• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Emily Taylor

Rep. Raskin introduces ME/CFS legislation sponsored by Solve M.E.

If folks still have questions about HR 7057 - I'm hosting a townhall and created a Q&A Solve M.E. Advocacy Director Emily Taylor Answers All Your Questions About H.R. 7057 in this Q&A and Town Hall! Hi Solve M.E. Community! In case we haven’t met before, my name is Emily Taylor, and I’m the...
  2. Emily Taylor

Announcing Congressional Women’s Caucus Briefing about ME/CFS

Solve M.E. Co-Sponsors Bipartisan Women’s Caucus Briefing with Two-time Emmy-nominated TV Host, Jedediah Bila Solve M.E. is proud to announce our collaboration with the Bipartisan Women’s Caucus, Miles for Migraines, and the Headache and Migraine Policy Forum in hosting a virtual Congressional...
  3. Emily Taylor

You + M.E. (International ME/CFS Registry) Website Live!

you can also email the registry team directly at: registry@solvecfs.org
  4. Emily Taylor

Tell Your Representative "SUPPORT INCREASED FUNDING FOR POST-VIRAL-DISEASE RESEARCH INTO ME/CFS!" Thanks to your hard work during ME/CFS Advocacy Week, Representative Jaime Raskin (MD-08) introduced H.R. 7057, The Understanding COVID-19 Subsets and ME/CFS Act. Ask your Representative to...
  5. Emily Taylor

Rep. Raskin (MD-08) Introduces First Ever Legislation for ME/CFS Research Funding! Solve M.E. is proud to endorse H.R. 7057, The Understanding COVID-19 Subsets and ME/CFS Act, to authorize a $60m program expansion for ME/CFS research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and expand public...
  6. Emily Taylor

Senate Action! Deadline Monday May 25

Congrats team! Great success - bi-partisan support from 12 members of congress! https://www.markey.senate.gov/news/...unding-in-upcoming-coronavirus-relief-package
  7. Emily Taylor

For folks who are able/interested in taking additional action, here's a sample email you can send to Senate offices and staff. If you'd like to get the contact information of your Senator's DC health staffer, email me at ETaylor@solvecfs.org - Let me know what State you live in and I will send...
  8. Emily Taylor

Solve M.E. Announces Oved Amitay as President and CEO

Solve M.E. Announces Oved Amitay as President and Chief Executive Officer Dear Emily, With your support, Solve M.E. has taken our community to battle against ME/CFS. Your impassioned Calls-to-Action, your eagerness to engage with research and your participation in the You + M.E. Registry will...
  9. Emily Taylor

Tell Your Senator to SUPPORT INCREASED FUNDING FOR POST-VIRAL-DISEASE RESEARCH INTO ME/CFS! Thanks to your hard work during ME/CFS Advocacy Week, the U.S. Senate is currently circulating our request to include ME/CFS research funding in the next COVID-19 package. Ask your Senator to sign-on to...
  10. Emily Taylor

US HOUSE action and COVID Leg package update

Happy International ME/CFS Awareness week! Thank you again for being part of the largest ME/CFS Advocacy Day ever just three short weeks ago. Thanks to your voice, your advocacy, and your hard work, we’ve made big steps towards our goal of increasing federal funding for ME/CFS research. I wanted...
  11. Emily Taylor

Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Day 2020 Report

251 Meetings - That’s 47% of Congress! Thanks to the hard work of our advocacy community, Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Day was a wild success! Across the country you called for ME/CFS research funding, supporting a fast-moving $60m request! 358 registered advocates took part in 251 meetings...
  12. Emily Taylor

Today is ME/CFS Advocacy Day!

Today is ME/CFS Advocacy Day! Not participating in meetings? If you have a few minutes throughout the day, you can still support and advocate for ME/CFS. All three actions should take less than 30 minutes. You can space out the actions throughout the day to help manage your energy. You can still...
  13. Emily Taylor

Next Week: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS

Yup! It was posted this evening on the Solve ME Youtube Channel: (which, would be super great if you subscribed to :thumbsup: !)
  14. Emily Taylor

Next Week: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS

2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS We're less than a week away from the 2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS. Since we could not be there in person, we will bring...
  15. Emily Taylor

Link for Solve M.E. Remote Advocacy Day Registration

Sign up TODAY for ME/CFS Congressional Meetings from Home We are pleased to announce that Advocacy Day congressional meetings will STILL take place on Tuesday, April 21 by remote online and phone systems. Who can participate? US Citizens and residents What will we do? Phone meetings with...
  16. Emily Taylor

COVID-19 Update: Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Week goes ONLINE!

