• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy

Fejal

Why is it surprising? This is common in terms of mistaken attributions. There might have been a change originally (as per my story), but unless it occurs consistently when the treatment is tried again, it is likely to be a coincidence. The same goes for anecdotal stories about all medicines..
]

Yes but I'm not sure the laypeople here wil understand why this is important.

Michael Dessin

Fejal/Andrew1-- There is absolutely nothing you could say that will convince me that homeopathics dont work...I see them work with lots of patients every week....Discussion over

Fejal

If the discussion is over why are you still writing? You've added nothing new to the discussion.

I have tried many homeopathic remedies over the past 13 years I have been sick and did not feel much benefit. But then six months ago I was put on a remedy and had a huge increase in energy and was able to do weight bearing exercise for the first time in many years. This has continued for six months straight. I started out only being able to do a few minutes, but now can go for up to 1 to 1/2 hours. I get tired but not the post exertional malaise and miserable ill feeling I used to get. It seems miraculous and hard to believe. I am not as energetic now as I was the first few weeks, but still am better than before I started the remedy. The only other possbile confounding factor was I also doubled my co-Q 10 supplements from 100 to 220mg per day. I am increasing the dosage of the remedy as needed as instructed by my doctor. Sandra

Well I'm feeling ok right now so I really don't want to stop the coQ10 just to see what happens. I figure at some point it will become more clear and if not I'll stick with both.

camas

I have tried many homeopathic remedies over the past 13 years I have been sick and did not feel much benefit. But then six months ago I was put on a remedy and had a huge increase in energy and was able to do weight bearing exercise for the first time in many years. This has continued for six months straight. I started out only being able to do a few minutes, but now can go for up to 1 to 1/2 hours. I get tired but not the post exertional malaise and miserable ill feeling I used to get. It seems miraculous and hard to believe.

Congrats on finding a remedy that works for you. When you hit upon the right one, it can have pretty dramatic results. :victory:

sela

homeopathy can be extremely powerful. i know this because i have gone to three local famous ones that charge 4-500 a session. all three gave me remedies that made me extremely ill. this is supposedly sugar pills , right? i spent thousands tryng to find a remedy to cure the illness that the inital remedy caused. the problem with homeopathy is finding the right remedy. it is extremely subjective and there are 10,000 remedies that have to be sorted through to find the right one.

camas

homeopathy can be extremely powerful. i know this because i have gone to three local famous ones that charge 4-500 a session. all three gave me remedies that made me extremely ill. this is supposedly sugar pills , right? i spent thousands trying to find a remedy to cure the illness that the initial remedy caused. the problem with homeopathy is finding the right remedy. it is extremely subjective and there are 10,000 remedies that have to be sorted through to find the right one.

It's really unfortunate that none of those practitioners gave you an antidote to the first remedy that made you so ill, especially given what they were charging you. Sorry you've had such a bad experience with it all.

Wayne

I have tried many homeopathic remedies over the past 13 years I have been sick and did not feel much benefit. But then six months ago I was put on a remedy and had a huge increase in energy and was able to do weight bearing exercise for the first time in many years. This has continued for six months straight. I started out only being able to do a few minutes, but now can go for up to 1 to 1/2 hours. I get tired but not the post exertional malaise and miserable ill feeling I used to get. It seems miraculous and hard to believe.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks much for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear homeopathy has worked so well for you. Yours is just one of literally millions of testimonials out there regarding the efficacy of various homeopathic remedies.

I've found a handful of remedies that have provided palliative relief from some of my symptoms, but nothing that has significantly affected some of my core health problems. But I haven't diligently sought out a competent practitioner that may give me more assistance. I would if not for the cost, and the fact that my first experience was less than productive.

But I may revisit this at some point. Your story is one I will keep in mind as I explore different avenues to take on my own health journey.

Best Regards, Wayne

Fejal

You can probably find millions of testimonials for the efficacy of child abuse in disciplining kids but that doesn't make me want to do it or prove that it is the best method. This applies to homeopathy.

Wayne

You can probably find millions of testimonials for the efficacy of child abuse in disciplining kids but that doesn't make me want to do it or prove that it is the best method. This applies to homeopathy.

I'd say that is about the weirdest post I've seen on this board so far. And exceedingly disgusting besides.

Could somebody let me know how to use the "ignore user" button. Don't really need any more of this kind of crap.

camas

Could somebody let me know how to use the "ignore user" button. Don't really need any more of this kind of crap.

Hey Wayne,

It's pretty easy. Select Settings at the top of the page. Then scroll down through the options on the left and you'll see Edit Ignore List. Select that and enter the name of the user.

You can also report offensive posts by clicking on the little black triangle at the bottom of the post to let the moderators know when someone has crossed the line like this.

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

It's pretty easy. Select Settings at the top of the page. Then scroll down through the options on the left and you'll see Edit Ignore List. Select that and enter the name of the user.

You can also report offensive posts by clicking on the little black triangle at the bottom of the post to let the moderators know when someone has crossed the line like this.

Thanks much Camas. I've never used the ignore user feature before, but am happy to have it available at this time.

I don't even know how to wrap my mind around such a bizarre post. I found it to be incredibly condescending, disrespectful, blatantly "in your face", and much more. My best guess is it was meant to be a malicious dig at me and/or anybody who might consider homeopathy has something to offer.

I can hardly imagine what kind of twisted logic could in any way connect child abuse to homeopathy. I guess it's the kind of logic that arises when the intention of your post is to denigrate, in whatever manner possible, whatever somebody else might believe. Just incredibly arrogant and bizarre.

Moderator: Offensive on the grounds of religion.

I understand Fejal's unhappy with the moderation of this thread. I don't think my post should have been edited either (I thought mods were meant to pm members asking for an edit, rather than just doing it themselves? Or did that not happen?) but realise it's a tricky one so might just add my reply to Fejal here:

Hi there Fejal.

I often disagree with Martlet's decisions (if you can't reference Catholicism in an aside about child abuse, when can you mention it?), but also think that she's doing a difficult job that I certainly wouldn't be willing to take over. I don't think she should be removed.

I'll go back and edit my post to add a comment about it, but I'm spending less time on the PC currently so don't really feel like getting in to a big discussion with the moderators.

I thought some of your posts were a bit needlessly harsh. I understand your frustration with people promoting homeopathic remedies as medicine, but us CFS patients can be a sensitive bunch, and trying to stop the forums descending in to an endless squabble must be difficult. I think my posts from a year ago may have been more aggressive... maybe I've become too placating. I seem to remember some earlier discussions where I was pushing for more adversarial debate. Maybe I found it too tiring to sustain? Oh well.

All the best,

Esther12

Martlet

Moderator: You have made your position quite clear on this topic, so please move on and drop the offensive tone.