• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

jaybee00

I’m hearing Stanford recommends super low doses like 0.25 mg three times per week (maybe someone mentioned this earlier in this thread).

hmnr asg

I’m hearing Stanford recommends super low doses like 0.25 mg three times per week (maybe someone mentioned this earlier in this thread).

how do you even measure that much ?
I have an appointment in three months so i will get back to everyone about this. In the meantime, if anyone else is in touch with their clinic, can you confirm that this is the case? this sounds hard to believe!

jaybee00

I think the purpose of every other day dosing is to allow the receptors to reset—I don’t know this might be BS.

Maybe a Bonilla patient could send an email to him to confirm the dosing.

hmnr asg

I think the purpose of every other day dosing is to allow the receptors to reset—I don’t know this might be BS.

The half life of abilify is 75 hours, so even if you take it every other day you will reach a constant plasma level. I think ? @leokitten can you confirm ?

leokitten

Last edited:

leokitten

No this won’t be the case. For most drugs and constant dosing regimens you will reach a steady state plasma (and brain) concentration after 4-5 half lives. The difference for example between 0.25 mg/day and 0.25 mg/every other day will results in a somewhat lower steady stare concentration in your body between the two.