• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV & Osteoporosis & bone marrow & white cells

Forebearance

In case it might be relevant, I have to take massive amounts of calcium or my teeth would decay like crazy and I wouldn't be able to sleep.
Lots of other CFS patients have written about having dental problems. Hmmm.
So far I don't have osteoporosis, but it could be because of the huge amount of calcium I take. (around 2300 mg a day)

Countrygirl

Dr judy wants bone marrow

Hi Folks:
I have bone & marrow biopsy tissue available in the deep freeze but can't, so far, find an XMRV researcher interested in looking at them. ~FernRhizome

Fern,

Dr Judy has said in an e-mail to us at xmrvweb.me.uk that she would like to test bone marrow. If you have an odd sample lying in your freezer, why don't you e-mail her with your offering.? She has found that a marrow sample tested positive. She is (if she is a good swimmer because all our planes are grounded) supposed to be coming over to Scotland in the next day or so, but will still be picking up e-mails.

Warmest regards,

C.G.