• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What smartwatches/HR monitors do you use to pace?

What HR Monitors/Smartwatches Do You Use to Pace?

• Total voters

RyeRyeBread

I'm looking into smartwatches and heartrate trackers for HR pacing as my Samsung watch stopped working... Which ones do/have ya'll used, and are they any good?

Please share any recommendations, opinions, info you have to offer in the comments 🙂

RyeRyeBread

My old watch was a Samsung Active 2, and it was decent at tracking my HR, from my perspective.

It tracked my HR going from 130-170-200BPM when I was unmedicated for my POTS, and was what alerted me to my heartrate issuesin the first place.

It's considered old now, but I'd still recommend it for general pacing, as it seemed accurate and picked up on my rising HR around the same time I started feeling the ill-effects of it rising. 😊

Hufsamor

I have a garmin vivoactive 4. I bought it used.
The beauty about garmin is the “body battery” that is easy to understand.
It shows if you are using energy or “charging “
Like this:
IMG_2872.png

Blue mean charging, the higher the orange the more stress.
I find it very useful.

But if I should by a new watch now, I would definitely by a garmin forerunner 255 (the cheapest watch with HRV)
I use an app to measure HRV in the morning, but I would definitely prefer to have it on my watch.

If you are on Facebook, I have a Facebook group for me people and smartwatches?

RyeRyeBread

I have a garmin vivoactive 4. I bought it used.
The beauty about garmin is the “body battery” that is easy to understand.
It shows if you are using energy or “charging “
Like this:
View attachment 51493
Blue mean charging, the higher the orange the more stress.
I find it very useful.

But if I should by a new watch now, I would definitely by a garmin forerunner 255 (the cheapest watch with HRV)
I use an app to measure HRV in the morning, but I would definitely prefer to have it on my watch.

If you are on Facebook, I have a Facebook group for me people and smartwatches?
I am on Facebook, and am definitely interested in checking out that group! 😮 what's it called?