• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bemer 3000

Chris

PEMF stuff

Hi--Sorry you have to pay that much, Aquariusgirl, for time on the MRS--I only pay $1 per minute! And great to hear what the Bemer is doing for you, m1shelle--hope it continues, and builds! Though it is a bit disturbing to hear that you relapse when you don't have continual access to it--one might hope for more permanent results--maybe those will come with time. Keep us updated!

Meanwhile, I have received Robert Becker's books, and am reading The Body Electric--not an easy read, but absolutely fascinating--he begins with the profound question: why, and how, can salamanders regrow amputated limbs, while we cannot? Not sure exactly where this is leading, but I am hooked for the journey. May write a report when I begin to understand this stuff a little better. And will have another session on the MRS in a day or two.
Best, Chris

Wayne

Hi Michelle,

I haven't kept up very well on this thread, but have kept it in mind. Thanks so much for keeping this thread updated. And congratulations on discovering that the Bemer 3000 works so well for you. AND, congratulations on your decision to purchase this machine. You certainly did your preliminary research and experimentation to be able to make a good decision.

Hi Chris, thanks much for all the great information and links. I'm a big believer in the potential that various micro-current devices can offer. It's too bad that our current medical establishment gives it so little credence or attention. Although I have to say, I've been using a micro-current device called the Alpha-Stim 100, which was approved by the FDA about 30 years ago for depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. Unfortunately, there are very few doctors who are aware of it or its efficacy.

I'm curious how the alpha-stim would compare to the Bemer 3000. From what you describe Michelle, it sounds like there's a lot of different ways to use the Bemer 3000. Does it involve a pretty steep learning curve to be able to take advantage of all its features? Thanks again for update.

Wayne

m1she11e

more BEMER

I appreciate all the well wishes. I really waited to post as I wanted to MAKE SURE it was the BEMER helping me. I was going to save all my money and go find Mike's doctor one day!:D This kind of a purchase was not easy, that is why I stopped and started using it so many times.

I still am so far from where I want to be. I was on the couch nauseated, numb, horrible Vertigo, and just felt dead every day for at least 3 months with NO BREAK. I ate lying down cause I was so tired.

I went jet skiing 2 weekends ago. I went to IKEA last weekend (way more work then jet skiing). I am thinking about working a few days a week again. I am still not even close to being well, but I have a few hours here and there where I feel alive again. I have really bad days too but never where I cant get out of the house or down my 3 flights of stairs anymore. It really is amazing but I cannot stress enough that the BEMER has NOT healed me and I am far from well. I take very good care of myself and always have. That is a huge improvement in a short amount of time though.

Froufox- I have used so many different Rife machines that I cannot remember them all. I know I have used a "Doug" machine, the others I do not remember the names but I know that all were supposed to be "the best." I used the "Doug" for about 3 months faithfully. The others were hit and miss over the years. I did have access to a VIBE machine for 2 months as well.
As far as the Photon device, my mom's husband is the editor of a scientific/alternative magazine. We were sent a photon device years ago. The man who created it was a genius and he was certain it would cure me. I was sick, but not even close to being as sick as I was when I got the BEMER. I noticed nothing at all from the Photon device. I also used the Scio for awhile too. There were probably others along the way.

Chris- I wasnt disturbed when I relapsed considering how sick I was and how I only used it for about 3 weeks at a time before giving it back. I assume that after being sick for so long and being SO bad that it will take time to heal no matter what I do. I think the BEMER puts your body in a healing state so that it can heal itself. I never went back to being as bad as I was when I gave it up and it took about a week each time to start to feel myself "melting."

Wayne- As far as the micro current. I have a micro current machine for face and body treatments. I "used to" be an Esthetician and I got great results for non surgical face and body lifts.
One of the reason it worked for the skin is it increased ATP by 400%!!!
I asked that company if that would increase ATP in the whole body and they said it would but not to make that claim. I never felt better though after using it although some of my clients would say they did????
As far as the BEMER being difficult to use, if it had been even a little difficult...between that and finding out it was a MLM, I would have never even hopped on the thing!

My daughter has been over the last two nights and she just called to tell me she has a really bad cold. She sounds awful. I have not had my WBC's checked since they dropped to 2.6 a few months ago. This will be a real test for the BEMER. If I dont get sick it will be a miracle.

