• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

mariovitali

@name

You have provided a lot of information. I will have to enter the information you posted on a special software and search for possible links. I will do this over the next days and post the results here.

In the meantime, can you try the protocol that is suggested in the first post of this thread and give us feedback on how you are doing?

@mariovitali
thank for the reply.
no offence, but i am doing my own things at the moment which are working so i don't want to change anything drastically . they are for other problems which i figured involve gut/biome/fungas and all that( i think those made my skin problems from the begininng).this involve some diet (for Ankylosing Spondylitis-no starch and more..) and later i plan to add some bioflims distruptors+herbs.. I do take dibencozide b12 from time to time.

mariovitali

@mariovitali
thank for the reply.
no offence, but i am doing my own things at the moment which are working so i don't want to change anything drastically . they are for other problems which i figured involve gut/biome/fungas and all that( i think those made my skin problems from the begininng).this involve some diet (for Ankylosing Spondylitis-no starch and more..) and later i plan to add some bioflims distruptors+herbs.. I do take dibencozide b12 from time to time.

@name No problem, i do understand and this makes perfect sense. Could you have a look at possible SNPs discussed in this thread if you have your DNA data available?

FYI @Violeta, @Gondwanaland, @JaimeS , I Just finished a set of analysis for accutane/isotretinoin, here is a screenshot :

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 13.56.59.png

Notice how often heat_shock_protein appears on the left side (which means that there is an association between Isotretinoin and Heat shock proteins. Then i looked for Isotretinoin+HSP on PubMed and i found this :

Reduction of heat-shock protein-70 after prolonged treatment with retinoids: biological and clinical implications.
Tosi P1, Visani G, Ottaviani E, Gibellini D, Pellacani A, Tura S.
Author information

Abstract
Heat shock proteins (HSPs) are a group of highly conserved polypeptides involved in cellular response to heat or other physical or chemical stresses. It has been recently reported that HSPs could play a role in cellular differentiation. In this study we have evaluated, by a cytofluorimetric method, the presence of HSP-70 in HL-60 cells during treatment with all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA), 9-cis retinoic acid (9-cis RA), and 13-cis retinoic acid (13-cis RA). After 1 and 3 days of incubation at 10(-7) M, HSP-70 did not show any variation compared to control; prolonging the exposure, together with the appearance of cellular differentiation along the granulocytic pathway and apoptosis, a progressive decrease of HSP-70 was observed that, after 8 days of treatment, was reduced by 40% with ATRA and by 28% with 9-cis RA compared to untreated samples, while only minimal changes were evident by incubating the cells with 13-cis RA. Reduction of HSP-70 was not associated with decreased protein synthesis, as demonstrated by [3H] leucine incorporation. Double labeling with propidium iodide showed a decrease in HSP-70 in all the phases of the cell cycle concomitant with a reduced percentage of cycling cells in ATRA-treated samples. Dot blot and Northern blot analysis demonstrated no change in HSP-70 mRNA after retinoid treatment, thus suggesting a post-transcriptional regulation of the phenomenon. This reduced production of HSP-70 caused by ATRA and by 9-cis RA, though to a lesser extent, could render the cells more sensitive to cytotoxic agents and could provide the rationale for the efficacy of ATRA + chemotherapy combinations.

Last edited:

Violeta

@mariovitali
thank for the reply.

Do you have ankylosing spondylitis (hla 27 involvement), because I just happened upon this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912611/

