• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oral Systemic Balance - by Darden Burns

Wayne

Hi All,

I've been sitting here doing a clay foot bath for the past half hour or so, enjoying reading a blog (entitled Fibro Friends) I had not run across before. It's written by Darden Burns (online biography), who details her exhaustive search for solutions for her own CFS since 1973. Her online biography will give you an idea of her own orientation toward health recovery over the years.

I found her to be a very good writer. Not only is her writing easy to follow and understand, but she comes across as very respectful and open-minded about the uniqueness of each individual PWC's health situation. She has a number of links to some very interesting topic on her site, including one which describes a therapy which brought her significant improvement starting in 2007, a therapy called Oral Systemic Balance.

I did a quick search on the board here, and noticed this has not been discussed at any time. So thought I would start a new thread to introduce others to this therapy. I know so little about it at this time, but Darden has an e-mail link on her biography page by which she can be contacted. I'll probably contact her myself after I review her website a bit more. My initial take is that she is not only extremely knowledgeable, but quite insightful as well.

Best, Wayne

Part of Darden Burns' Online Biography

Darden became ill with a chronic undiagnosed health disorder in the fall of 1973. Her symptoms have included extreme fatigue, headaches, eyestrain, insomnia, adrenal exhaustion, food and drug sensitivities and beginning in 2001 muscle pain and dysfunction (fibromyalgia).

She has aggressively pursued numerous therapies including biofeedback, herbs & nutritional supplements, acupuncture (Classical Five Element, Japanese & Chinese styles), Feldenkrais training, cranial sacral work, rolfing, chiropractic care, NAET, neurobiofeedback, hyperbaric oxygen, jaw cavitation surgery, Wilson's Thryoid Syndrome, Relaxin hormone therapy, EECP and detoxification therapies and has worked with some of the most outstanding practitioners in the alternative health field.

She was a patient of Dr. Paul Whitcomb from April to July of 2007. She started Oral Systemic Balance treatments with Dr. Farrand Robson in September 2007 and since that time has been on a steady healing path.

Marg

I have a big jug of clay for the foot baths but have not tried it yet. What can you tell me about it? Does it really help with detoxing or is it just soothing? How much do you use, it seems like it would be thick. Interestingly my husband thought he could drill his own well and he used bags of the stuff. He did get water but it was just a trickle, he did not go far enough and started again. The last straw was losing the drill. He wanted to try again the next summer but I talked him out of it. Well, it did keep him busy all summer and attracted a LOT of attention. There were always people out there.

Interesting blog..

TIA

Wayne

Clay Foot Baths

I have a big jug of clay for the foot baths but have not tried it yet. What can you tell me about it? Does it really help with detoxing or is it just soothing? How much do you use, it seems like it would be thick. TIA

Hi Marg,

I generally use a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of dry clay powder and blend it at high speed for about 30 seconds. I then put a few inches of warm to hot water in a plastic bucket and mix the two. The final clay solution is not thick at all; has the same consistency as regular water. I generally sit with it for 30-60 minutes.

I use a NOW brand bentonite clay for both foot bath and for ingestion and topical use. I wrote about some of the details on this post. Re: clay foot baths. I feel confident they do draw toxicity out of my system, but even if I felt they didn't, I would continue to do them.

Why? Because they are soothing to do, and gently energizing as well. I usually do them late morning, and almost always, I feel the positive effects through the rest of my day. I just wish I would discipline myself to do them more often.

Best, Wayne

Marg

Clay foot baths

Why? Because they are soothing to do, and gently energizing as well. I usually do them late morning, and almost always, I feel the positive effects through the rest of my day. I just wish I would discipline myself to do them more often.

Thank you for the information. Very interesting about putting it all over the body. How long do you leave it on then? I guess it would just rinse off in ther shower.

I do have trouble with EMFs, and hope it will help that.

I have heard of detoxing with it, a friend went to Dr. Rae's place in Texas to detox and she uses the clay.

winston

Oral Systemic Balance

Hi Wayne, I think I posted to you before on Pro Health about the Atlas Profilax and how it relieved most of my pain and fatigue. The partial remission lasted about 18 months and it all came tumbling back. I also have tried over 30 different types of therapies including Dr. Whitcomb.

The last treatment I tried was Oral Systemic Balance with Dr. Robson in Tacoma, Washington. One day I was feeling like I could not do this anymore and called a lady I met in South Lake Tahoe, we arrived the same day, she was in a wheelchair and on Oxycotin we were both there for treatment with Dr. Whitcomb. I had not talked to her for 5 years when she answered the phone she was so excited to tell me about the Oral Systemic Balance she had been treated with 2 years earlier and today all her symptoms are gone. Also another lady I knew had the Oral Systemic Balance treatment with Dr. Robson 2 years ago and today is good. In fact her husband who is a dentist was so impressed with Dr. Robson that he has been taking classes with him for a couple of years.

My treatment started on September 13, 2010 and today I am feeling better especially mentally. I had extreme anxiety and depression which disappeared within weeks. Dr. Robson continued to remind me that it will take between 9 months and a year to fully recover. There are other trained dentists all over the US that have taken his courses. I had cephlametric xrays and models sent to his office for him to evaluate. I called one week before my appointment to see if he could help me, he said I needed to be there and that my body was in survivor mode. His office is quite impressive and so is he. He used heart monitor, oxygen monitor, blood pressure monitor, sympathetic & parasympathetic monitor and xrays during treamtent. All these monitors and xrays are scientific proof revealing the tongue and its relationship to your teeth and mouth and why I was so sick. I was not getting oxygen.

Keep researching this subject, you will be surprised.

Lena