• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

@Jwarrior77

I feel it in other parts too, finger wrist stomachcand similar sometimes less but i feel it the most in the pump, few days ago i had arythmias very frilequently for like every 1 minute it was scary and so unpleasant i feel like my vagus nerve is somehow getting irritated or perhaps its all coming from my stomach...is it possible that stomach lifts up and irritates my heart and produces arythmias? The problem is that doctors wont ditch up deeper to find where the problem's sitting and they prescribe everything to anxiety and depression, i am an anxious person but its impossible that i am anxious 24/7 ...??!! I might try to take thise supplement but its gonna be costy and im afraid that they wont help? I am 25 years old why should i lack all these minerals and vitamins? Some people dont even know where is their pulse lol. 😔

Jwarrior77

@Jwarrior77 Whilst I have never taken them in combination I have tried all the things you have listed in high dose on there own without much effect.

I wish it was a cure all but unfortunately it isn't. I still deal with the pounding 24/7. However it reduced the force from where it was so bad that my whole body would move with the beat of my heart to only being mildly annoying. I think taurine in conjunction with magnesium and the omegas helped the most.

What is your pulse rate? Is it fast?

Cortisol is probably also a part of your problems. It can be high in CFS and in anxious people. I make sure that I lower it because it causes tissue breakdown.

What is your pulse rate? Is it fast?

Cortisol is probably also a part of your problems. It can be high in CFS and in anxious people. I make sure that I lower it because it causes tissue breakdown.

How to know if my cortisol levels are high? What do you mean by tissue breakdown? 😭

Btw. Did someonectest their thyroid gland and foujd that its in relation with that heart pounding?? I will probably test it next week or so because i really need to get rid of this stupid pounding its ruining my life totally! I will do every test possible to sort this out forever in my life

Also i had extreme insomnia last year i think that these are the consequencesim just scared to live with this forever 😵

sb4

@goxus There are various things that can cause heart pounding but in my case it is related to dysautonomia. Is your heart worse after eating, when it gets too hot, after exertion, after standing for a while?

@goxus There are various things that can cause heart pounding but in my case it is related to dysautonomia. Is your heart worse after eating, when it gets too hot, after exertion, after standing for a while?

Yes after eating usually pounding increases and my stomach feels heavy, after exertion sometimes yes sometimes not. Its really weird. I notices if i press on my stomach and try to pull it downwards the pounding kinda decreases and i feel it the most in my stomach

@goxus @sb4 @Jwarrior77 @Stretched welcome to the club...
may i ask who get palpitation almost so often/constantly/can be all day can last for days? i often get palpitation all day where i always feel the heartbeat/where it beating harder/strong. (even when its not fast)its so weird i wonder why

i also get episode/attack during sleep it.(heart pounding)so weird because this should be the most relax state.

i check this thread again after awhile. wondering if there an answer now. more than 15 years i suffer since i was around 11 and for long years im searching for answer..

i posted a thread before write summary of what i found around this issue. such as electrolyte, dysautonomia, hormonal, endocrine, neurotransmitter, immunity, etc but still no exact answer its still vague and no certainty :(

theres a root cause to everything but
why the researchers still havent found it?? let alone the solution. i dont know if the scientist already found the answer?
if anybody know please post and let me know im so desperate

eventhough theres a suggestion on supplement but i think thats not the root of the cause as there should be the root cause why our body have the imbalance/issue with regulation cause other majority of people dont experience it and dont need to supplement.

finding the root of the cause meaning, can find a solution that can cut down the main issue once and for all. also experimenting on many supplements into body for long term wont be so good as there could be an effect cause it isnt natural, and may cause another imbalance if we dont do it right(we cant check our system to know which one is deficient/too much) the product also contain many synthesis chemicals.
if its not the last resort, shouldnt depend on drug.

@goxus i also feel odd if its trully because lacking all minerals and vitamins especially if still young. because for young age it should still have a good system unless if its due to old age where the body is run down. so its odd if the body just broken down with no reason.

Last edited:

sb4

@kisekishiawase I get constant heart pounding to at least some degree pretty much 24/7. Right now it is mild most of the time but peaks up to high depending if I've eaten, if its too hot, how many carbs, etc. I have had this for near 10 years now although it was much worse 4yrs ago.

I have messed around with tons of things like electrolytes, hormones, etc but the main things that help are avoiding POTS stressors, and low carb. Thiamine can help although it is hit and miss. This is by far my worst symptom. Most my other symptoms seem to be heart / autonomic related and I don't get PEM. My onset was around the time I got tonsilitis/stomach ulcer.

do you ever get pounding heart during sleep?

eating is common issue with palpitation. but theres an explanation to that.
what i dont get is outside from eating. if theres no known culprit. and the heart is acting up.

if you get palpitation constantly isnt it not normal? can you notice when the illness was started or if there was a time before you got sick where your heart behaving normal?
i also avoid many things but its so hard and not all triggers can be avoided. its like being allergic to everything :xpem: so weird, why the heart acting crazy over trivial things....definitely not normal

@kisekishiawase I get constant heart pounding to at least some degree pretty much 24/7. Right now it is mild most of the time but peaks up to high depending if I've eaten, if its too hot, how many carbs, etc. I have had this for near 10 years now although it was much worse 4yrs ago.

