• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 Day NAD+ Infusions (Severe ME/CFS Recovery, Neurological / Mitochondrial / Genetic Repair) + POLL

What is your experience with NAD+ ?

• I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and benefitted (7+ infusions)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and did not benfit (7+ infusions)

• I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and benefitted

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and did not benefit

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I tried and benefited from nasal NAD+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from nasal NAD+

• I tried and benefited from oral NAD+

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I tried but did not benefit from oral NAD+

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I tried and benefited from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

• I have not tried NAD+ but have benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • I have not tried NAD+ and have not benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I have never tried any form of NAD+ or NAD+ precursor

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters

frozenborderline

Obviously methylation is more than just B12. I also take TMG, B2, B6, folate, magnesium and potassium. Each one of us may need a different combo of these and different doses, so it's wise to be tested. I only meantthat if you are on a steady methylation protocol that you might need to increase B12 a bit due to the effect of niacin products.

Your symptoms track with my experience. Too fast or by itself is very intense. I have the Myers cocktail in the same IV bag.

The NAD component of my IV is about $60. It is definitely cheaper to do sublingually, but the effect is less with sublingual.

Glutathione can help mobilize toxins, like mycotoxins and heavy metals. It can broken down into its constituents, including glutamine, which may affect mood.

With IVs, I only get glutathione after a bag with methylating nutrients and B1. I also get it with molybdenum. B1 and molybdenum are used in the transsulfuration pathway, the final step of detoxing before the toxins leave your body. If you don't have enough of either, the toxins will get reabsorbed, giving you symptoms.

It would be worth investigating why glutathione gives you negative symptoms. It's our body's strongest antioxidant and the symptoms are telling you something.

Have you done a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval, been tested for mycotoxins, and done a Doctors Data provoked urine Heavy Metals test?
How can one find a doctor that’s used NAD+

Lieselotte

@debored13 I don't know any that use it. I live in Southern California and there are a few 'IV clinics' that do the treatments - they do hangover drips and vitamin drips and the like too. That's where I tried it. But as far as I know, no doctors do it. Why would they? They don't care.
There are drug treatment centers that use it, so you could ask around with some of them. I think there might be some biohacker or performance based clinicians that might have it, but haven't seen/had the energy to look for any yet.

Learner1

How can one find a doctor that’s used NAD+
My naturopathic doctor suggested it. He also said AMP might me helpful, as he's seen it used in Canada with good success, however it's not legal in the US.

NAD+ is not in wide use except for addiction clinics who make a lot of money off it.

When I switched to a new doctor, I did all the research and sourcing and shared it with the new doctor. The key is having an open-minded doctor who is functional.medicine-oriented or is knowledgeable about mitochondria and metabolism.

But you can buy the oral stuff now. An update on that:
  • Both NMN and NAD+ are working well for me, at 125mg a day
  • The LIAS and Alive by Nature products work equally well
  • Nadovim does not work at all
  • Nicotinamide riboside doesn't work for me due to having SNPs that make me unable to use it.

Last edited:

frozenborderline

My naturopathic doctor suggested it. He also said AMP might me helpful, as he's seen it used in Canada with good success, however it's not legal in the US.

NAD+ is not in wide use except for addiction clinics who make a lot of money off it.

When I switched to a new doctor, I did all the research and sourcing and shared it with tge new doctor. The jey is having an open-minded doctor who is functional.medicine-oriented or is knowledgeable about mitichindria and metabolism.

But you can buy the oral stuff now. An update on that:
  • Both NMN and NAD+ are working well for me, at 125mg a day
  • The LIAS and Alive by Nature products work equally well
  • Nadovim does not work at all
  • Nicotinamide riboside doesn't work for me due to having SNPs that make me unable to use it.
Is the latter the stuff in niagen? That didn’t work at all for me. I’ll check out those other products. I have a good compounding pharmacy so if I do find a functional medicine doctor willing to try it I will probably end up asking them to prescribe a sublingual form to try.

frozenborderline

I think that one of my new integrative docs I’m getting soon will be happy to prescribe this IV. Do you know where your doctor sources it? It seems uncommonly used so I doubt standard medical supply stores that carry saline etc have it. Does it get compounded for use in your IV

junkcrap50

I think that one of my new integrative docs I’m getting soon will be happy to prescribe this IV. Do you know where your doctor sources it? It seems uncommonly used so I doubt standard medical supply stores that carry saline etc have it. Does it get compounded for use in your IV
EDIT: Removed pharmacy names to avoid them from becoming targets of FDA. Also, my info may no longer have been accurate. PM me if you'd like.

