• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cholecystokinin - When Bile release becomes an issue

xploit316

Hello everyone, I seem to have issues with anything that triggers bile production. I have noticed that whenever I eat bitter foods, high fats(saturated mostly), high protein, soluble fiber and resistant starch, fruit juices (high pectin), exposure to high heat environments, I seem to suffer both physically and mentally through brain fog, fatigue, PEM, Anger and Anxiety. Potatoes seem to be the worst for me which based on the helpful article below is very high in resistant starch.

https://selfhack.com/blog/good-bad-effects-cck/

Has anyone experienced something similar, is this is a liver issue? I had Jaundice as a kid and I remember the Doctor at the time saying that I need to take care of my liver. But I dont drink alcohol, dont smoke, hardly eat junk food and mostly eat well cooked home food. I did consume protein supplements in my early to late 20s that I have stopped since last 5 years after developing lactose intolerance and also after reading that prolonged use of supplements can cause liver issues.

Appreciate any advice thats worked for you. Thanks a lot.

Pyrrhus

You may find these two posts interesting, as they discuss how dysautonomia can result in insufficient digestive enzymes:

since the vagus nerve controls pancreatic secretion of digestive enzymes, dysautonomia could be one explanation for Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) in ME.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...tigue-syndrome-cfs.62997/page-11#post-2374507

dysautonomia could be one explanation for lack of both pancreatic enzymes as well as bile.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...tigue-syndrome-cfs.62997/page-11#post-2383965

vision blue

Interesting observation. Bile is produced in liver and stored in gallbladder and then squirted out as needed. And then theres another step to go wrong. where younwant that old stuff eliminated

Have you tried any of the meds that absorb ble? Only thingbis, that temds to kead to production of more bile...but yku dont really know its the production thats the issue or some other step

Another approach is to twke bile substitutes If its something about the production of yours thats the problem, then supplementing with external sourced may shut down that production

But what does conventional tests say here? How is your bilirubin level in blood? Thats useful for bile related issues. Any sonograms of your andomen? Any gallbladder stones blocking anything show up on sonogram or bile duct issue ? Or a HIDA scan to look for “sludge”?

Whats the lag from drinking say full fat milk and the various symptoms?

xploit316

@vision blue My last liver test which was done a year back came out fine, although the only thing that stood out was I had high ferritin (326) and below range iron (12), apparantly due to "inflammation". Doctor said inflammation was because I'm Hypothyroid (Hashimoto). I have taken Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) for treatment back in 2019 but it had no effect so I stopped.

Full fat milk gives me bloating and scalp eczema. I get the most mental issues from Resistant Starches (especially potatoes), excess heat and masturbation (even if I do it once a month).

After reading the selfhacked article and looking at my own triggers (stated in my original post) there seemed to be a high correlation to CCK. Perhaps, my "untreated" hashimotos has caused a weak liver/gallbladder or its the other way round :)