• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

air hunger/shortness of breath

I am going through old emails and came across this thread on air hunger. I would love updates on how your air hunger is doing. Have you discovered the cause or what helps? I know that my air hunger involves high cortisol and low adrenaline/epinephrine levels. I can explain how I know this if anyone is interested. I look forward to hearing from all that posted on this thread.

Rufous McKinney

I can explain how I know this if anyone is interested. I look forward to hearing from all that posted on this thread.

I'd be interested in hearing more about how you figured that out.

Its definitely a concerning symptom that intensifies when I get ill or extra run down. Yet my blood shows high levels of oxygen.

Rufous McKinney

I am going through old emails and came across this thread on air hunger. I would love updates on how your air hunger is doing.

Looking at earlier posts...and of course we all differ- but I don't think the air hunger symptom is about a lack of oxygen per se. If its just breathing shallow (which I know I do)...well I always have high oxygen blood readings.