Registration live at: https://lobbydayregistration.wufoo.com/forms/mecfs-remote-advocacy-day-2020-registration/
  17. Emily Taylor

URGENT ACTION - Labor-HHS requests deadline TOMORROW 12pm ET

Hello US Advocates! If you are able, please email or call your representatives this evening or tomorrow morning to make sure they are aware of this request. You can find your Representative's contact info at: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative Below is a sample...
  18. Emily Taylor

COVID-19 Update: Solve ME/CFS Advocacy Week goes ONLINE!

Solve M.E. Announces 2020 ME/CFS Advocacy Week Virtual Transition in Response to COVID-19 Solve M.E. Advocacy Week activities this April in Washington, D.C., will be transitioning to entirely remote formats and our team will be cancelling in-person events to protect and preserve the health of...
  19. Emily Taylor

USA: ME/CFS Action for Florida - Feb 12th Deadline!

Apologies for the mixup with the date. Deadline is COB Wednesday February 12
  20. Emily Taylor

USA: ME/CFS Action for Florida - Feb 12th Deadline!

Urgent Florida ME/CFS Action Alert! Forgive me for emailing at such a late hour, but time is short on this FLORIDA EXCLUSIVE advocacy action. The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (Solve M.E.) is teaming up with local advocates and people with ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)...
  21. Emily Taylor

Final US Federal Budget Report FY20: Victory! 6 Major Federal Wins for ME/CFS

:snigger: I also have family in Texas! They moved not long ago, but we had wonderful visits when I was a kid. Also, family in Arkansas. They trained me well :thumbsup:
  22. Emily Taylor

Glad I could share a laugh with ya'll about it! Your kind words mean so much! <3 <3 <3
  23. Emily Taylor

That's a great question, Mary! I've been on the phone to folks in DC for the past two weeks trying to get a straight answer. Still haven't gotten one! Generally, budget language is calendar days - meaning that HHS has until Friday, March 20, 2020. However, some folks are telling me that this...
  24. Emily Taylor

Dear Friends, Throughout 2019, I reported on our advocacy gains for ME/CFS. Thank you for standing with me and our advocacy partners during a particularly turbulent year while we fought for ME/CFS in Washington D.C. Today, with this final FY20 budget update, I’m so happy to report that our...
  25. Emily Taylor

1,500 gift challenge!

We did! Thank you, Cinders66! We are working on budget restructuring this month to maximize programs and reduce overhead. The science and research team has had some amazing projects waiting for funding. As for the advocacy program, I am hoping that we can offer more travel awards and...
  26. Emily Taylor

Thanks, ScottTriGuy! Here's a follow-up announcement from the research team: You might have heard by now that we’re readying the You + M.E. Registry for launch. Right now, a small group of users are gearing up to test the Registry platform and mobile app. So, what is a Registry anyway and...
  27. Emily Taylor

Registries are foundational in understanding, treating, and curing diseases. This approach is desperately needed in ME/CFS. That’s why we’re proud to have created one for ME/CFS that will be accessible to all. With the generous help of our partners and the community, we have built a data...
  28. Emily Taylor

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW NEEDED NEUROIMAGING PROJECTS

Hey Percyval577 - thanks for sharing! I'll be honest, I had to google "basal ganglia" - I think your theory is beyond my limited scientific knowledge! But, I have shared it with our research team - I'll report back with their response.
  29. Emily Taylor

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW NEEDED NEUROIMAGING PROJECTS

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW NEEDED NEUROIMAGING PROJECTS DECEMBER 9, 2019 / KARMAN KREGLOE / UNCATEGORIZED https://solvecfs.org/postdoctoral-fellow-wanted-for-dr-jarred-younger-neuroimaging-projects/ Human Neuroimaging Postdoctoral Fellow Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue Laboratory University of...
  30. Emily Taylor

1,500 gift challenge!

That's a great idea! I will forward this to the Development team