• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Atlas Profilax treatment

leela

This is fantastic, Wayne. I wish I kept such good notes, but I don't :alien:!

Many of your facts coincide with what the holistic neurologist was saying to me about the cranial opening.
She explained (and I promptly forgot the details) how in sensitized people, there is a protective mechanism by which
even a toxic odor can enter the nose, hit the brain, and throw the neck out. She has to ask people to please NOT wear scent to surgery (!) or her neck will go out. I cannot imagine why anyone would perfume themselves before brain surgery, but she says it is surprising how many do.

She had me get a dental splint to try to correct the misalignment in C1/C2, but I am not feeling much benefit even after an initial small gain, one year later.

I would suppose the big headache and brain fog you had was all that backlog of toxic crap stuck in your brain suddenly draining out and overwhelming your system. The profilax people would do well to understand that there is a subset of us for whom this is likely to occur. Strategies should be in place, including Golden's Healing Sleep Room. Humans still have so much to learn about how to treat ourselves and one another.

WoolPippi

Can you tell me more about your spine before treatment?
It was the muscles keeping it zig zaggy. I wore my shoulders around my ears, most days. Stress related.

As a very young baby I was dropped on the marble floor and got a small tear in the back of my skull. It healed but it may account for why I've always worn my head tilted. Perhaps that's when my skull and atlas got misaligned. My shoulders, torso and hips compensated for it by zigzagging and twisting. But it was never in my bones, it was just the way I held my body. It was the most comfortable to sit/stand. I've never had pain in back or muscles. I did in my shoulders though and got RSI in my wrists because my shoulders blocked all blood supply to my arms in stressfull times.

My face has grown a bit askew over time. I always sleep on my right cheek and I wore my head tilted, so my eyes have grown a bit out of line. Just like that fish has....the plaice... and Shannon O'Doharty from BeverlyHills90210

WoolPippi

@leela ,
My body also felt intruded upon.

My body too. It was so insulted that I had done this to it. Betrayed. No matter how interesting the results where, it really felt betrayed.
I've never felt such a divide between my body-me and mind-me. A very weird experience. I had to admit fault to my body and apologize. Weeeird.

Thank you for responding in this thread.

With me, the treatment itself was painful. I had to coax my body through. But it really was like a jack hammer action on the side of the neck. Unpleasant and painful. I could just about stand it but I have a high stubbornnes threshold for pain and had taken plenty of cortisol.

Wayne

I am concerned more these days about what people are trained to do on an esoteric level. I believe firmly in informed *conscious* consent. ......... I don't know what the esoteric is, if any, for this technique. I have read people think it removes implants. I don't know if thats what practitioners think they are doing. ......... My body also felt intruded upon. but all that is a messy subject.

I’m not sure Golden what exactly you mean by “what people are trained to do on an esoteric level”. So even though my relating the following story is a result of your reference to esoteric, I’m not sure it’s anywhere near what you were referring to. That said... :)

My AP was done by a man by the name of Michael Hane. I had contacted him regarding getting the AP done, but he lived 300 miles away, a distance I couldn’t travel at the time. He said he would be coming through Ashland on his way up north to visit relatives at some point, and said he’d be happy to stop by then. Once we set up a time, I asked if he would have the time to do a few more for some friends who had expressed an interest in it. He said he could.

I ended up setting up appointments for about 10-12 friends. Michael arrived about an hour prior to getting started, and I found him to be a very interesting man. After about half an hour of visiting with him, I sort of “pinpointed” something special about him that I felt was unique. And that was that he seemed to carry an “energy of alignment”. — BTW, this was an unusual experience for me, having never really had a similar one before this moment.

After another half hour, my friend came for the appointment, so I went upstairs to my bedroom so they could have the downstairs to themselves. I could hear them sort of talking in the distance for a few minutes, and then it became quiet. About this very time, I began to become aware of an incredible wave of energy flowing into our living quarters. The energy of alignment I felt when visiting him seemed to open up to almost a torrent, a flow I would guesstimate at several times stronger than what I noticed from just visiting with him. — I was so struck by it, that I called Alea at work to let her know we had a new and positive energy flowing into our home.

