapy, although you are applying 80 gamma ozone to around 100 ml of blood extracted from the body, there are around 50 liters of water in the body in total, so once this treated blood is returned to the body, the ozone in it gets diluted down by a factor of 50,000 / 100 = 500 times.

The ozone has done wonders. In the day leading up to my first treatment I couldn't sleep, was in miserable pain, and was expecting to die very soon. I was at rock bottom. Zero %. The ozone made a difference by the second treatment and I've improved tremendously ever since. A few days ago I felt as good as 90% back to normal. I was able to smile, joke around with my wife, whistle songs, and get back to my good old chipper form.

Sounds like you had a great improvement from ozone. Would you be able to quantify this improvement more precisely by saying where you were on the ME/CFS scale of Very Severe – Severe – Moderate – Mild – Remission before you had your ozone treatments, and where you are on the scale afterwards. Were you able to achieve a 1-level improvement on this scale (eg, move from moderate to mild, or move from mild to remission)?

Or did ozone not make much overall improvement to your ME/CFS, but just helped particular symptoms such as pain or sleep?

Ozone helps kill the organisms (fungal and bacterial) that are roaming around my blood vessels, but it cannot penetrate into tissues with poor blood supplies (like infected bone) to kill the source infection sites.

It is widely believed that ozone therapy will kill pathogens in the blood and tissues, just like the way bleach kills microbes. However, if you read any scientific source, you will find that the levels of ozone used in such therapies are far too low to have any direct killing effect on pathogens in your body.

It's possible that ozone might stimulate the immune system in a way that helps fight pathogens; that however is an indirect means of killing pathogens. But ozone may offer other benefits not related to pathogens.

Last edited:
How has the chelation been working out?

My story resembles yours a lot, albeit with disease etiology being a big difference. Are you by any chance in NYC?

I'm currently seeing a doctor who also does the Rowen 10-pass ozone autohemotherapy, however, due to the cost and the bigger needles and risks to veins, I decided to just do the DIV (Direct gas injection) which my doctor apparently perfected. This has worked really well for me.

I'm receiving my Promolife bundle tomorrow and will start insufflations ASAP as my daily mainstay, with DIV self administered perhaps once a week. Can I ask where and how you get your oxygen? I need to fill my small tank at my doctor's who charges $60 per refill. And Do you find ear insufflations to help?

Thanks.

samtemp, I'd rather reply via PM but don't know how to do this (social tech neophyte), so if you can PM me I'm happy to share ... Kiwi Jack

Thanks for posting your story, @samtemp.

But if anyone like yourself that has experience with other methods would like to try this transdermal ozone water approach, then you would be in a position to subjectively judge its efficacy against other methods.

It would certainly be much cheaper and much more convenient to administer ozone at home by this transdermal method.

Thanks for the advice, Hip. I'm already all-in on the heavy duty gear. Your transdermal modality is interesting, but I'm going to hit the ozone heavy first (DIV, rectal insufflations) before easing into lighter approaches later on.

Sounds like you had a great improvement from ozone. Would you be able to quantify this improvement more precisely by saying where you were on the ME/CFS scale of Very Severe – Severe – Moderate – Mild – Remission before you had your ozone treatments, and where you are on the scale afterwards. Were you able to achieve a 1-level improvement on this scale (eg, move from moderate to mild, or move from mild to remission)?

Or did ozone not make much overall improvement to your ME/CFS, but just helped particular symptoms such as pain or sleep?

My CFS symptoms have been fluctuating from moderate to very severe. Ozone decreased the fluctuations and kept me in the mild to moderate range (except for two separate flare up days).

It is widely believed that ozone therapy will kill pathogens in the blood and tissues, just like the way bleach kills microbes. However, if you read any scientific source, you will find that the levels of ozone used in such therapies are far too low to have any direct killing effect on pathogens in your body.

It's possible that ozone might stimulate the immune system in a way that helps fight pathogens; that however is an indirect means of killing pathogens. But ozone may offer other benefits not related to pathogens.

You could be right! To be frank, I don't know how ozone works anymore. I've read that it revvs the immune system into high gear, that it directly kills pathogens, that it causes massive oxidation which then indirectly kills pathogens, that it works synergistically with vitamin C, E and glutathione, that it cancels out the effects of such antioxidants, etc. The reality is something probably along the lines of, "it does different things in different people with different problems."

All I can say for certain is that it works for me for now. I don't believe it can cure me, but it will buy me time. Hopefully, someday, the medical-science community will have strong consensus on what ozone does in the different bodies and diseases.

samtemp, I'd rather reply via PM but don't know how to do this (social tech neophyte), so if you can PM me I'm happy to share ... Kiwi Jack

It's not just you, Jack, I can't figure out how to PM as well. I wonder if this is by design. Does anyone know?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It's not just you, Jack, I can't figure out how to PM as well. I wonder if this is by design. Does anyone know?
New members don't immediately have PM permissions, but you do now. Just click on someone's avatar and choose "Start a Conversation."