sorry,i didn't had any DNA test.
i think i have it (ankylosing spondylitis), because of the way my back feels and the absent of motions/posters/flexability ranges. it get much better while on the diet+b12. only b12 and it dosen't work, i have to eat accordingly. the diet thing is for the suspected Klebsiella pneumoniae reaction(some say it is the cause and not the gene. maybe both)
thanks for the study violeta. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912611/
''In transgenic rats, HLA-B27 misfolding generates ER stress and leads to activation of the unfolded protein response (UPR),''
HLA proteins. i went to read the open post and it does mention patogens as a possible cause misfolded protein/ER stress
i googled ''Klebsiella pneumoniae ER stress''
for now i have found this:
http://intimmabs.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/Suppl_1_Pt_1/i131.abstract
''Our previous results demonstrated that decapsulated Klebsiella pneumoniae (KP) cause ER stress of immune cells but not colonrectum adenocarcinoma cells.''
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0079961
Activation of IFN-γ/STAT/IRF-1 in Hepatic Responses to Klebsiella pneumoniae Infection
''IFN-γ induces apoptosis of various cell types, including hepatocytes; however, its mechanism is divergent and involves multiple downstream pathways [22,23]. Generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress were also demonstrated to promote apoptosis of cultured hepatocytes [24].''
''IFN-γ elicits apoptosis in a number of normal cells, including hepatocytes. Among the multiple pathways involved, ER stress has been shown to play a critical role in the signaling of IFN-γ induced apoptosis of primary hepatocytes [36]. Given that several apoptotic characteristics were noted in the K. pneumoniae-infected diabetic mice (Figure 3G and H), the involvement of ER stress was investigated. The level of phosphorylated eukaryotic initiation factor 2-alpha (peIF2α) (Figure 5A, G, and H), induced by PKR-like ER-localized eIF2α kinase (PERK) due to the ER protein load, was elevated exclusively in the diabetic mice upon K. pneumoniae infection. Moreover, protein level of p20 subunit of the activated caspase 3 that was proteolytically generated during apoptosis (Figure 5A; indicated by an arrow) was significantly increased in the K. pneumoniae-infected naïve and diabetic mice in comparison with the uninfected control''
''the comparable levels of phospho-eIF2α exhibited in the PBS-control group of diabetic and naïve mice suggested that the diabetes-related ER stress was mainly provoked by K. pneumoniae infection (Figure 5H). Besides induction of ER stress, K. pneumoniae also caused 2-fold enhancement of hepatic apoptosis in mice with diabetes. These findings suggested that induction of ER stress by the liver-invading K. pneumoniae, probably through IFN-γ signaling, elevated the level of phospho-eIF2α to attenuate protein translation, and the failure to rescue ER stress led to augmented apoptosis in mice with diabetes.''

Violeta

sorry,i didn't had any DNA test.
i think i have it (ankylosing spondylitis), because of the way my back feels and the absent of motions/posters/flexability ranges. it get much better while on the diet+b12. only b12 and it dosen't work, i have to eat accordingly. the diet thing is for the suspected Klebsiella pneumoniae reaction(some say it is the cause and not the gene. maybe both)
thanks for the study violeta. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912611/

Yes, I used to read at the site for ankylosing spondylitis because I was interested in the diet. That's why I recognized the hla 27 when I looking up endoplasmic reticulum with respect to something else and thought you might find it interesting.

I have tried the diet, and my back is so much more flexible when avoiding starch, but I wasn't able to stay on it any length of time because of issues that some of the other foods cause and then I can't maintain my weight.

While reading at the ankylosing spondylitis forum I had never seen endoplasmic reticulum stress mentioned, and now I am wondering how much that actually has to do with the disease. After reading there for a while and seeing everyone's various issues, I noticed that most issues had to do with the liver. And as mariovitali's research has pointed out, endoplasmic reticulum stress has a lot to do with the liver.

Do you basically eat a diet of meat, no starch vegetables, and low starch fruit? I would like to hear how you are accomplishing the no starch diet and how you are feeling on it. Do you have any bad side effects from it?

Are you able to eat dairy?

Edit to add: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26070942 It's funny that they say it's immune system related but don't talk about a pathogen. I bet there's a virus involved.

So far I am seeing a lot of chatter about epstein barr virus.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1002175/

Last edited:
what i eat:
low starch fruits(acording to some sites.hope it's right) : apple, ripe peach, ripe Plum, melon,watermelon.
beef meat and fat, canned sardines(my only option) if it contain olive oil the sardines are whased to remove it.
that is all i eat.
so there are no starches,grains,nuts,dairy, vegetebales oils. but some vegtebeles i might add like cucumber, but not solanes. all acording to what heart my back and stomach comfort/bloating and skin.
no dairy. i am doing the diet 100% for a few weeks, i couldn't before because i had to get calcium or else i had teeth grinding where my jaw got tense and the mouth get closed hard without my control during my sleep, so i ate yogurt
and it makes my back realy bad if not even worse than starches did. so i ordered a calcium supplement which made from animal bone(hydroxyapatite), this supplement unfortunately caused me heart pains and some weird huge red itchy red rash on the middle of my arm at the opposite direction to the elbbow.but i am gonna find other solution for calcium.

