• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very Important News regarding Dr Myhill and the GMC

curry

I was wondering which GP do you consult now for treatment, instead of Dr Myhill? (I would like to do some tests, and have sent emails to her, but to no availability.)

Min

The long, and in my opinion abusive, thread started by 'Jonas' about Dr Myhill on Bad Science has been removed, along with the second thread started by him after her recent ban where he defended his actions.

Actually, it was accidentally deleted. At the time of writing, that is the only thread about Dr Myhill (and for what it's worth, it wasn't the first thread about her website) that isn't coming back.

Min

Actually, it was accidentally deleted. At the time of writing, that is the only thread about Dr Myhill (and for what it's worth, it wasn't the first thread about her website) that isn't coming back.

No it wasn't, Ben Goldacre talks of a thread being deliberately removed (about time to) and two vile, abusive threads about Dr Myhill & M.E. patients have been removed - the shorter the one 'Jason' started by making excuses for ruiniing Dr Myhill's career was also removed:

http://badscience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18775

The thread that was removed was about someone else.

The large thread about Dr Myhill was _moved_ to somewhere (where a decision about its fate would be made), but got accidentally deleted in the process.

The other thread (about the second IOP hearing) was also moved, but it hasn't been deleted. It may or may not be put back.

Can't comment on its fate because I'm not in-the-know and it's not my decision to make, but I wouldn't be surprised if very little happens in terms of new threads/topics about Dr Myhill until the FTP hearing.

Angela Kennedy

The thread that was removed was about someone else.

The large thread about Dr Myhill was _moved_ to somewhere (where a decision about its fate would be made), but got accidentally deleted in the process.

The other thread (about the second IOP hearing) was also moved, but it hasn't been deleted. It may or may not be put back.

Can't comment on its fate because I'm not in-the-know and it's not my decision to make, but I wouldn't be surprised if very little happens in terms of new threads/topics about Dr Myhill until the FTP hearing.

So if it wasn't about Myhill: then who was the removed thread about? And why is Myhill (and supporters) specifically mentioned in that thread? (The one about the removed thread, started by Ben Goldacre?)

Min

here's the reason given for losing the enormous thread:

http://badscience.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18845

- so it wasn't deliberately 'lost' because it may have repeatedly defamed Dr M's character then?

I think the deliberately removed thread may have been the shorter one in which incredibly rude statement(s) were made about one of Dr M's supporters on Facebook.

I am likewise appalled to hear this. Can Dr Myhill appeal in the European Courts? Craig, do you know anything more about what happened? I am not on Facebook. Thanks.

Sorry haven't been around for long time.

As regards the above, see the support doctor myhill website. Lots is going on.

I have (hopefully) temporarily left Fb as I was receiving unwanted mail.

I have no comment to make on BS. I never do. As I said, lots is going on.

Best to all supporters etc,

Craig

Dr Myhill's case is to be heard by the High Court in London in the week beginning 29th November, 2010. Further news on the exact date will be sent out as soon as Dr Myhill is notified by the court.

We expected the news to break in another newspaper tomorrow but the Shropshire Star are the first to carry the news and a little ahead of schedule.

For the full article see:
http://www.southshropshirejournals.com/2010/11/19/gp-wins-court-review-against-gmc/

Sarah has received many letters, cards and emails since the last IOP hearing and these have greatly appreciated. Let's all hope for a successful and just outcome in the High Court.

Enid

All very best wishes Craig - I see a cultural disbelief from my own GP on. An enormous ship to turn round.

Thanks for keeping us posted Craig. I'll be on tenterhooks...any idea whether it will be resolved in one day or is it likely to run over?