• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Melancholy

I slept ok last night but had horrible night terrors in the early morning with that weird, ultra deep sleep thing but to a slightly lesser degree the beets induced yesterday. So I obviously was feeling some bounce back from that but the big issue is I have no idea what it was about them that did it. The rest of the day I felt rather melancholic with a side of cold. I've also been scrambling with phone calls and emails trying to get the things I need for my renewal of food benefits but I'm not sure if I'm going to get them back. This job should be stable for quite a while though so I don't expect anything to go wrong, it's certainly gotten eaiser for me as I've become more automated at doing it. Come to find out the iodine supplement I ordered also has not just the form I mentioned in it that won't saturate the thyroid but iodine itself and now I don't think I really want to touch it. I may try upping my D3 to 5000 iu and seeing what happens as I don't know what else to do right now. I could see what happens when I go without K2 for a while but I don't think that's a good idea. There was a point where my dose was 5000 iu every other day and I'm not sure if that would be better for me than 2500 iu daily, it's just something I'd need to check. I also pulled the trigger on a Kobo ereader hoping that I can handle using it. I don't need to use the LED backlight and the e-ink display when I used it at the store didn't seem to bother anything itself. I just hope the rest of the radiation output from the electronics in it itself is tolerable. All in all the waiting game continues and tomorrow I'll see how I handle the Kobo, if not I may have to give up on reading as I have no non-expensive options since I can't go to the library because of my mold sensitivity. I also hope I'll feel ok by Monday as I have that Creed concert that got delayed till then, I am enjoying music right now so it should be fine and the trace amount of second hand weed being smoked in copious amounts there tends to make me feel a bit more "me" as long as I don't get exposed to more than that and then I feel insane and things go backwards. On that note I do want to try kava again and I could just go down to target and pick up the Yogi tea and see what it does to me at a baseline in this state but that stuff also contains other herbs in it which make it a bit more risky to try. All in all I'm still in a very transitional period right now and I don't have much else to do but keep powering through it.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Dysfunkion
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Dysfunkion

• Well that was a disaster
    Yesterday being at work and the long trip home was bad enough where I...
  • Running on full
    Today I was extremely tired largely because of my job and also half...
  • How Fishy
    Over the past few days I found that for some reason tuna makes me feel...
  • Shoulder Shrug
    This morning I took my 1000 iu vegan D3 in the mct oil and I was able...
  • Perplexed
    (trigger warning contains sexual topics) It's been a rough week and...
Back