i have no side effects, my stomach is lighter and i think this is because the food i eat is digested now instead of having a load of food sitting undigested and feeling as if my stomach full up till my my chest.
also stomach is flatter, it still get expended, but less and after some time(which get shorter the more ii'm on this diet) the bloatness getting down and i fell the heaviness going down ( like a load of water on the bath but now the sink is open).
i am planing to try and kill the suspected K. pneumoniae i might have, with biofilms disruptors(or pancrease glandular)+herbs, or what others i will find relevant, so maybe the diet won't be needed for life, i hope.
i wonder why people(from what i have read) only talks about diet and no one seems to try and kill the bacteria for curing this disease,

Last edited:

Violeta

what i eat:
low starch fruits(acording to some sites.hope it's right) : apple, ripe peach, ripe Plum, melon,watermelon.
beef meat and fat, canned sardines(my only option) if it contain olive oil the sardines are whased to remove it.
that is all i eat.
so there are no starches,grains,nuts,dairy, vegetebales oils. but some vegtebeles i might add like cucumber, but not solanes. all acording to what heart my back and stomach comfort/bloating and skin.
no dairy. i am doing the diet 100% for a few weeks, i couldn't before because i had to get calcium or else i had teeth grinding where my jaw got tense and the mouth get closed hard without my control during my sleep, so i ate yogurt
and it makes my back realy bad if not even worse than starches did. so i ordered a calcium supplement which made from animal bone(hydroxyapatite), this supplement unfortunately caused me heart pains and some weird huge red itchy red rash on the middle of my arm at the opposite direction to the elbbow.but i am gonna find other solution for calcium.

i have no side effects, my stomach is lighter and i think this is because the food i eat is digested now instead of having a load of food sitting undigested and feeling as if my stomach full up till my my chest.
also stomach is flatter, it still get expended, but less and after some time(which get shorter the more ii'm on this diet) the bloatness getting down and i fell the heaviness going down ( like a load of water on the bath but now the sink is open).
i am planing to try and kill the suspected K. pneumoniae i might have, with biofilms disruptors(or pancrease glandular)+herbs, or what others i will find relevant, so maybe the diet won't be needed for life, i hope.
i wonder why people(from what i have read) only talks about diet and no one seems to try and kill the bacteria for curing this disease,

Thank you for listing your diet.
So you can eat meat and not get joint pain anywhere else in your body? I try to use meat or fish for protein and cut out grains and dairy, and then get insomnia, headaches, and joint pain. But then I get much more flexible, I don't know, I appreciate your input. I may try it again.

Why do you rinse off the olive oil, is that not good?

Do you know if K. pneumoniae replicates on a metal? I have had recurrent bouts with either bronchitis or pneumonia (I don't go to doctor to find out because I can't take medicine), and from taking Vitamin B2 the toxic stores of iron or copper seem to have been drained out of my lungs and I no longer get lung infections. My chronic cough went away, too, except for these past two weeks since I have been eating some beef. Vitamin B2 also helps clean out the endoplasmic reticulum, if you are concerned about that at all.

I agree with you when you ask why no one with ankylosing spondylitis is trying to kill the bacteria!!!

Ankylosing spondylitis seems to mess up calcium regulation, which does happen with endoplasmic reticulum stress. It has something to do with the sarcoplasmic reticulum. And I saw a good link with respect to granulomas, which might be what are actually biofilm coated cysts.

Edit: Yeah, it's the iron.

Last edited:

Violeta

This might be why. At this link it says that it is resistant to every antibiotic. Hopefully there's another way to deal with it.
http://jonbarron.org/topic/clostridium-difficile-and-klebsiella-pneumoniae-are-coming
Is there any chance that a different pathogen is involved?

I do see some studies that seem to be showing that those with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis don't seem to have the ability to resist epstein barr virus.

Last edited:
i can eat meat and fish. i can't eat meat from one comapny in my country cause it make me the same rash on hands the same as the calcium from bones form cattle, i did some gogeling and the calcium supp and the meat cattle source are both from australia. the catle imprted alive and is slaughter here,... other meats sources don't give me this hand rash. so check to see if that is maybe your problem with meat as well.

olive oil make my face realy red end flares seboreic dermatitis which also the other avoided food flares, but the olive oil realy make my face red days(not like a sudden reaction, it devolop after and lasts for days)
i didn't heard about K. pneumoniae thriving on metals. not saying it couldn't happen....
i tried b2 (i read long ago a thread about it on this site) i took small dose, it make my liver heart and my poops turned green,yellow, so i stopped.
thanks for the information about calcium and Ankylosing spondylitis. and it make sense together with that ER stress also cause a calcium loss and that k,pneumoniae cause a ER stress.sarcoplasmic reticulum- wiki sais it stores calcium, so i see why say the calcium loss is conncected to it.