:),
Michelle

Wayne

I also used the Scio for awhile too.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks again for your posts. I recently ran into an acupuncturist who does a certain type of rejuvenation program where she uses about 50-60 needles on just the head, face & ears. I've had some experience with acupuncture in the past, and always felt the few needles that were used on my head were the most effective.

When I talked to her about beginning treatment, she felt that because of my depleted condition, I (we) should gradually try to build up my stamina before attempting the rejuvenation program that centers around the head. Anyway, she recommends I use a SCIO machine, which she mentioned has the ability to give an acupuncture treatment without using needles.

I made an appointment to start with this next week, but am having a lot of second thoughts. It's so easy to spend an awful lot of money on a therapy that may not necessarily work in the long run. And it seems you're saying that the Bemer 3000 has been far better for you than the SCIO ever was.

It seems that for the cost of one SCIO treatment, I could rent the Bemer 3000 for a month. I guess if I'm going to consider this route, I will need to check to see if there is a minimum rental time for the Bemer 3000 (perhaps 8 months) that I would need to commit to.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts on the comparison of the Bemer 3000 with the SCIO, I would be very interested to hear them. You've already posted a quite bit today, so please only reply if you're up for it. Thanks Michelle! :)

Wayne

aquariusgirl

Michelle, methylation

Michelle
I'm curious: have you tried methylation support of any kind? Amy Yasko's protocol? Rich Van K's protocol? Methyl B12 + folinic acid and Folapro ( methyl tetrahydrofolate?).
Thanks

m1she11e

Bemer

Wayne-The practitioner who was using the SCIO on me said I didnt get results because I had too much Mercury. I had 15 fillings still in my mouth at that time. This was 12 years ago. Alot of people got good results with guy. I forgot until now, but he was injecting Sanum and other homeopathics back then. I didnt get injected. He did make me some remedies from the SCIO.

I think you can find out if there is a "BEMER partner" in your area. That is some one who sells the BEMER locally. Maybe they would let you rent it. They usually rent it for 100.00 a week. I think that is ridiculous! I would use it for a full month if you do it at all. I think less is a waste of your money. If you rent from BEMER it is 950.00 for 4 weeks and all but 150.00 will go toward purchase if you decide to buy. Total is due though at that point. :(

Tough decision. I would try to see if the practitioner with the SCIO could let you talk to people he/she had treated??? If you lived in Florida you could try my BEMER! Maybe you will find some one nice who wont charge so much...

Aquarius- I have been sick for over 27 years but only REALLY bad this last year. I was so bad that NOTHING seemed to pull me out of it at all. This last year I tried the Liposome Glutathione for a month and I think that helped a little bit. I did try Rich's basic protocol. I think there were 3 products I ordered at that time. I was so sick that I gave up after a few months. It makes sense that it is important and I plan on doing Fredd's B12 protocol, or maybe Rich's for longer OR maybe the Lipo Glutathione. The Lipo Glutathione was one of the few things that I kind of thought helped in that category.

froufox

Thanks Michelle,

I was just curious when you said photon device and wondered if it was the Bionic 880 that you had used. Ive been using the Bionic and like others who have used it have found it to be quite powerful, although not a cure. Anyway I guess the photon device you used wasnt particularly powerful if you didnt notice anything from it.

I have used a Doug Coil too and overall didnt make a substantial improvement with that either but I only used it for 6 months and then moved onto trying other treatments.

The Bemer looks like a really interesting device, especially as you have a good response to it in such a short space of time. Good luck with it!

m1she11e

Bionic 880

Froufox- I have been seeing alot about the Bionic 880 over the last year on Lyme boards. I always wondered if it was the same one and the guy finally got recognition. When I read about the Bionic 880 there were alot of similarities. The guy who sent it to us had a very thick accent and was very worried about my detoxing. I never detoxed though either from it.

Even if it is the same one, I used it a very long time ago and I am sure technology has improved quite a bit. I am glad you are seeing results!

I think M0jey uses some kind of a photon device and has had positive results too.

All the little pieces...

mojoey

Hey froufox

I didn't know you used the bionic 880 as well! I think we're the only 2 on this site that have. No I agree that it's not a cure for CFS, although some with lyme have had remarkable results with it. When you know exactly what bug you're dealing with & you can find the appropriate nosode for said bug, I'm not sure there's a better therapy out there (rife included).

