• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some of this sounds so much like some of ME/CFS

Some of this sounds so much like some of ME/CFS.
When you have both, how do you discern which effect is from which cause?
🤔
Or does it even matter which one caused which thing?
🤔

Why High Masking Autistics Experience Burnout​

Jul 19, 2024 #autistic #autism #autisticburnout
What is autistic burnout, and why does it need to be understood better by everyone? Will all autistics experience it? Today I'm here to tell you more about autistic burnout and its impacts on mental health. I'll also include some ideas to help you before and during burnout to help support your needs based on research and my own experiences. Please remember: Autism looks a bit different for every autistic person since we're all unique, so the experiences and ideas of what works during burnout may vary greatly based on the individual. If you've experienced autistic burnout, what helped you? Drop your thoughts and questions in the comments! ⤵️
If you have an autistic friend, family member, or loved one, are autistic and struggle with how to support your own needs, or are simply interested in learning more, this video has something for you. I'll provide the unique perspective of someone who is an autistic ADHDer and also an educator. We want to help people better understand autism and ADHD and support one another as well with the goal of improving communication and life in general for all of us in a neurodiverse world.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
southwestforests
Read time
1 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from southwestforests

Back