Community symposium on molecular basis of ME/CFS at Stanford Discussion Thread

Ben H

OMF Correspondent

Working Group Meeting on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS
“So much hope in one room.” - “This is what progress looks like."

Check out photos from the Working Group Meeting on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS, sponsored by OMF. More than 50 scientists have gathered for three days to give presentations, engage in in-depth discussions, brainstorm new ideas and next steps, and develop targeted strategies to find answers for ME/CFS. Follow the meeting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Share our posts and help build awareness. Please use our hashtag #MECFS18.

View the album now.

If you haven't already, register for the free Livestream to hear the latest research updates at this Saturday’s Community Symposium at Stanford sponsored by OMF. World-renowned scientists will update patients and interested members of the public on the progress towards understanding the molecular basis of ME/CFS and plans for the future.
Only together can we solve this incredibly complex and horrific disease.
With hope for all,

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

B

These guys are standing here excitedly discussing how to measure YOUR rbc's in a hand held disposable Microfluidic device. They are so awesome. And excited about figuring this out & helping you get better! I'm so moved. At 6 pm. After being here since 8. they're hungry. #MECFS18 image.jpeg

Ruthie24

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49)- These pictures of the whole group that you have posted bring tears to my eyes (literally) as I see all the phenomenal intellectual talent that Ron has collected to help all of us. I can never express my gratitude enough. BIG thank you to all of them!! I would send hugs too, but being that a lot of them are engineering types, they wouldn't appreciate them. :woot:

This is the moment.

You are changing the course of history.

After so many years of neglect and aversion to this disease, it’s incredibly heart-warming to see that so many outstanding scientists care! I just can’t believe it, it’s like a dream that finally comes to life. You have no idea how happy you make me!

Last edited:

Neunistiva

Good morning! Whitney needed me in the night. Seeing his suffering brought me directly back to the reason we are all here. ❤️ #mecfs18
Thank you for doing this for all of our children :heart: Seeing all these scientists brings hope where there is usually only suffering.

I hope Whitney is alright now, as alright as he can be.

I talked before break. Whitney woke me up last night needing me. When I finished helping him I tried to pantomime about what his dad is doing & the conference. He finally caught on. Then he made motions referring to scientists & doctors coming from all around th world. He wanted me to thank them. Prayer hands and heart sign. I shared this with the group in silence. Moving moment. #mecfs18