• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bhupesh Prusty: "we are on a perfect path for identifying potential transferable factors in ME/CFS blood that can cause mito dysfunction..." GoFundMe

Murph

:)
Also keep in mind OMF is not only Ron. There are several dozens of researchers from top universities in the world affiliated with OMF. They are the scientists devoting their time and energy to solve this problem. They have PHDs, they do not suffer from brain fog and they have access to the data. I believe they have a chance at figuring this thing out. IMO The best thing a patient researcher can do is run some sort of a stochastic experimentation process, that's how a lot of big companies make their final decision at the end of day, that's how oil drilling companies decide where to look next, that's how we make progress in a lot of fields where we lack resources and accurate models.

Yes, OMF funds a range of research centres. This is overlooked but it's actually a Foundation not a lab. It has just opened one in Australia!!

That said, the foudnation runs under the eye of the board, which is influenced by Davis, and I do suspect he has his biases, as we all do. e.g. I certainly wouldn't have funded the metabolic trap guy, but I suspect there's something about a grey-haired Palo Alto resident cracking the code through sheer independent brilliance that Ron finds appealling. Overall though, I think OMF is a force for good and even if they put some eggs in some dodgy baskets, they're not putting all their eggs in one basket.

junkcrap50

Found a data analyst (who I follow for COVID science), with no relation to ME/CFS, discussing Prusty's research and ME/CFS! Great that with COVID, more people are tuning into ME/CFS. He's been digging into the ME/CFS research. He's chatted on twitter with @debored13 and ME/CFS researcher Amy Proal.

Hard to copy and past all his tweets as he comments and retweets in multiple threads. But here's his theory on what the "something in the plasma" is. Click on each tweet and read the whole tweet thread (tweets above and below).

Last edited:

Badpack

Mdivi again. I read about it again and again and how wonderful it is for fragmented mitochondria and possible for us. But it has never been used in a human once and i dont know why. Some animal tests but nothing further. For years now. Annoying. Because it could be big for us.

MonkeyMan

Mdivi again. I read about it again and again and how wonderful it is for fragmented mitochondria and possible for us. But it has never been used in a human once and i dont know why. Some animal tests but nothing further. For years now. Annoying. Because it could be big for us.

Hi @Badpack - Is there any reason to think that Mdivi would be more useful than something like elamipretide?

Pyrrhus

"Bhupesh Im testing my C1q auto antibodies next week. I am so excited ha ha! "

Why is she so excited, is there anything you can do about having these antibodies?

Sometimes, IVIG treatment can down-regulate the auto-antibodies so they don't cause problems.
Doesn't always work, though. But it's quite nice when it does.

wigglethemouse

Remember that herpesviruses does not always replicate to cause harm. Just regaining genetic abilities is enough to bring in dramatic changes in cell. We have experimental evidence for Neuronal cell death & inflammation. We now know which region in brain is most affected in CFS.
In one of his presentations Bhupesh Prusty explained he was looking for herpes viruses in tissue from brains (from Cambridge?). I wonder if he is referring to this work???? I don't think he has published on this yet. Interesting............

raghav

In his first paper on ME/CFS Prusty used brain tissue samples from autopsy of ME patients. He got it from a German bio bank.