This flow kept up for the rest of the day (appointments were about 45 min. apart). Toward the end of the day, a very dear friend of mine (who has CFS) came by. She wasn’t sure whether she should do this, but being extremely sensitive and intuitive, she decided to just stop by and get a sense of it. She was especially concerned about a problematic jugler vein that had been operated on the year before, and her doctor told her to NEVER have a chiropractic adjustment.

But she came in, sat down, tuned into her body (and I believe her guides), and the energy in our home, and immediately knew it would be a totally safe and beneficial thing for her to do. So here comes a really interesting part of this story. She later told me than when she arrived, the place was filled with a fairly large number of “beings” (who she could see with her inner vision) and who all seemed to be connected to this AP technique. Cumulatively, it felt like she was in an aura of “supportive energy”, and felt safe and cozy in this energetic environment (the best description I can remember after so many years).

As I recall, I think she said at one point that the benefits she received as a result from getting this done were primarily energetic, and also as I recall, really quite substantial. Next time I talk to her, I’ll check with her (if I remember), and see if she could fill in a few details. I’ll report back her if this conversation happens at some point.

This last report is more physical, but one that has always stood out for me. Most everybody I’ve talked to who has had this AP done have had good results, and are happy to have done it. One man shared with me how he had such difficulty breathing, that he had to sleep sitting upright. Upon getting the AP, he was able to actually lay down and breath normally, and was able to sleep that night laying down in bed, something he had not been able to do for years.

For some people, the AP can be life altering (I believe it was for me). For others, not so much. For some that have not noticed any benefit at all, I sometimes wonder if there’s a situation with the particular AP practitioner you worked with. Michael has told me that he now uses far less force than he used to, and feels the whole procedure is much gentler as a result. I’ve also heard that one particular AP practitioner had his accreditation revoked because of the large number of clients who ended up having to have it redone by other practitioners (along with other complaints). — Again, never another charge, even if you go see another practitioner. And BTW, any practitioner will always provide a free re-check to see if your atlas stayed in place or not.

Wow, two pretty long posts here today. I think I’ll take some time off. :) But I did enjoy writing this; it’s a topic that’s near and dear to my heart.

Warmly, Wayne

Last edited:

Wayne

I went back and reread Waynes report and it was not painful for him, so I"m not sure if the pain reflects the amount of imbalance I had or something else. She did say the distortion of my atlas profilax was in the top 10%. I did have a bad fall when I was 12 and in a car accident when I was about 22 so this didn't surprise me.

Hi Globalpilot, congratulations on having this done. To briefly clarify, I did find this procedure to be painful, although from some of the reports on this thread, perhaps not as much as others have. My pain came more in the following days with some very intense headache pain. But to clarify further, I had had chronic headache pain for many years, which I believe was a result of a serious head/whiplash injury I had at age 15.

Regarding your progress; even though you haven't noticed much so far, there's always a chance that improvements will come later on. The woman who I first found out about AP from didn't notice anything substantial for the first few weeks. However, I believe she was able to completely stop all of her anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medication during the ensuing months.

I continue to believe, even after all these years (6), that my cranial nerves and some of my neurological functions continue to heal, especially with every new step that I take to improve my health. --- (Looks like my next step is going to be experimenting with relatively high Liposomal Vitamin C supplementation).

Again, congratulations! :thumbsup:

Wayne

Last edited:

Wayne

Hip, just read your post at the above link, and found it quite interesting. I think you might find this thread interesting (Oral Systemic Balance - by Darden Burns), which I believe is most relevant to this AP discussion. Of note, 70% of the nerve impulses leaving the brain travel through the TMJ. It's no wonder I had so many neurological symptoms improve after I had my atlas aligned.