I have messed around with tons of things like electrolytes, hormones, etc but the main things that help are avoiding POTS stressors, and low carb. Thiamine can help although it is hit and miss. This is by far my worst symptom. Most my other symptoms seem to be heart / autonomic related and I don't get PEM. My onset was around the time I got tonsilitis/stomach ulcer.

@goxus @sb4 @Jwarrior77 @Stretched welcome to the club...
may i ask who get palpitation almost so often/constantly/can be all day can last for days? i often get palpitation all day where i always feel the heartbeat/where it beating harder/strong. (even when its not fast)its so weird i wonder why

i also get episode/attack during sleep it.(heart pounding)so weird because this should be the most relax state.

i check this thread again after awhile. wondering if there an answer now. more than 15 years i suffer since i was around 11 and for long years im searching for answer..

i posted a thread before write summary of what i found around this issue. such as electrolyte, dysautonomia, hormonal, endocrine, neurotransmitter, immunity, etc but still no exact answer its still vague and no certainty :(

theres a root cause to everything but
why the researchers still havent found it?? let alone the solution. i dont know if the scientist already found the answer?
if anybody know please post and let me know im so desperate

eventhough theres a suggestion on supplement but i think thats not the root of the cause as there should be the root cause why our body have the imbalance/issue with regulation cause other majority of people dont experience it and dont need to supplement.

finding the root of the cause meaning, can find a solution that can cut down the main issue once and for all. also experimenting on many supplements into body for long term wont be so good as there could be an effect cause it isnt natural, and may cause another imbalance if we dont do it right(we cant check our system to know which one is deficient/too much) the product also contain many synthesis chemicals.
if its not the last resort, shouldnt depend on drug.

@goxus i also feel odd if its trully because lacking all minerals and vitamins especially if still young. because for young age it should still have a good system unless if its due to old age where the body is run down. so its odd if the body just broken down with no reason.

Yes im not sure either i am only 25 years old, but i admit i am an anxious person sp being in that state of stress depletes magnesium and other minerals and such... the last 7 days my papls are stable but then just all of a sudden they increase and i cant even lay flat on my bed its so annoying and scary... do ypu struggle with sleep? And please descrube me all yourn symptoms that you are facing with daily. Btwm i dont feel sleepy at all when its time for bed... disturbing

Stretched

Food is the most ubiquitous drug,) Therefore, fluctuations in diet do have affects on heart (and other organs).
Presumably, you’re after long term, permanent relief with mystery palpitation and related.

Suggestion: read up on top diet plans. Then try one diet for 90days, e.g. Paleo; see what happens. Next, if not satisfied change to opposing-type diet, e.g. Keto. Maybe a third if necessary. Otherwise, if you’re able re access and finance at that time, go to cardiologist for rxs, e.g. ace inhibitors, calcium channel blockers or beta blockers, singularly as directed by the doctor. No doubt your health will improve within 6-9 months.

sb4

@kisekishiawase Before all my symptoms started near 10yrs ago I didn't have this heart pounding sensation at all. Only if I did something like go on a big run the suddenly stop or get really scared or something but that is perfectly normal and my heart would settle within seconds.

You mean you wake and feel heart pounding? for me it is there 24/7 to some degree.

@kisekishiawase Before all my symptoms started near 10yrs ago I didn't have this heart pounding sensation at all. Only if I did something like go on a big run the suddenly stop or get really scared or something but that is perfectly normal and my heart would settle within seconds.

You mean you wake and feel heart pounding? for me it is there 24/7 to some degree.

Yes usually, 90% percent of the time i feel them its so annoying when i lay i feel them the most but when im standing up or sitting i feel them much less, i assume it has something to do with the gravity, also alcohol and sugar triggers palps for me but soketimes they dont idk what the hell is thus all about, maybe just anxiety fucking with us

Jwarrior77

Do you guys also get the palpitations in your neck? For me it's very forceful by my collarbones and the carotid arteries.

@jwarrior77 it depends, usually i feel in my heart and in my wrists lol, its so annoying ... and also in my STOMACH always its jumping wtf is that? Some pe9ple dont even know where their heart is

sb4

@Jwarrior77 @goxus Yeah I get the pounding in the neck and stomach, most likely due to high blood flow in those areas.

I will say this, I am absolutely convinced that in my case at least it is nothing to do with anxiety. I do not feel anxious the vast majority of the time yet symptoms remain.

@Jwarrior77 @goxus Yeah I get the pounding in the neck and stomach, most likely due to high blood flow in those areas.

I will say this, I am absolutely convinced that in my case at least it is nothing to do with anxiety. I do not feel anxious the vast majority of the time yet symptoms remain.
Did you check your heart tho? Do you have arythmias too?