inhibition/killing Klebsiella pneumoniae:
http://www.vitaminsinamerica.com/news/beta1-3.htm
When beta-1,3-glucan was added to antibiotic regime in animals challenged with different bacterial (Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiell apneumoniae, Escherichia coli and others) and viral (Herpes virus) pathogens, a reduced amount of antibiotics or antivirals was needed to cope with the infection11. It also has an antifungal effect, shown in experiments with Candida albicans11. Such a broad anti-infective spectrum of beta-1,3-glucan can be explained only by the fact that the immunostimulation produced by this unique material is non-specific.
http://goodbyelyme.com/free_articles/coinfections/klebsiella
….Concentrated food and herb extracts are effective at fighting drug resistant Klebsiella infections7
In one study, aqueous extracts of lemon and clove leaf were 90% effective against Klebsiella8. In another study, Salvia officinalis, L. essential oil was 100% effective against Klebsiella9. Essential oil of oregano also inhibits Klebsiella10. Garlic oil is also effective against drug resistant Klebsiella11. Many of these herbs and essential oils have been used safely and effectively in patients with chronic infections. When fighting drug resistant infections, not only do you need effective anti-Klebsiella medicines, you also need to have an effective anti-biofilm strategy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2881652/
The essential oil decreased biofilm formation and enhanced the activity of the ciprofloxacin disk. The incubation of the R-plasmid DNA with essential oil could not induce plasmid DNA degradation. The results of this study suggest the potential use of cumin seed essential oil against K. pneumoniae in vitro, may contribute to the in vivo efficacy of this essential oil.

http://ajp.mums.ac.ir/article_232_5.html
Phytochemical screening and evaluation of Monechma ciliatum (black mahlab) seed extracts as antimicrobial agents
….The growth of Klebsiella pneumoniae was inhibited by ethanol extract with zones of inhibition equal to 16, 26, and 33 mm at concentrations of 50, 100, and 150 mg/ml, respectively
Conclusion: The findings of the current study support the traditional uses of the plant's seed in the therapy of respiratory tract infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae.

http://jhd.iaushk.ac.ir/article_4109_835.html
The purpose of present study was to examine and validate the folk's claim of inhalation of Monechma ciliatum seeds powder by traditional African natives for cold and allergic conditions, so as to formulate a useful therapeutic agent to respiratory tract infections.
Experimental: Different extracts were bio-assayed in vitro for their bioactivity to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria and fungi. Bacteria and fungi selected in the study were common pathogens for respiratory tract infections.
Results & Discussion: Klebsiella pneumoniae was highly sensitive to the hydroalcoholic extract (maceration by 70% ethanol and 30% water) and moderately sensitive to the extract (maceration by water).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25412961
The potential of selected South African plants with anti-Klebsiella activity for the treatment and prevention of ankylosing spondylitis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC538912/
"Garlic extract can prevent biofilm development by Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii and Klebsiella pneumoniae, and caused a 2–5 log reduction of the bioburden within Enterococcus faecalis biofilms. Additionally, garlic extract disrupted partially developed biofilms produced by S. aureus, S. epidermidis and A. baumannii."
http://www.eurekaselect.com/112780
Prunus cerasus
the antimicrobial activities of red sour cherry extracts (SCE) were measured in culture in this study. SCEs were subdivided into variables: whole juice extracts (WJE),
… WJE showed attenuating inhibition on Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus Group D, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus Group B (GBS), Citrobacter koseri, Enterobacter cloacae, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae,

http://www.realnatural.org/ancient-plum-remedy-stops-pneumonia-superbug-infection/
Ancient Plum Remedy Stops Pneumonia Superbug Infection
….Research from the School of Chinese Medicine and Taiwan’s Hungkuang University has determined that an ancient Chinese remedy often referred to in English as Black Plum or Wu Mei has the ability to inhibit the growth of multiple-drug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae.

