• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

video: I Ate Bacon, Eggs & Butter and Here Is What Happened To My Blood

YippeeKi YOW !!

Damn. Can't play YouTubes. Well, I can play them, but the sound is so clucked-up (get it? Eggs? Clucked? Nyuk nyuk nyuk ....) that I can't actually figure out what's being said, even if I could bear listening to it ....

linusbert

Damn. Can't play YouTubes. Well, I can play them, but the sound is so clucked-up (get it? Eggs? Clucked? Nyuk nyuk nyuk ....) that I can't actually figure out what's being said, even if I could bear listening to it ....
turn on CAPTIONS then ;P
or get some external speakers, bluetooth or so.
but the sound is so clucked-up (get it? Eggs? Clucked? Nyuk nyuk nyuk ....)
didnt get it, didnt know the word clucked. glad you explained.
but i recognized your artistic use of language.
i love playing with language too, but can only do so in my native language... and my fellow natives are known for their "humor".. so well,...

YippeeKi YOW !!

turn on CAPTIONS then ;P
A lot of YouTube captions totally suck ... I gave up o them back when I was telling myself that I'd give in a buy a new laptop shortly. That was two years ago, I thin, I'm not fond of new things.
or get some external speakers, bluetooth or so.
Now that Ive been thinking about that pretty seriously. Something cheap but decent, becasue my poor Toshiba is on its last legs, but I really, really, really love it. It's an incredible machine. The only think they didnt do right and 8 years ahead of everyone else was the hardware. The decking started coming up lickety split, but I've stuck with it because.... I just love the litle guy .... Will eventually have to buy a Dynabook (total Toshiba clone, made by the company that took them over) .... but also not happy about letting loose of 1,300 bfore tax and extras.
but i recognized your artistic use of language.
Thank you my little Knuddelig Seehund. You're artistic with language too, particularly considering it's your second language. Not easy to do ...
i love playing with language too, but can only do so in my native language.
It's very very hard to do in a second language, even one you know well. For some reason, the freedom you need to play around with words requires a bone-deep immersion.
and my fellow natives are known for their "humor".. so well
I'm acquainted. I had a very good, very old friend (well, actually a few years younger than me) who was German. Uh, excuse me, Bavarian. He died a couple of years ago, which realy pissed me off, because, you ow a couple years younger, he was supposed to last longer.

I miss him and his very Cherrrrmahn .... uh, Bah-vah-reeeee-uhn sense of humor. It's an acquired taste, but once you get it, you got it for good ....

How long have you been in the nursing home? Any odds of getting out at any time?

linusbert

Thank you my little Knuddelig Seehund. You're artistic with language too, particularly considering it's your second language. Not easy to do ...
thanks. but when i do it in english, its more like gramatic error :D

"knuddeliger Seehund" , though Seehund is more like a fur seal - those slim dog like seals, the classic fatty wobbly seal is called "Robbe" , then it is "knuddelige Robbe".

i am Bavarian too, technically. not linguistically though.
How long have you been in the nursing home? Any odds of getting out at any time?
lets not talk about it. they do not let me out. i applied for assisted living.. but they do not take me, because i already was in nursing home... so no going back. its ridicolous.
also my government rather pays 4500 eur a month instead of 1500 for assisted living. you cannot believe it. the institution paying my money said its more paper work.

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I ordered an egg and a chicken on Amazon. I’ll let you know.

(Egg joke - Cluck cluck!)

Violeta

I watched part of it. I've read a lot about ketogenic diet and I had eaten a diet like that but it didn't work for me. It's very tempting, though, to try it again even after so many failures.

What are your thoughts about it.

maddietod

Very interesting, and timely for me. I'm into week 11 of eating 8/16 with a weekly water fast, I started with a no-sugar rule, and quickly shifted to low-ish carb. I wanted to get some autophagy happening regularly. I'm going to take a look at my carb count - you got me curious! I've never done keto, but my total cholesterol has been over 300 forever. Maybe I'll get my cholesterol checked after a while more eating this way, and then test keto if it's still so high.

