• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dysautonomia worse treating B12

Hello all,

It appears we finally have the right approach and my MMA levels are coming down. I have already upped my potassium. My dysautonomia seems to be getting worse. Anyone else experience worsening while treating? I suspect it’s the cells being created and nerves healing... at least I hope it’s that!

Thank you,

K.

drmullin30

@K980, I can't remember, are you taking methyl folate? B12 can cause folate deficiency and dysautonomia and POTS can be caused by folate deficiency.

Thanks. I am taking hydroxy with Folinic acid and riboflavin. My folate results from a few weeks ago were great

Update. My MMA went back up. The only thing I changed was not taking the Adensoyl b12 lozenge as I thought the riboflavin would take care of the conversion of cobalamin to Adensoyl. What can stop cobalamin from converting to Adensoyl b12?