It was quite noticeable that my TMJ was realigned when I had the AP done (even though my TMJ wasn't really bad to begin with). So much more than just the atlas gets realigned when doing this procedure, but it's critical it be done properly. If not, I would guess a previous misalignment could result in an entirely new misalignment. Which is why AP practitioners are so insistent on having the atlas re-checked within a few weeks of having it done.

Last edited:
Thanks @Wayne for so much information. I need to try this! My only concern is my existing problem with neck. My vertebrae are close to nerves but don't impinge.

I found a practitioner 2 hours away to ask. I would like to have an experienced AP practitioner like you had, but 2 hours drive is hard enough.

Wayne

Thanks @Wayne for so much information. I need to try this! My only concern is my existing problem with neck. My vertebrae are close to nerves but don't impinge.

I would highly recommend calling and talking to Dr. Brian Elijah, ND, DC who works in the Twin Cities ---- (952) 884-3700). He's the only AP practitioner I know of who is also a licensed chiropractic physician, and I think it's highly likely he could satisfactorily address your concerns. My best guess is it would take some extraordinary circumstances that might prevent somebody from doing the AP. But I think a licensed chiropractor who's familiar with the AP would be the very best person to identify those circumstances.

golden

'herb queen' said it did nothing for her.

'sascha ' said its not a one off at all but went with a chiropractor in this thread:

http://forums.prohealth.com/forums/index.php?threads/atlas-profilax-attn-waynesrhythm.211319/

The Chiros arent best pleased and some call it dangerous but one can understand how this maybe a little biased!

Thanks for all the info.

Much to consider here.

I probably wont seek out another atlas practitioner and try again for free...however if a Chiropractor would do it I may give this more thought - thanks for the tip Wayne.

Golden

leela

Well, the guy just called back. He says he gives a full hour of spinal work before doing the AP, and he said pain was not part of the way he does it. And he says he is one of the first people to be trained in AP by the Swiss people, so I'm going to go for it. Monday.
:cool:
I'll report back when it's done:wide-eyed:

golden

Very interesting the different methods being used under the Atlas. Mine was one of the first too.

Happy to hear there is a pain free version!

Wishing you success :)

Golden

golden

I would highly recommend calling and talking to Dr. Brian Elijah, ND, DC who works in the Twin Cities ---- (952) 884-3700). He's the only AP practitioner I know of who is also a licensed chiropractic physician, and I think it's highly likely he could satisfactorily address your concerns. My best guess is it would take some extraordinary circumstances that might prevent somebody from doing the AP. But I think a licensed chiropractor who's familiar with the AP would be the very best person to identify those circumstances.

'it would take extrodinary circumstances to prevent one from doing the AP '

Just going to include this thread Wayne from tribe net:

http://people.tribe.net/starburst/blog/6aad2f0a-27a2-4d1c-9395-318628cb7d1d

It has some outstanding reviews on Atlas and some very damaging ones too....

Marcia posted as an Alternative Practitioner she wonders if she hadactually been chipped!

Even if this is also 'far fetched ' my point is that people are largely unaware of what esoteric practices practitioners are practicing on them. :)

Its funny , last night this point was boiling hot. As I was discussing it.

I remembered that when practitioner was prodding
feeling if I, she was going to do some serious damage

I was also having The Perrin Technique at the time by an Osteopath. She manipulates this area and was regularly seeing me.

She did not comment on any difference in this area at all but also when she was told i had had the Atlas repositioned - she looked/felt more closely at it and stated she could not tell any difference . I then confirmed to her that neither could I.

Finally, the practitioner you mentioned who had his AP revoked - I think they set up Atlas Revolution?

:)
Golden

golden

Just wanted to mention, inspired by this thread and tribe net - I have just emailed to ask for a full refund :)

£140

Another poster mentioned this is part of Atlas Profilax high standards policy .

