• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what’s the rundown on high dose thiamine?

I took 1mg for several months but don't any longer.
Did you find Molybdenum glycinate helpful for FAD synthesis and raising molybdenum levels in the body? I read that Gregg the b12oils guy prefers Sodium Molybdate. Would you say that's maybe a gimmick to sell said product, not saying it doesn't work but maybe people just need more Molybdenum glycinate in higher doses to have any effect. I tried Ammonium Molybdate from 100-300 mcg doses per day, not sure if it did anything. I take benfotiamine, i had initially amazing results on allithiamine but now i get neuropathy like you did. Maybe the allithiamine burns through b12 too fast or b6 or my body just isn't up for the task in the glutathione/ Sam-E synthesis and recycling department.

I've also been contemplating why i don't get reactions to non glycinated supplements but i do if other forms, like zinc sulfate or zinc monomethionine. Would that indicate a problem with absorbing glycine and utilizing it perhaps? I believe activated b6 has something to do with glycine metabolism, other than preventing it from converting to oxalates i think.

Still learning stuff day by day, waiting to do some testing later this month. Thanks

Learner1

Are you still taking high dose thiamine?
No, I've cut back a lot on what I was taking after taking high doses of a lot of stuff for about 6 years. I am mostly back to a normal life and tired of taking over 100 pills a day, so I take Thorne Advanced Nutrients which has thiamine as well a few other things and listen to my symptoms.
Did you find Molybdenum glycinate helpful for FAD synthesis and raising molybdenum levels in the body?
It helped raise molybdenum levels and is essential for different reactions - this describes some of them:

https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/27/15/4934
I take benfotiamine, i had initially amazing results on allithiamine but now i get neuropathy like you did. Maybe the allithiamine burns through b12 too fast or b6 or my body just isn't up for the task in the glutathione/ Sam-E synthesis and recycling department
Adequate glutathione is needed if you're going to take allithiamine. If you tend toward glutathione deficiency, allithiamine would be a bad idea. Benfotiamine works just fine.
I've also been contemplating why i don't get reactions to non glycinated supplements but i do if other forms, like zinc sulfate or zinc monomethionine. Would that indicate a problem with absorbing glycine and utilizing it perhaps?
I'm not sure having a reaction to a supplement is a good idea. If you are, you were probably very deficient in something. Glycine is an essential substance. Glutathione breaks down into cysteine, glutamine, and glycine and reforms from them. Maybe you're short of glycine? A lot of us are.

No, I've cut back a lot on what I was taking after taking high doses of a lot of stuff for about 6 years. I am mostly back to a normal life and tired of taking over 100 pills a day, so I take Thorne Advanced Nutrients which has thiamine as well a few other things and listen to my symptoms.

It helped raise molybdenum levels and is essential for different reactions - this describes some of them:

https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/27/15/4934

Adequate glutathione is needed if you're going to take allithiamine. If you tend toward glutathione deficiency, allithiamine would be a bad idea. Benfotiamine works just fine.

I'm not sure having a reaction to a supplement is a good idea. If you are, you were probably very deficient in something. Glycine is an essential substance. Glutathione breaks down into cysteine, glutamine, and glycine and reforms from them. Maybe you're short of glycine? A lot of us are.
I made a typo, i meant to say that i don't get any positive results from glycinated supplements. For example if i take zinc methionine, i'll see a difference in stool and dream recall but if i take zinc glycinate, i don't get any results positive or negative.

Not seeing any benefits from benfotiamine, so im suspecting i might have issues with FAD synthesis. Lugols iodine makes my thyroid throat, despite taking selenium, etc. Pretty much tried several forms of the cofactors for FAD. Sodium selenite, selenomethionine, ammonia molybdate, sodium molybdate, molybdenum glycinate, potassium iodide, lugols iodine, and nascent iodine. My organic acid test was showing slight riboflavin deficiency from over a year ago since i did the test. Trying to figure out this whole puzzle.

Waiting to do a NutrEval that my naturopath ordered once the kit arrives in the mail. I might need to do a HTMA also for minerals, or maybe i should just do a SpectraCell instead of NutrEval.