Michelle--thanks for keeping us posted on the Bemer. Very interesting, and I look forward to hearing just how far it takes you.

best,
joey

aquariusgirl

Froufox
can you tell us more about your experience with the bionic 880? Did you get it from Germany? Did you get any training on it? How do you use it, etc?
How much did it cost??
Joey has really piqued my interest in this machine.
thanks

jenbooks

Hi folks, regarding Bionic 880 there is another device that may be as good, the Photonic Energetics. I have one here but haven't had a chance to get nosodes and try to use it yet. There is a yahoo group called Bionic 880 and the guy who started it went to Germany, had treatment, and came back with a machine, but has now ordered a PE-1 and will compare them. So go to yahoogroups.com and search "Bionic 880" and join that group. Two people got well using the PE-1 and nosodes and Sanum remedies.

froufox

Hi Michelle, thats interesting I wonder if it was an earlier model of the Bionic?? I believe that the bionic has been around for several yrs so perhaps it was.

Yes Joey it looks like we the only 2 around here!

Hi Aquarius girl, I didnt go to Germany to have photon therapy I've been having it in the UK with a practitioner for about 10 months now, first twice a week, now about once a week or a month depending on what I can afford. Its pretty straightforward to use, you just place it on various chakra & acupuncture points on the body, and sellotape homeopathic nosodes to your solar plexus.

In Germany the doctor gives IV support after reach treatment as it is really important to help with the detox. I have not had this which is obviously a disadvantage but I have used homeopathic drainage support eg Pekana Big 3 which works on the liver, kidneys and lymph and I have found this to somewhat help clear toxins from my head.

I have found the therapy to be very powerful and it certainly does seems to induce a 'herx' or detox as I have felt completely wiped out after some treatments and very depressed especially when I first started and had 5 treatments in quick succession. I think the depression might be partly due to cytokine release and too much inflammation as a result of the immune system responding.

At times tho this initial worsening has been followed by significant improvements in energy, for example I was able to exercise for the first time earlier on in the year for the first time in years without crashing the next day which felt amazing at the time especially as I have very low cortisol. Also I have found that when I have a few treatments in quick succession I notice that my eyes look very bright and clear like a normal healthy person.

Sometimes the inflammation in my head has calmed right down after a session so it can help with brain fog too. Once I used it over my liver area and I was so ill after this session I cant even remember what happened the following week! Anyway it just shows how powerful the treatment can be. Overall tho as I say I have not found it to be a cure or for the benefits to be consistent and I am still quite ill.

Research done by Professor Popp found that light governs all biochemical processes in biological systems and this is the basis on which photon therapy is supposed to work...when the light is absorbed into the body it can induce a lot of beneficial chemical changes eg boosting ATP and reducing inflammation. In the case of the Bionic my understanding is that the photons send a signal to your immune system to deal with the pathogens (depending on which nosodes you use). However if for some reason your immune system is not strong enough to respond to that signal because of for example HPA axis dysfunction and poor adrenal function then you are not going to be able to fully utilise the photons. One particular Bionic practitioner in Germany relayed this to me about the adrenal connection.

I think that this is no different to any treatment whether it is anti-biotics, anti-virals, rife or whatever, it is only going to work if your body has enough 'energy' to be able to utilise it, and if it has too little reserves then it might not respond as well as it could. I think this is the case with me so as I say I have not found it to be a cure as such in my case...this might be because I have a lot of problems, eg weak endocrine system and low hormone levels, heavy metal problems, gut pathogens, methylation problems. I have personally had more success using herbs for gut pathogens.

As Joey says some people with lyme have responded fantastically but some are also still sick.

Overall my thoughts are that having photon therapy is beneficial but if you need to chelate metals out, support your glands, treat gut parasites or address methylation blocks or whatever other issues you have, so you have to attack from all angles to give yourself the best chance of recovery.

It costs about 6000 Euros from what I remember, so it is rather expensive but there is another photon device out there called the PE-1 which is a lot cheaper at about $1100 (www.photonicenergetics.com). It uses the same 880 wavelength as the bionic but it also has wider choice of wavelength settings too. There are a couple of good reports from lyme users although the Bionic has been around longer and obviously has a better track record. I am thinking of saving up to buy the PE-1 myself so that I can treat myself more regularly at home.