Last edited:

Lieselotte

@Learner1 , your NAD IVs are mixed with Myer's IV solution, right?
Someone was telling me not to mix NAD with anything...but seems like it works ok for you?
Do you think one could mix NAD into a high dose vitamin C IV (25g)?

Learner1

@Learner1 , your NAD IVs are mixed with Myer's IV solution, right?
Someone was telling me not to mix NAD with anything...but seems like it works ok for you?
The doctor who I began NAD+ is an expert and teaches IV therapy to other doctors put it my IV with B vitamins, vitamin C, minerals, and amino acids, including carnitine.

When I switched to the new doctor, the pharmacy insisted he separate it for me. I think this is more of a vestige of it's use in addiction medicine in large doses all alone.

My experoence has been if it's alone, the immediate side effects are harsher. When hiven with the other nutrients. I still have to have it a little slower than normal to make it tolerable, but the side effects are more diluted.
Do you think one could mix NAD into a high dose vitamin C IV (25g)?
That's a very interesting question. I get 7.5 g in the mixed bag. Afterwards, I get glutathione and molybdenum. (All the Bs and magnesium get methylation going and then the glutathione and molybdenum help whatever toxins have been mobilized heading down the transsulfuration pathway to be excreted.)

I don't know what combining high dose vitamin C with it would do.

One caution is that high dose vitamin C is going to ramp up superoxide production, which can be useful if you are trying to kill cancer or some infectious agent. If you do it, you'll want to have adequate Mn-SOD and BH4, around so as not to create too many peroxynitrites, which can, in turn, damage mitochondrial membranes.

Not saying don't do it, but rather, whoever is setting up your IVs needs to be thinking on multiple levels to get you to your goals, staying out of trouble. Balance is the key.

Hip

FYI, I found a seller for NAD: https://ivnads.com/

Would you know how the doses of NAD+ provided by ivnads.com compares to the doses given in these expensive clinics? The NAD Treatment Center for example charges $13,500 for 10 days of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) infusions.

Whereas ivnads.com charges $425 for 10 days worth of NAD+ vials (at 500 mg of NAD+ per vial). So about 32 times cheaper than the clinic. But do these vials give you a similar dose of NAD+ compared to the clinics?

Last edited:

junkcrap50

Whereas ivnads.com charges $425 for 10 days worth of NAD+ vials. So about 32 times cheaper than the clinic. But do these vials give you a similar dose of NAD+ compared to the clinics?
I believe so. The clinics give (from what I remember) 1,000mg per infusion and sometimes 1,500mg for a 1-2 days at the beginning. I believe I've uploaded some protocols that the clinics use. The clinics however adds all kinds of other supplments and vitamins to an IV before/after NAD+ IV. Not entirely sure what's in the nutritional support IV, but I think it's mitochondrial support, neurotransmitter support, and glutathione.

Learner1

I would be very careful about very high doses for 4 reasons:
  1. These doses are aimed at making addicts feel good enough to overcome the withdrawal symptoms frim whatever they are addicted to.
  2. Putting a huge amount of fuel into a "broken" system may not be wise.
  3. NAD is still a form of niacin, and can reverse methylation.
  4. Too much NAD+ could promote cancer.

frozenborderline

One woman in a mold group said doing a Nurse nAD+ iv made her bedridden. I’m very fascinated by NAD+ but I wonder if one is under oxidative stress from environmental toxicity, if more fuel is bad. Curious about NAD+ after getting out of mold. Don’t think any of my doctors will be willing to do the NAD+ ivs from archway apothecary so I’m wondering if the alivebynarure sublingual stuff will be anywhere near the doses one needs to get any effect.

Learner1

Though I continue to get 200mg NAD+ by IV, along with other "mito cocktail" nutrients every 7-10 days, I have been doing well using 125mg of either the sublingual NMN or NAD+ from AlivebyNature.

Note that I do take a full methylation protocol, with 5-MTHF, MB12, TMG, P5P, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, molybdenum, and benfotiamine, daily with it, as well as phospholipids to repair membrane damage from peroxynitrites.

As for the Archway NAD+, it gives me worse symptoms (nausea, intestinal discomfort) than comparable products from competitors, while the sublinguals are more subtle and have no side effects.