• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what are the options to enhance effect of benzo?

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
@Pearshaped
GABA is of course a target for the benzo, so I don´t know if it wise to take it.
probabaly not, in accordance with @geraldt52 and @YippeeKi YOW !!

It might be worth to keep GABA or this mixture fresh for later.

Since it's become much worse,im still happy for every suggestion.
I deteriorated suddenly from a high manganese diet. I don´t now if factors can be found. It seems if not already appears now, after four years low manganese diet, that in my illness the relationship Mn/Zn is clue.

When I deteriorated I couldn´t sleep at all for three months, lying in the bed, having alone the explosion in my head with me, and starring into the dark with eyes closed or open. It may have been good luck that I only later sometimes couldn´t breath well, when I already was able to sleep again with this or that trick.

many regards to Switzerland (Swietzerdüütsch verstaa ik viellicht nich.)

Avena

Some use benzo (to be able to fall asleep) in combination with old types of allergy medicine like Alimemazine or Difenhydramine that can deepen/prolong the sleep.

(Unfortunately, these allergy medicines have recently been proven to block acetylcholine, but so does many benzo’s.)

Last edited:

Pearshaped

This thread is about enhancing benzos or alternatives / possibilities in case one is already dependent.
Bear in mind that some of us(including myself)have been helped tremendously by a benzo.
That doesn't mean its not a serious drug,it means that in some cases this is the lesser of two evils.

Benzos are made for Patients who are already ill and can't sleep at all.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
@Pearshaped my grandmother language, ever its funny to listen to people from Switzerland, some same vocals, but hard to understand. Hüüt spreekt de Lüüd keen Nedderdüütsch meer. (North of Germany).

2Cor.12:19

While beta blockers slow heart rate they are not supposed to taking too late in the day because they can cause insomnia. At least that's what I read about propranolol from Dr. Bateman
Hi @panckage - I've taken my Toprol at bedtime for 20 years. It helps with sleep and prevents nocturnal panic attacks. I'm currently in the process of tapering off Xanax after 20 years, and think the Toprol has helped me to be able to sleep so far.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I hate to say it, but the grounding wrist strap is not as effective as it was for about 3 or 4 weeks
@Pearshaped - I'm reversing myself again! The wrist strap definitely is helping. I don't know what happened for those several days or week, but the wrist strap is working again! Maybe something else was at play. One other thing I'm doing now is placing my wrist with the strap on my tummy (sleeping on my back with head and shoulders elevated) and it seems to be more effective this way. I found years ago that placing my hands on my stomach and just leaving them there for 30 - 45 minutes was very calming.

Pearshaped

@Mary I'm happy to hear its working again for you :)
I haven't tried it so far,
Have bought loads of other stuff,nothing so far.

BTW @Mary : iherb sells still those Seriphos with posphatidyl serine instead of phosphorylated serine.So thanks to your warning I didn't waste my money.

Mary

Moderator Resource
BTW @Mary : iherb sells still those Seriphos with posphatidyl serine instead of phosphorylated serine.So thanks to your warning I didn't waste my money.
@Pearshaped - I think you're wrong about this. Here's an iherb link from the U.S.: https://www.iherb.com/pr/InterPlexus-Seriphos-100-Capsules/60068

Under ingredients, it says phosphorylated serine. It's been this way for a few years now. I think there are old reviews complaining about phosphatidyl serine, but those are old and no longer relevant. Actually I just changed my preferences to Switzerland on iherb, and it says the same thing - phosphorylated serine.

Tella

Lavender is well researched as an anti-anxiety chemical. Diluted organic essential oil in water is how I used it when I had anxiety.
Hey was wondering if you are still on antivirals and how are u these days? :)