I hope I get it as this money is sorely needed by me.
I feel I definately deserve it as I am genuine.

Best
Golden

Wayne

Just going to include this thread Wayne from tribe net:

http://people.tribe.net/starburst/blog/6aad2f0a-27a2-4d1c-9395-318628cb7d1d

It has some outstanding reviews on Atlas and some very damaging ones too....

Thanks Golden for posting that link; some very interesting comments. Something I don't believe has been mentioned on this thread is that AP practitioners don't claim this treatment is going to solve everybody's entirety of neck, back and pain issues. In fact, they encourage people to do follow up therapy to complement what they've done. This might include chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, cranial/sacral, etc. I wonder if some of those who didn't get good results neglected this advice (if they even got it.)

One poster who wrote a lengthy very positive testimonial ended up with these words, which I think is some very sound advice:
Anyway, if you're considering AP I'd say research your practitioner first. Make sure they prepare the nervous system prior to the AP so it's as relaxed as possible. And, most importantly, trust your intuition. If you feel intuitively that AP will help you, then it very likely will. If you feel intuitively that it's not for you, then don't do it. Always trust your gut. Not everything is for everyone, and I guarantee those that had sessions where they complained about the results certainly didn't have their gut saying "go for it!"

About four years after I had my AP, I began to have some deteriorating instability and neck pain. Thinking my atlas had "gone out", I visited Dr. Brian Elijah in the Twin Cities. He quickly determined that my atlas was still in place, but my axis (next vertebra down) was seriously out of whack. He worked on it for about 10-15 minutes with a technique that seemed very similar to the AP; using slow and methodically increasing pressure (unlike any chiropractic treatment I had ever had). It was fairly uncomfortable, and left me with somewhat of a headache. But my neck was dramatically improved by the next day.

When I think of some of the posters who've complained about their results, it makes me wonder if they're expecting miracles from doing the AP, instead of having more realistic expectations, AND assuming responsibility for the totality of their structural issues. I can easily believe that some practitioners are most likely not as good as others, and may not give as good a session as other more experienced AP practitioners. But no single doctor or practitioner is going to be a panacea for all of our ailments.

BTW, the followup axis treatment I got from Brian Elijah was free of charge, even though he was not the original AP practitioner who treated me! I sometimes think the charged word of "SCAM", which happened on the message board I visited, is tossed out far too loosely.

Last edited:

Wayne

I'll admit my posts on this thread could "possibly" be a bit one-sided :rolleyes::angel: given my own positive experience with AP. But I just can't resist posting a portion of one testimonial I saw at the link Golden provided. I would encourage anybody considering doing the AP to read these testimonials, as you do get some sharply contrasting pros and cons.
"I am so thankful I found this work. Perhaps the results depend on the practitioner, but I doubt it. I went to Michael Hane in California and he was awesome. He combined Atlas Profilax with craniosacral work so the session lasted about 45 minutes and I felt great afterwards. Everything seemed brighter and sharper. I could see more clearly. I could raise my head up easily and without tension for the first time, perhaps ever.

It felt a bit strange at first in the minutes after the session as my body got used to the adjustment, but I got used to it fast and all I can say is WOW four years later. If your session takes only 5 minutes, I'd say maybe find another practitioner, as that doesn't seem right at all. Michael prepares the nervous system first, making sure it's completely relaxed and receptive before he does the AP. I think that's the only way this should be done."

Wayne

For anybody considering doing the AP, there's a reflexology exercise I've discovered that helps me a lot with neck pain and stiffness; perhaps it would help prepare the neck for the AP procedure. In reflexology, where the big toe connects to the foot corresponds to where the head connects to the neck and torso. Here's how to proceed:

Hold your left foot steady with your left hand, take hold of your left big toe with the fingers of your right hand, and then begin to twirl it, slowly and methodically. You will likely hear and feel various kinds cracking as tension begins to release in the area. I would do it for at least 2-3 minutes, then do the same with the other foot.