Hip

My CFS symptoms have been fluctuating from moderate to very severe. Ozone decreased the fluctuations and kept me in the mild to moderate range (except for two separate flare up days).

You say you fluctuate from moderate to very severe? When you say fluctuate, do you mean fluctuate from day to day, month to month, or year to year? There's a huge difference between these levels. Very severe patients are in bed almost 24 hours a day, with only enough energy to visit the bathroom briefly one a day. Whereas moderate patients can potter around the house.

Last edited:
You say you fluctuate from moderate to very severe? When you say fluctuate, do you mean fluctuate from day to day, month to month, or year to year? There's a huge difference between these levels. Very severe patients are in bed almost 24 hours a day, with only enough energy to visit the bathroom briefly one a day. Whereas moderate patients can potter around the house.

From week to week.

Hip

From week to week.

That's quite unusual, as most patients tend to be fairly fixed in their ME/CFS severity. Of course, ME/CFS patients will get temporarily worse for some days (or even a few weeks) due to the post-exertional malaise (PEM) that appears after they engage in physical exertion. Maybe that's what you are taking about: are your fluctuations due to PEM?

That's quite unusual, as most patients tend to be fairly fixed in their ME/CFS severity. Of course, ME/CFS patients will get temporarily worse for some days (or even a few weeks) due to the post-exertional malaise (PEM) that appears after they engage in physical exertion. Maybe that's what you are taking about: are your fluctuations due to PEM?

I have seven other active diseases, three of which are chronic, quite serious and exhibit overlapping symptoms. So I apologize but I don't think I would perfectly fit the mold of your scoring system. My CFS symptoms may be from lyme disease, at least that's what my doctors believe, despite my Lyme test being negative. They say that I should have the comphrehensive lyme exam that goes into the rarer lyme strains. But I digress...

I should also dislaim that my results from ozone therapy may not be helpful to others on this forum due to my constellation of problems with CFS being just one of them. I just thought I'd go on this forum because a lot of the patients I speak with while waiting for my treatments at my Ozone doctor's office have Lyme disease and the associated CFS, and they say it helps them immensely.

But your mileage will vary, as always.

Hope this helps.

raghav

@Ema Will the benefits continue once the course of treatment is stopped or do you have to keep taking the treatment on a continuous basis ? What is the doc saying on this ? Can you find out ? I am thinking of going for this. But the cost is an issue.

Ema

@Ema Will the benefits continue once the course of treatment is stopped or do you have to keep taking the treatment on a continuous basis ? What is the doc saying on this ? Can you find out ? I am thinking of going for this. But the cost is an issue.
My understanding is that, like acupuncture and other similar treatments, one can stretch the interval as time goes on. One might want to do a treatment every so often to keep the body in the right direction, regenerate stem cells etc, but maybe once every few months or a couple times a year.

Ema

Thanks @Ema How is your energy level compared to before starting ozone therapy ? Do you have PEM ?
It's a lot better. I do things, sometimes multiple things!, nearly every day now. Before I would really have to plan and think about going out, but now I can just decide and then do it. It's kind of amazing!

For example, the other day we took the dogs to the park, walked about 6000 steps, came home and washed all 3 dogs, and then I cleaned up and went to the grocery with my mother. Even last year, I would have come home, let my parents wash up, and I would have spent the rest of the day in bed. And that was even an improvement over previous years...where we couldn't go at all.

I never had PEM that badly from physical exercise, which I know is unusual. Emotional stress and mental activity are as likely to provoke PEM as anything else. But mostly I am just more fatigued than normal all the time.

MartinK

Hi all with experience in ozone!
Im looking for some experiences, after how many sessions with 10-pass method are starting to feel approaches and benefits?
I know, everyone is different... I started with 10-pass ozone method in Dr. Lahodny clinic this week!

Now Im after 4 session with 20 passes by day! Its a therapy with machine Hermann (know someone, if this machine works with cold plasma ozone generator?)

I do not want to have exaggerated expectations, but I really believe after read here many words, it will help me with my symptoms (probably Lyme hold me still in CFS and is my main problem).

I take many antioxidants with 10-pass for minimalize free radicals.

After 4 sessions small PEM go out, but still feel all my symptoms like OI, inflammation, muscle pain and fatigue in the same load :-/
Hope for new hopes with this treatment!

thanks to everyone for the experience when knew the first change!!!

Martin