YippeeKi YOW !!

@linusbert
"knuddelige Robbe".
Thnk you !!! I couldnt think of the right word in my vast 20 word German vocab. From now on you'll be my K. Robbe ....
i am Bavarian too, technically. not linguistically though.
Your secret's safe with me. I could rarely tell the difference ...
ets not talk about it. they do not let me out. i applied for assisted living.. but they do not take me, because i already was in nursing home... so no going back. its ridicolous.
Oh, jeez, that's .... inhumane and just indecent.

I wonder if @Countrygirl would have some pointers for help in all these. She's a warrior saint, and knows more than all of us put together about how to get traction with these shiftless bastards ....

@Countrygirl ... forgive the intrusion, but linusbert has been brave and generally upbeat in the face of this slow death sentence, and I thought you might have some thoughts for him, or even some direct help ... thanks for taking the time .....

linusbert

I watched part of it. I've read a lot about ketogenic diet and I had eaten a diet like that but it didn't work for me. It's very tempting, though, to try it again even after so many failures.

What are your thoughts about it.
i am big fan of fat rich and carb restricted diet... though my sickness demands the opposite from me.. carb rich and fat restricted.
somehow my symptoms improve after having foods which spike insulin. if i switch to ketogenic... which is basically a insulin sparing diet... i get really bad. i tried, i failed.

guess this is something for metabolic healthy people. or at least not broken in that specific metabolics.

hapl808

Yeah, I think that makes sense. Keto and IF worked for me when I was mild-moderate, but now I find that I feel better with more carbs in my diet. I still don't eat sugar or fruit juices or anything like that, but rye bread and such things seem better now. I still do IF sometimes, but I play it by ear.

pamojja

anyone here actually watched the video? :smirk:
Sorry, I didn't. But the reason was that I changed actually from 30 years low-fat vegetarian to high healthy-fat (upto 70% of calories), with daily eggs and weekly fish. At times even organic grown beef, 14 years ago. The following was the effect of this dietary change:

post-12057-0-46515200-1562873679.png

linusbert

Sorry, I didn't. But the reason was that I changed actually from 30 years low-fat vegetarian to high healthy-fat (upto 70% of calories), with daily eggs and weekly fish. At times even organic grown beef, 14 years ago. The following was the effect of this dietary change:

View attachment 51328
wasnt meant critical or negative, just wanted to bring thread back on topic after it seal'd out a bit.
great data. confirms the data in the video.
its just so funny and sad in a way that exactly the food we should not eat to prevent high cholesterol and triglycerides is actually the food which ironically brings it down.
from a scientific point it absolutely makes sense, but modern medicine strayed far from actual science.

i bet alone with this high fat and high vegetable diet + vitamin D , we could for normal population get diabetes, obesity etc. down.
and its delicious too! a good big plate of salad, mozarella, tomatoes and bacon and eggs on top.

a pharma financed "science" does not work! right now medicine is just following pharma corporate interests, its useless. medical science is dead.
we need independent science. they should make a big pot where everyone pays into. and then randomly distribute it to studies. and pharma companies need to be forced to pay into the pot. but they have no way of controlling how funding is distributed.

YippeeKi YOW !!

a pharma financed "science" does not work! right now medicine is just following pharma corporate interests, its useless. medical science is dead.
That was pretty much a given when BigPharm took over university's med schools and started dictating their curriculums, textbooks, testing, etc, in return for which the med schools got massive funding from pharm, and special extras for the prof's and deans that stuck to the program ....

linusbert

That was pretty much a given when BigPharm took over university's med schools and started dictating their curriculums, textbooks, testing, etc, in return for which the med schools got massive funding from pharm, and special extras for the prof's and deans that stuck to the program ....
how is this even possible... nobody did think this would be a bad idea?