• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DIY methylcobalamin injections?

Hi,

I’ve been using Rx MB12 injections for a few years but due to poor packaging and uneven quality I want to try compounding my own injectable MB12.

It doesn’t seem like rocket science.

There is a British company called Oxbio that sells sterile MB12 powder in amber vials; you just mix it with sterile saline in a dark room and voilà!

However, they are very expensive. So I’m considering buying my sterile powder from another source along with amber vials and saline. But I want to play it safe and don’t miss any important details.

Has anyone tried compounding their own MB12 injections? Any advice?

Would be very grateful for input before I try this at home!

Best regards,

Oskar, Sweden

Hello nilsoskaraxel

I recently found a good and reasonably affordable source of injectable methylcobalamin and have been using it for ME/CFS for a few weeks. He sells you a tiny bottle with the powder in bottom and you add the saline. I have noticed a definite difference and alleviation of brain fog and see it as a long-term remedy. Here is a link to the site: https://perniciousanemia.org/b12/injections/buy/ (I do not have any commercial or personal connection with this person, I just found it online and use it myself).

Best wishes
Laura, Australia

That website order those vials from Oxford Biosciences and marks them up 3x. You can order straight from OB.