I did this once for an ongoing VERY stiff neck that showed no signs of letting up, and was continuing to get worse, even after ten days. After twirling each big toe for 10-15 minutes one night, my stiff neck was 90% improved when I woke up the next morning! To this day, I twirl each big toe in the morning for about a minute as part of my energetic exercise routine.

Also, A to B Calm (Brand Name) has a product called Freeze Dried Calcium/Magnesium. It's a powder that when dissolved in water gets into your muscles in minutes. It has done wonders for me and also my sister who suffered all her life with a stiff neck from having been a breach baby. It's the only thing that has ever helped her on a consistent basis. Click on the image below to get more information:

golden

@Wayne

I can see you are passionate about helping people by sharing your good experience of this technique. :)

I am only commenting on it because I have had an experience of it too.

Perhaps other factors come into play such as low magnesium, low glutathione levels, poor detox ability , this being an area which lyme etc hangs out.

Helping a person with M.E. C.F.S. is really a brave thing to do knowing how mine and other peoples systems react...

Also I think some practitioners really believe they have helped M.E. C.F.S. because of the terrible misdiagnoses rate and overall confusion.

I think if you hand your body over to someone in this way - they are driving your car - or perhaps like a mechanic - fixing it.

The high expectations comes from the Atlas website itself... it claims to be pain free and yet I am by far not the only one who experienced a lot of pain.

Plus the testimonials. It doesn't claim anything directly I don't think.

More reasonable expectations would include a disclaimer saying we understand this does not help everybody and in these cases we offer full refund? perhaps.

The money isn't the issue for me really though.

The client CANT assume responsibility for what the mechanic does to the car. This should be squarely placed on the mechanics shoulders.

If part of it is having to have a course of Chiropractor sessions to try to fix the damage - this isn't on.

I would like to see more honest surveys done by therapists a short medium and long term result. Not just a stupid randomised survey - but ACTUAL numbers for every single client.

I once asked a Hypnotist who was advertising 'Stop Smoking in one session' with great client feedback how he measured his success.

His reply was that when the Hypnotist session has finished - the client was not feeling the need to smoke!

That was it.

The AP t was quite forceful when I was 'requested' to sign all my legal rights away and release the practitioner from any responsibility or else the treatment couldn't go ahead.
I think hospitals do this too and its also not really on.

Is the nervous system relaxation before AP adjustment part of the training course? because I did not get this and this could be grounds for a complaint. I suspect it is not and so the training centre seems to be training people wrong.

But this could also be simply to make people feel like they are getting their monies worth.

She tested the length of my legs lying down and told me one was longer than the other. This alarmed my intuition as I have seen this trick before. It was of course corrected after treatment.

Intuition.

This is a biggy subject.

Peoples intuition can be manipulated in a multitude of ways. From within and without.

Plus there is that effect where good luck turns to bad turns to good and so on...

I had high hopes and invested a lot to getting to the treatment. But maybe when I got there I would have preferred to walk right out again! maybe this was intuition- maybe not! of course this incurrs a financial penalty Where was the intuition before booking :) ?

But then I wouldn't be here, now, chatting about it.

Golden

leela

@golden, I notice several of your posts express concern about what extraplanar agendas the practitioner might have had.
My personal point of view is that one can easily give non-verbal (or verbal, even) non-consent to such things.
It's true one makes oneself vulnerable on a massage table or what have you, but ultimately the power still lies with each of us as to what we're going to take on or not.

If I read correctly all that talk about alien implants was not from the originator/educators of the AP, but from some particular individual, who may have gained traction for his theory with others who have similar dispositions.

To be honest, tv looks like an negative implant device to me :alien:!

ETA: haha we cross-posted! I wanted to add I do hope you get your money back, even if just to even back out the energetic exchange. Not to mention I so hear you on how much money we none of us have to waste down the drain again and again on things that didn't benefit.

Last edited by a moderator: