• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Women and Covid vaccine

YippeeKi YOW !!

Endometriosis is one of the things that Drs absolutely DO understand, and can even treat to a certain extent, probably because it's a fairly common disorder, the symptoms are about the same or very similar in everyone so no uncomfortable challenges to their medical training, and it responds in most cases, tho not all, to hormone treatment (including withholding hormones), surgery, and pain medication.

Unfortunately, the surgical options are extreme and carry a wide array of other problems which can be even worse .... personally, I find living with the intermittent pain a better option, probably because it is intermittent, lucky me.

What they dont quite understand is what triggers the overgrowth of the endometrium, beyond blaming hormonal activity and genetics, which would probably be a good thing to know (sarcasm emoji).

I know most of us would give several toes and an arm if ME were even that well comprehended .... which isnt saying much.

'Women's issues' get scant attention in this best of all possible worlds, but they still get more than ME/CFS ....