• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Creatine pinworms anal itching

This is probably a first of its kind question.

I was taking creatine regularly for last few weeks. I used to take one scoop of the small scoop it comes with. Its probably just 5 grams. It was very helpful for my energy levels. I was cycling for 60 - 90 minutes everyday and also studying. It was very helpful for my concentration.

I started developing anal itching. Slightly nauseated or lowered appetite. Constipated a bit but I take enough probiotics and Magnesium Citrate to push it out. Symptoms looks like its pinworms or some other worm. I am gonna check with a doctor soon. I stopped Creatine and took some Ivermectin and albendazole for three consecutive days. The itching has reduced.

I want to start Creatine again. Because its very essential for my everyday functioning.

Does Creatine feed intestinal worms?

Could creatine be somehow causing fungal overgrowth or triggering candida to become more aggressive? Fungal issues can cause the same symptoms, though I don't know why creatine would have this effect

Oh no Candida is even worse. But candida is a possibility because I have tested positive for a blood test years ago. Had a bad case of thrush few years ago. let me try to control other sugars in my diet and see.