• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify tolerance

gm286

buy-pharma.md do not ship to France. Goldpharma.cn apparently require a prescription. I'll just have to wait this out and ask my doctor. If anyone knows of a way to ship to France online without a prescription, keep me in the know. Thanks.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

buy-pharma.md do not ship to France. Goldpharma.cn apparently require a prescription. I'll just have to wait this out and ask my doctor. If anyone knows of a way to ship to France online without a prescription, keep me in the know. Thanks.
I think it's not possible in the whole EU anymore

nsdn

@Hip or others.

I take Abilify 0.5 mg in the morning. I got a prescription for liquid Amisulpride in Spain.

What time should I take Amisulpride?

Should I go slowly or start with 12.5 mg all at once?

Thanks.

leokitten

Second.. why do you want to combine it?

I do not think it makes sense to combine them, you aren’t going to get additive effects, amisulpride has specifically a very different serotonin receptor binding profile compared to aripiprazole so you could be canceling things out and I also doubt effects dopamine are going to be additive. I would take either or, not both.

Last edited:

nsdn

Thank you all for your contributions. Abilify 0.5 mg. every morning has improved me a lot since June but I'm afraid it will stop working. Would it make sense to alternate Abilify and Amisulpride? Maybe one every week? Best regards.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Thank you all for your contributions. Abilify 0.5 mg. every morning has improved me a lot since June but I'm afraid it will stop working. Would it make sense to alternate Abilify and Amisulpride? Maybe one every week? Best regards.
That's an interesting idea but I fear due to it's long half-life and diametral effects on receptors it will not only interact but also not be of any benefit.

nsdn

Now I think that due to the long life of Abilify it might be better to try alternating every 2 weeks.

Thank you very much, but the problem is not so much to fall aspleep, it‘s more about sleeping long enough. Most of the time he sleeps early but just a few hours and then he can‘t find sleep again. So we are looking for something that could help longterm. Thats why real sleep meds are not an option.

I'll mention mirtazapine, since nobody else has. It's an antidepressant, but for whatever it's worth, I started it on top of another antidepressant (venlafaxine) at high dose (30mg) and don't notice any additional antidepressant effects from it. But as a sleep inducer, it is powerful. Problem though is the long half-life - you're grogged out all day. To counter that I take a modest dose (600mg) of adrafinil - doesn't help my fatigue but does counter the mirtazapine nicely :thumbsup:

It doesn’t take a big mental leap from this to postulate that even if you aren’t crashing on Abilify you could still be chronically overexerting and not realize it, all the while it having a big negative effect on the disease process until suddenly the drug doesn’t work anymore.

The Stanford study used doses up to 2mg if I recall correctly. I understand the idea is to leverage some dose-dependent features of Abilify, but I think it would be worth exploring more traditional Abilify doses for anyone who previously responded to low doses. A proper trial of Abilify up to a more standard dose (preferably under the supervision of a doctor) might be worthwhile.

Hmm. Not sure if there's any value in recounting my personal experience but here goes:
- Psychosis (dopamine...) and/or head injury as trigger for ME/CFS (best guess)
- Started abilify 15mg
- First year few/no symptoms (abilify working?)
- Early part of second year hypersomnia; unrefreshing sleep; constant fatigue but able to go for long-ish walks and work out moderately without noticeably inducing PEM
- Later part of second year abrupt switch to insomnia; easily-induceable PEM; become housebound

Maybe nothing there, idk. Take fwiw.