• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus: what your country is doing, how you feel & general discussion

rainbowbluebells

Feel so sad and fed up of having a prime minister that doesn’t do a thing to properly stop the spread of our virus. On track to becoming worse than Italy. Press conference today - Still only “encouraging “ people to do social distancing and then today said in a press conference it’s important for people to go out because it’s good for mental health

He only closed pubs last Friday because France’s Macron called him raging on the phone, telling him he would close France’s border with the UK if he didn’t act.
@Inara i feel so hopeless. I feel like I’m never going to be able to get this surgery that I need to do, as it’s not safe, and I’m in so much pain. I can’t stay calm
Because every day that passes, is another day with me not being able to have surgery.
So angry at the selfish people who I live with in my country, who don’t give a toss about social distancing, and so angry at the selfishness of the prime minister and scientific adviser and everyone who’s in a position of power. To them “living in a land of liberty” (Boris Johnson’s words), is more important than saving lives.
Ashamed to be British right now.

Last edited:

ljimbo423

President of the Health Council Italy-

"We expect to see the first effects of the stringent lockdown measures adopted on March 11 after 2-3 weeks, so the coming week will be absolutely crucial in this sense: we expect to finally see a sign of trend reversal," said Franco Locatelli, President of the Health Council

SOURCE

So it looks like March 25 to April 1 should show signs of trend reversal in Italy.

I wonder if the same time frame can be used for other countries? Meaning it takes 2-3 weeks after lock-down to see signs of trend reversal?

YippeeKi YOW !!

It seems to be most of the workers we can't live without are the lowest paid.
I've noticed that, too.

While CEO's, who are generally fairly worthless except on the exalted level of sucking up to power and buying vacation homes, and paid indefensible, obscene amounts of money.

Pisses me off no end. But then, so much of this upside-down world does ....

YippeeKi YOW !!

so because no change in temperature, this is unlikely to be the coronavirus?
Sadly, not necessarily.

A fair number of COVID patients reported that they hadnt run any temp with this .

But on the plus side, your symptoms dont seem like COVID, so keep your fingers crossed.

And you doors and windows closed and locked :eek::eek: :D :hug:

rainbowbluebells

I've noticed that, too.

While CEO's, who are generally fairly worthless except on the exalted level of sucking up to power and buying vacation homes, and paid indefensible, obscene amounts of money.

Pisses me off no end. But then, so much of this upside-down world does ....

Yep. Here in the UK, many lower paid workers are now being called “key workers”, because we need them during this pandemic, whereas before; they were called “unskilled labour”.

ljimbo423

A fair number of COVID patients reported that they hadnt run any temp with this .

Some are even asymptomatic-

Rand Paul becomes first known senator to test positive for coronavirus

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., on Sunday became the first known senator to test positive for COVID-19.

"Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19," Paul's account tweeted. "He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person."

"He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time," the thread continued. "Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul."

Paul is the third member of Congress to announce a positive test for coronavirus, following Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart, R-Fla., and Ben McAdams, D-Utah. Several Republican lawmakers also self-quarantined earlier this month after learned they had interacted with someone who tested positive for the virus at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

SOURCE

Update time! I'm still on the waitlist for COVID19 testing - I'm hesitant to push the issue since Virginia is still limited to ~1000 tests a day and there are others who are higher risk than I am.

