• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Community symposium on molecular basis of ME/CFS at Stanford Discussion Thread

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Ami Mac, MD, Jasper Rine, Berkeley geneticist, Craig Heller, Stanford biologist. #MECFS18
image.jpeg

Murph

:)
Last talk of the day is Neil McGregor, another Aussie accent. Omics analysis of symptoms. #mecfs18

Cort has put on Twitter that McGregor has found something on metabolite excretion seven days after exercise that could "could present a major advance and push me/cfs in a new direction!"

Proud Australian here! Any more detail we could get on this without breaching the rules?

Gemini

wigglethemouse

Cort has put on Twitter that McGregor has found something on metabolite excretion seven days after exercise that could "could present a major advance and push me/cfs in a new direction!"
For completeness Cort also said "McGregor describes "aha' moment - the kind of thing researchers live for."

Certainly got me interested too. I wonder if Neil McGregor can be squeezed into the Saturday presentation or maybe that is not possible if his work is confidential before publication (i.e. researcher discussion only)

Lisa108

Time zone converter here.
You can chose PT (Pacific Time) in the first column and your time zone or city in the second column.

It will start at 18:00 in Germany...

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Michael Sikora is a grad student of Lars Steinmetz, colleague of Ron. He talked about his work on clonal expansion of T-cells in me/CFS. He works with Ron and Mark Davis too. This work possible bec of OMF funding and (finally) Ron's new NIH grant. #MECFS18