Hope that helps, best wishes.

aquariusgirl

Very helpful froufox. Much appreciated.
Very striking to hear what that one practitioner said about how you can't get the full benefit without a properly functioning immune system.
And I think you're right about having to work all angles. I was intrigued that someone's doctor told them that hormone supplementation wouldn't work until their detox systems were functioning.
And then Cheney is saying there are steps you have to take before stem cell transplantation.
I've been doing methylation support for two years, and that feels like the foundation for me.. but I want to add other things to pick up the pace a bit.

froufox

Hi aquariusgirl, yes there always seems to be some step we have to take before a another treatment will work. Thats interesting about the hormone/ detox connection I wonder if that has anything to do with sulfation pathway in the liver that deals with the metabolism of hormones and if that is blocked then we cant use the hormones properly. I know that it works the other way too as I've found thyroid hormones help me detox as they support the liver.

Yes I feel or hope that the methylation stuff is the foundation on which other treatments can build. I'm taking the MTHF and trying to build up the methylb12 very slowly as I'm quite sensitive to its effects. Are you doing full Yasko or the simplified protocol? Have you improved much in the 2 yrs you've been doing it?

aquariusgirl

my history

I did about 9 months or a year on the simplified and then moved slowly to longer yasko. Doing yasko lite cos of money issues. In other words, less frequent testing, virtually no RNAs-- her proprietary therapies.

All in all, I've been at it since Feb 2007, so 2.5 years or thereabouts.
But the longer I am at this, the more I read about Dr Maes or De Meirleir, or Nicholson, the more appreciation I have for yasko. My experience is she is right about what I can and cannot tolerate with my SNPs-- genetic make-up.

It's just a pain in the ass to take all those supps and its painstakingly slow,.
I'm experimenting with methyl B12 now and we'll see if that helps, and I'm interested in anything and everything that could boost glutathione, eliminate toxins and pathogens.. you know the drill.

In terms of gains so far: it has turned everything around.
Improved sleep, body temp, brain function, periods, outlook, stamina, energy ...you name it.

I was a vegetable when I started this. I'm on the road to recovery now.

Tests indicate I now have reduced glutathione in range and am making modest amounts of energy...(Acumen ATP tests).

I was 16 years sick and Rich Van K said I had some of the worst readings on that Vitamin Diagnostic Panel he had ever seen so I guess I dug myself quite a hole.

I used to feel like I had dementia. Not so much any more.. but still a long way to go physically and mentally.

I think my amino acids are still rock bottom.. waiting on my latest UAA to confirm that..

Very intrigued by the idea of IV amino acids as used by Mike's doc. Seems like a no-brainer. Wonder why no one else is doing that?

Is this helping you?

Oh yes, and conventional labs showed I had healthy serum levels of folic acid and B12 before I started on methylation support.
Well, that was bullshit.

I had 17.3 for an MMA the first time I ran it and it took me MORE THAN TWO YEARS of DAILY SUPPLEMENTATION of B12 and active forms of folate to get my folate markers even in range on that Vitamin Diagnostics panel.

So when people on here say it can't possibly be as simple as a B12 and folate deficiency or their labs show they have healthy levels of b12 and folate (assuming of course these are conventional serum measurements) I WANT TO SCREAM.

Three years ago, I hadn't even heard of methylation, and I didn't know squat about b12 or folate deficiency. Now when I hear PWCs saying they don't buy the idea that methylation problems or B12 and folate deficiences are at the root of our illness, I just roll my eyes and think these ppl are flat-earthers.

I can't understand why people sit about and discuss this theory or that theory ad nauseam but won't run a $300 test that would tell them if they have issues with their methylation cycle.

I'm talking about the Vitamin Diagnostics methylation pathways panel here..

HTH

jenbooks

Question for Aquarius

Hi there. Glad you are feeling slowly better and better. What in the Simplified Protocol was not right for you, but refining via Yasko was? I have had my Yasko genetics done but don't feel I can afford the program plus there are so many supplements on it and I react to fillers.

I am not sure I can get Vitamin Diagnostics--whether it is "legal" in NY. Genova is not. Neither is a Clifford biocompatibility test for dental materials. I literally cannot get these. I would have to get a New Jersey doctor *and* a New Jersey address!!

aquariusgirl

The simplified was fine as far as it went. I just decided I need to start taking some of the minerals because I figured I was loosing them as I excreted metals. My UEEs seemed to show this. and I figured she was right about supporting the gut and going after gut bugs, so I came around to doing the gut program.

