• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin C / Ascorbate injections according to Dr. Pall

mitoMAN

Fellow users,
I would like to inquire about a possible injectible form of Vitamin C / Ascorbate that could be used according to the Work of Dr. Pall.

High-dose Therapy with Ascorbate, Niacin, Folate and B12: Pauling was Right but for the Wrong Reason
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5b68/f7cb1fd3cc59926e77269b84cbd64385277d.pdf

According to this article, it needs to be given in quite high dosages and thus I.V.

Is there a form that could be given S.C ? The ones I found are mostly maximum of 0.5 - 1mg/ml and thus would indeed require I.V administration.

Also which is the correct "name" of the Vitamin C solution that is needed?
L-ascorbic acid ?

Also Dr. Pall prefers a buffered pH version of Ascorbate.
I assume this is only important for high volume I.V. administration?

I am planning on starting methylB12 injections next week with oral 5-MTHF.
Therefor I would like to try Vitamin C as well.

Last edited:

pamojja

Also which is the correct "name" of the Vitamin C solution that is needed?
L-ascorbic acid ?

IV vitamin C has to be pH neutral (no matter the dose), and therefore should be sodium-ascorbate. In practice in the old times it was on made by letting ascorbic acid (all commercial vitamin C ascorbic acid is the L-form, otherwise the D-form sometimes used as food-anti-oxidant with no anti-scorbutic action, should be notified as such) react with sodium bicarbonate in water.

doctoryourself.com has quite some resources: http://www.doctoryourself.com/vitciv.html

In Germany we have "Pascorbin". Maybe you can order it to your country?

Most commercially available vitamin C ampoules are ridiculous low dose. Not worth the effort, since the slight effect of such low dose IVs can be easily superseded by oral mega-dose ascorbic acid intake. Average IV should deliver around 50g of sodium-ascorbate per IV.

Hipsman

Those available in my country (IV or intramuscular injection) are either 50mg/ml or 100mg/ml of ascorbic acid. Package of 10 ampules each 2ml - 1$ US.
To get 50g requires 25 if these packages or 250 ampules or 500ml to be administrated in 24h period, not sure if 500ml per day is still too much to be a viable solution...