My ME/CFS + COVID19 TImeline:
  • (E+0) March 11th: Confirmed exposure to COVID19 from someone at work.
  • (E+3) March 14th: Mild cough develops. Overnight respiratory rate at baseline of 14.5 breaths/min.
  • (E+4, S+0) March 15th: Mild cough, general unwell feeling toward evening, headaches.
  • (S+1) March 16th: Cough worsens, mild chest tightness, transient flu-like fatigue (different feeling from typical ME/CFS), transient headaches. Overnight respiratory rate increases to 15.2 breaths/min until night of the 19th.
  • (S+2) March 17th: Coughing all day, moderate chest tightness, tingling sensation in chest, flu-like fatigue, constant headaches.
  • (S+3) March 18th: Same as previous day.
  • (S+4) March 19th: Same as above, except: Cough getting deeper, experiencing shortness of breath, however less flu-like fatigue. Wife starts experiencing flu-like fatigue and sore throat. Overnight respiratory rate increased to 16 breaths/min.
  • (S+5) March 20th: Less coughing so far today, chest tightness downgraded to mild-moderate, no shortness of breath, decreasing flu-like fatigue, still have "chest tingles', headaches downgraded to "transient". Wife has flu-like fatigue and sore throat still.
  • (S+6) March 21st: Symptoms got worse compared to yesterday - they are on par with March 19th symptom severity and profile. New symptom emerged: mild chest pain. Overnight respiratory rate still around 16 breaths/min. SpO2 is starting to fluctuate throughout the day - lowest dip in blood oxygen was recorded at 95% today - which to this point had not deviated below 97%. Wife still has flu-like fatigue + sore throat. Out of concern for my overnight SpO2 I took 1g ITPP orally before bed - I had some extra when I trialed it for ME/CFS last year without much success.
  • (S+7) March 22nd: The ITPP seems to be working wonders. Overnight respiratory rate decreased to 15.4 breaths/min, and SpO2 has remained at a constant 98%-99% throughout today. This was the first morning that I woke up without a headache - and as of 3PM EST I still have not experienced a headache. My cough has been manageable unlike yesterday, however is still fairly persistent. Chest tightness downgraded to "mild", chest pain is "barely noticeable" ranges, fatigue has decreased, and no shortness of breath. My wife has developed a mild cough and chest tightness alongside the flu-like fatigue and sore throat.

YippeeKi YOW !!

May I ask what type of cancer did u have?
Stage 3 Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, with lymphatic tumors from stem to stern by the time I got treatment.

Not sure what protective force kept it from moving into orgn systems, since the tumrs wre strangling everything from my colon (the Dr dismissed it and suggested Metamucil for the constipation), to my stomach (Dr suggested 2 or 3 prescription meds, alternately some OTC crap), to my heart, lungs, spleen (I wanted Drs to do an MRI or CT scan but didn't know how to ask for that, or even waht those were since I'd always been incredibly healthy and didn't know what I've learned since, Drs wanted to do more meds), and spine/ spinal cord (Drs suggested more exercise .... at the time I was still pushing myself to do aggressive inline skating every evening, about 2-3.5 miles, half of that uphill) .... but thnk God it didnt get to Stage 4 ....
Do u think u have the virus? How are u now?
Yes. I'm about 100% sure. Been battling it since about the 10th. Am definitely gettng better, a step at a time.
I feel fortunate that I obviously have a 'mild' form, which is unpleasant enough.
Stay safe n thnx for all the advice!
Oh, dear ..... I'm so sorry that there are no easy answers for you. It's terrible situation to be in, made all the worse by complete lack of leadership on both sides of the pond ....

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

and they are just not bothering ... the ignorance is staggering.
Oh God, I sooooo totally agree .... the degree and depth of the stupidity, ignorance and moronity that this has revealed, along with what was revealed in 2016, is just mind-boggling. And terrifying.

what if COVID-19 creates more people with ME/CFS?
I think that it's almost inevitable. I wonder if they'll be able to dismiss us as readily when our ranks are swelled by several millions more?

Yep. Here in the UK, many lower paid workers are now being called “key workers”, because we need them during this pandemic, whereas before; they were called “unskilled labour”.
And shamefully, they'll be returnd to that classification once the pandemic is under control ....

People. Ya can't live with them, ya can tip them all into a huge vat of wet cement because .... you know, probably witnsses ....

AnnieT

I just don't think Boris has put the message out strongly enough about being out, .. it felt too soft. Some people obviously need it saying severely. The police have enough to do without herding up the idiots!

See the people flocking to remote parts of Scotland and Wales too! So inconsiderate.

Some people are in holiday mode!

Back