• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydroxocoblamin not converting to Adensoylcoblamin

Hello all,

I am taking a hydroxy b12 and Folinic acid lozenge along with plenty of riboflavin in the AM as I am MTHFR c677t double, but my MMA does not lower.

I am also Comt ++ so methyl does not work for me/causes neurotransmitter issues.

If I take an Adensoylcobalmin b12 lozenge in the PM, along with the other items in the AM (hydroxy/Folinic acid/riboflavin), my MMA lowers a lot and my symptoms feel better.

Anyone know why the hydroxy/Folinic acid with riboflavin is not converting to Adensoyl by itself? I thought riboflavin would convert the Folinic acid to methylfolate and down the line become ATP to convert the cobalamin to Adensoylcobalmin.

Thanks for any help, this is beyond frustrating,

K.

GreenMachineX

Hello all,

I am taking a hydroxy b12 and Folinic acid lozenge along with plenty of riboflavin in the AM as I am MTHFR c677t double, but my MMA does not lower.

I am also Comt ++ so methyl does not work for me/causes neurotransmitter issues.

If I take an Adensoylcobalmin b12 lozenge in the PM, along with the other items in the AM (hydroxy/Folinic acid/riboflavin), my MMA lowers a lot and my symptoms feel better.

Anyone know why the hydroxy/Folinic acid with riboflavin is not converting to Adensoyl by itself? I thought riboflavin would convert the Folinic acid to methylfolate and down the line become ATP to convert the cobalamin to Adensoylcobalmin.

Thanks for any help, this is beyond frustrating,

K.
Have you figured this out? Or, does anyone else know this?

I've been using Hydroxocobalamin and folinic acid due to my COMT mutations, and recently added 1 cap Seeking Health Multivitamin Sensitive, but my results have not been consistent. My MMA is a little lower with this combination, but something still isn't right.

For example, I've had short bouts of reflux/heartburn on and off since my 20's, but for 6 years when I was using 600mg methylfolate and 300mcg methylcobalamin in a Thorne multi, I didn't feel any reflux. Changing to a different Thorne multi provided 500mcg methylfolate and 225mcg methylcobalamin and laryngopharyngeal reflux started. Eventually, side effects like insomnia started, had my 23andme done, and realized I had COMT mutations. Then I started Hydroxocobalamin and folinic. Could adenosylcobalamin be a missing link though?

What benefit could adding adenosylcobalamin provide? Could