Honestly, I haven't run that many tests thru yasko so it would be misleading to say I've done a lot of refining with her.

But I have the SUOX SNP, and 2 CBS upregs and thru home testing, (sulfite and sulfate testing strips) I am beginning to see that she seems to be right about how they work, so I'm doing lots of moly and B12 for the suox, and now that I"m experimenting with nebulised glut, I'm trying to do bits of the ammonia protocol, so that I can tolerate it.

Sorry. I know what you're asking about whether the genetic tailoring really makes a difference and I just haven't done FULL yasko strictly enough and long enough to say.

I was just quite struck that my home sulfite and sulfate testing strips seemed to support what she was saying about how my body should react and that's quite a recent development.

jenbooks

Suox sulfite etc

That makes sense about the minerals. I bought minerals in bottles in water--an autism program--where if it tastes sweet you should take it as that means you need it. Individualized minerals.

I have CBS upregulation--but I can't do a low ammonia program as its high carb and I desperately need my protein. I have too much candida to do high carb anyway. And theoretically I should sulfur-overdose on my IV glutathione but I don't.

Well anyway I am going to start experimenting with folapro maybe folinic acid and hydroxy. She had said I might need bh4--I have issues with aluminum, perhaps. I have some in the freezer but it may be expired by now. I bought these things a year ago but got waylaid by one thing after another.

Thanks!:)

froufox

Hi aquariusgirl, thnx for sharing your experience of Yasko, yes its really helpful. Its really interesting to hear your perspective and its also very encouraging to know that you are improving so much considering how ill you have been.

It sounds like you have been ill for about the same length of time as me (I've been ill for 16 yrs)...I know what its like to have the symptoms of dementia, its awful isnt it, you can feel so far gone! It must be such a relief to know you are getting better now and it just shows that you dont need to follow the full programme to have significant benefits.

I havent had any of the methylation or genetic testing done as I haven't had the money...its more expensive to get the test done here in the UK and I always end up spending my money on treatments instead. I did consult Michael Payne recently who is very familiar with Yasko and has worked with a lot of children with autism and CFSers and he reckoned I am CBS upregulated based on my history. Still it would be good to get tested at some point to know for sure.

Its obvious that I have methylation blocks tho from my response to methylb12 and the active folic acids. I do have infections including lyme, chronic viruses and I have mercury too but I always felt that lack of B12 was contributing a lot to my symptoms... I have a history of being vegan and even though it was only for a relatively short time it led to me going rapidly downhill and in a vicious circle as I couldnt tolerate any protein for about 2 yrs and was severely underweight for about 3 yrs. And yes like you I had 'normal' blood levels!

Apart from making my ME/CFS much worse and I also ended up developing pretty bad MCS due to the lack of protein and B12 and I noticed that I always felt a lot better when I ate foods high in B12 so I felt it was really key.

I'm doing the simplified protocol - I'm just taking the Folapro and recently I introduced the adenosylb12 & methylb12 as recommended by Freddd tho I'm going very easy on the mb12. I feel that they are helping and literally just last night and today it really feels the nerves in my brain are healing. I havent felt like this for a very long time so it feels like something really significant is happening.

I've been chelating the last few days with DMSA and I felt my body really liked the DMSA and it was not as stressful to chelate as it has been in the past. I'm wondering if it is mopping up any mercury that was stirred up by the methylation supps. Either that, or the DMSA was pushing out the mercury so my cells are absorbing the B12s and active folates better. Either way my brain feels like it is healing.

I've also been sneezing a lot more over the past week like I have a cold which is a good sign for me so it feels that my immune system is switching on again.

I totally agree with you about the minerals & aminos, they are so essential. I havent had IV aminos but I have taken powdered aminos before which have helped a bit. Brice Vickery's (www.doctorvickery.com) are supposed to be good quality tho not as cheap as others.

I'm like you jenbooks in that I know that I need the aminos but I just generally feel like I dont metabolise it well if I eat too much, I feel like I get too 'acidic' and irritable and sometimes get symptoms of increased ammonia like narcoplepsy...since being on the b12s tho it feels that my need for protein is less as my brain feels more nourished. I cant take too many carbs either as they aggravate my candida and stress my adrenals out.

Aquariusgirl did or do you have problems in adrenal function?

I really hope that you continue to improve! Take care.