• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amsterdam scientists find an enzyme (IDO2) that could be the culprit of #LongCovid: Prolonged IDO2 activity & associated cellular stress in PASC.

almost

broccoli, brussel spouts, kale
The usual suspects, and foods that neither I like nor like me, of course. Too bad it didn't tell you how much of these things are helpful. Likely substantial.

Last edited:
has anyone tried a AHR antagonist? After doing some research it seems that Sorafenib is a potent one. It is available as generic but still very expensive. I wonder if one would just need a short course to break the “cycle”.

ZeroGravitas

OK, cool. So PASC patients with higher kynurenine pathway metabolites in their blood had worst cognitive impairment? Neat.

And, sorry. I probably won't get back to adding more analysis on the above papers, etc. Bit off more than I can chew, there and getting a little overwhelmed with many avenues of personal research and health tracking, currently.😵

Although, I think that, going forwards, it might be more productive to consider how the high IDO2 -> AhR feedback loop could tie in with Phair's newer INFa-itaconate Shunt hypothesis (latest YT lecture, PR thread). Given Davis is very sure it's correct.

E.g. INFa is among the cytokines that induces increased IDO1 expression (priming the positive feedback loop). But maybe only weakly?

Mary

Moderator Resource
Here is their related paper, linked in the article, showing the positive feedback loop of IDO2 from the initiation of the kynurenine/aryl-hydrocarbon receptor/IDO-2 axis.

https://pathsocjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/path.5842

EDITED to add:
@Cort , is this worthy news to follow up on and write about for HealthRising? (At your leisure of course.)

@junkcrap50 - I'm tagging @Cort here because odds are he didn't get an alert for your tag above. We've discovered that if a tag is added to a post after it's originally submitted - when it's edited - the tag doesn't work unfortunately! So hopefully this will do the trick :nerd:

linusbert

No apparently the money was used but was pissed away by numerous scientists on uncoordinated, unfocused, already done devious hypothoses
na, i highly doubt that 500million where used for research. maybe 10 million and the rest of the money got down the drain.
its the same with co2 tax, we have this in germany. the money just vanishes. i also bet it vanishes in eastern direction.

Osaca

na, i highly doubt that 500million where used for research. maybe 10 million and the rest of the money got down the drain.
its the same with co2 tax, we have this in germany. the money just vanishes. i also bet it vanishes in eastern direction.
There's no need for conspiracy theories when we can actually see how the money was used . As @Oliver3 says the money was used on research, the research to a large extent just was uncoordinated, unfocused and unambitious.

linusbert

There's no need for conspiracy theories when we can actually see how the money was used . As @Oliver3 says the money was used on research, the research to a large extent just was uncoordinated, unfocused and unambitious.
1692350611297.png

this is your linked tweet, this is what corruption looks like, 85% of money just vanished into uselessness.
i dont understand how so much of money just vanished into nothing. they did not even try to treat people.
they could have done a simple vitamin D intervention, it costs almost nothing. there were enough indications that this would help. other countries including germany had studies in similiar regard.

if people still believe 1,2 billion and no interventions and anything comes out of this is not a showcase for corruption - then nothing will.

hapl808

if people still believe 1,2 billion and no interventions and anything comes out of this is not a showcase for corruption - then nothing will.

The difference between corruption in the third world and in the USA is that we make it look fancy and funnel it through levels of bureaucracy and administration. It's not a bribe, it's a grant to a government bureau that split the money into four academic institutions that funded six university departments and on and on. In the end, people at NYU and Duke and in the government and elsewhere are making six figure salaries with seven and eight figure budgets and doing absolutely nothing to help anyone. I doubt they even remember the goal (helping patients) and just get caught up with publishing, journals, peer adulation circle jerks, tenure, media interviews, etc.

Honestly, I hope they all get sick. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

JasonPerth

so what is an AHR antagonist , where can i order? :)

i sent them my dna data back thn, they meant my genetics is highly suspectible. so worth a try if there is anything i could take.
How can you tell if your genetics is highly suspectible? I recently recieved my Raw DNA data, however i have no idea what im looking for and what links us all with genetics to MECFS? Could you assist

Oliver3

That's what I said my man...just squandered

linusbert

How can you tell if your genetics is highly suspectible? I recently recieved my Raw DNA data, however i have no idea what im looking for and what links us all with genetics to MECFS? Could you assist
the researchers asked in this forum to send in raw genetics data for their research and they would tell how much those genetics are suspectible to this problem. i dont know what genes.
but they closed this a long time ago. dunno if they will still reply.

That's what I said my man...just squandered

yea but thats corruption for me. a problem of big government. thats why government and big corporations dont get anything done.they just sustain their corruption at some point and burn money into nothingness.
and thats what they are pushing for in the west, even bigger more corrupt bodies... they want a globalist corporate world government. that will be the end of any progress.
in germany they cannot build airports and trainstations anymore. its insane.

i am a strong supporter of anarchy. small local communities which govern themselves using the money effectively. you can still make alliances and have a shared army or meet to talk about common projects like building a highway to connect communities or standardising electronics or common science projects.
when partaking bodies are not corrupt you will find solutions to those problems fast. its always lobbyism and corruption which prevents this.

Anarchy refers to a political and social philosophy or state characterized by the absence of a centralized government or authority, where individuals and communities organize and govern themselves without a formal hierarchical structure. In an anarchic society, there is no single governing body that enforces laws or regulations. Instead, decision-making, cooperation, and conflict resolution are often based on voluntary cooperation, consensus, and local agreements.

It's important to note that anarchy doesn't necessarily mean chaos or lawlessness, as it is often portrayed in popular media. Many proponents of anarchism advocate for alternative methods of social organization, such as decentralized decision-making, direct democracy, and voluntary associations, as a way to achieve a more equitable and just society.

Anarchy comes in various forms and ideologies, including anarcho-communism, anarcho-syndicalism, mutualism, and more. Each of these ideologies presents different perspectives on how society could function without a centralized government while ensuring cooperation, collective ownership of resources, and individual freedom. It's a complex and diverse field of thought with a range of interpretations and goals.

Last edited:

SlamDancin

The difference between corruption in the third world and in the USA is that we make it look fancy and funnel it through levels of bureaucracy and administration. It's not a bribe, it's a grant to a government bureau that split the money into four academic institutions that funded six university departments and on and on. In the end, people at NYU and Duke and in the government and elsewhere are making six figure salaries with seven and eight figure budgets and doing absolutely nothing to help anyone. I doubt they even remember the goal (helping patients) and just get caught up with publishing, journals, peer adulation circle jerks, tenure, media interviews, etc.

Honestly, I hope they all get sick. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.
Damn, this really is how it is, and I would add all the physicians doing nothing to help anyone either

Oliver3

The usual suspects, and foods that neither I like nor like me, of course. Too bad it didn't tell you how much of these things are helpful. Likely substantial.
Have you tried broccoli sprout extract in capsule form. It's stronger but less of a digestive hassle. May be worth a try?