http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/2384...oli-or-Klebsiella-pneumoniae-subsp.-pneumonia
Destruction of single-species biofilms of Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae subsp. pneumoniae by dextranase, lactoferrin, and lysozyme
…. No material was capable of complete destruction of both single species biofilms; however, low concentrations of lactoferrin and lysozyme each removed 100% of the K. pneumoniae subsp. pneumoniae biofilm. Low concentrations of lactoferrin or lysozyme might be beneficial to prevent biofilm formation by K. pneumoniae subsp. pneumoniae.
The antibacterial activity of essential oils extracted from medicinal plants (Ocimum gratissimum, L., Cybopogum citratus (DC) Stapf., and Salvia officinalis, L.) was assessed on bacterial strains derived from 100 urine samples.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scr...0034-89102004000200025&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en
The antibacterial activity of essential oils extracted from medicinal plants (Ocimum gratissimum, L., Cybopogum citratus (DC) Stapf., and Salvia officinalis, L.) was assessed on bacterial strains derived from 100 urine samples.
… A comparison of the activity levels of the three herbs showed the greater efficiency of Salvia officinalis L. The different species analyzed were over 96% effective against Escherichia coli, 100% against Klebsiella pneumoniae

Violeta

Well, that's a good list to start with. There are two things on there that I've found helpful, although I am not saying I have klebsiella. Beta 1,3 glucans are found in reishi, and I had very good results from that but then got side tracked with the resistant starch idea and never went back to it. I still have some and will start it today. I also had good results with lactoferrin when I came down with a lung infection after starting B2, that's what got me through it actually. Lactoferrin will deal with the iron. Now I take colostrum, which has lactoferrin and a lot of other immune system helpers. And cherries are one of the few fruits that don't bother me, maybe even make me feel better. I am using sour cherry juice, mixing it in yogurt.

I have been wanting to buy astragalus, an immune booster, and found one with ligustrum and schizandra. Ligustrum looks good, I don't know if you have any eye issues or tinnitus, but it's good for those issues, too. I have a couple of tinctures for killing the bugs, too, that really do help, lomatium being the one that helped me the fastest. It's hard to tell what the real pathogen is, but I am taking into consideration viruses and bacteria.

This is information about the ligustrum. http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/herbs/ligustrum.html

That was a very extreme reaction that you had to the B2! What do you suppose that was all about?

Interesting about your face turning red, that happens to me too but I don't yet know what is causing it. It happened on Monday night, I will have to see if I can figure it out.

Ema

OK, is Mercury in retrograde or something?

Now Rita and Wendy both have both had crap days. :(

I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row since Monday (and only 3 hours total today). I am not typically prone to insomnia so this is also new. I've also pulled a muscle in my upper back and left shoulder which hurts like the dickens despite copious amounts of Advil, lidocaine patches, heat and ice.

I'm beginning to think stopping most of my meds and supps was a very bad idea after all.

Can we skip this week please and try another one?? Please!?

Violeta

thanks for the information about calcium and Ankylosing spondylitis. and it make sense together with that ER stress also cause a calcium loss and that k,pneumoniae cause a ER stress.sarcoplasmic reticulum- wiki sais it stores calcium, so i see why say the calcium loss is conncected to it.

I don't know if it causes calcium loss or calcium being placed in the wrong places.

Would you say ankylosing spondylitis involves calcium deposits between the vertebrae? I forget.

Maybe @mariovitali knows something about ER stress causing soft tissue calcification.

mariovitali

@Violeta, @name

OK so i used my software to look for ankylosing spondylitis. Here are the results :

crohns_disease.csv : 0.66 %
glycoproteins.csv : 0.48 %
systemic_amyloidosis.csv : 0.45 %
asymmetric_dimethylarginine.csv : 0.43 %
amyloidosis.csv : 0.28 %
upr.csv : 0.27 %

xbp1.csv : 0.21 %
rituximab.csv : 0.19 %
pbmc.csv : 0.17 %
gpr78.csv : 0.14 %
dihydroprogesterone.csv : 0.10 %
immune_response.csv : 0.09 %
il_10.csv : 0.09 %
cyp2d6.csv : 0.09 %
subclinicalhypo.csv : 0.08 %
mthfr.csv : 0.07 %
human_proteinuria.csv : 0.07 %
tinnitus.csv : 0.06 %
cfs.csv : 0.06 %
amyloid.csv : 0.06 %
misfolded_proteins.csv : 0.06 %
sshl.csv : 0.06 %
hmgb1.csv : 0.06 %
hpa_axis.csv : 0.06 %
er_stress.csv : 0.05 %
inflammatory_response.csv : 0.05 %
mcp-1.csv : 0.05 %
stat1.csv : 0.05 %
tau.csv : 0.05 %
gluten.csv : 0.04 %
social_anxiety.csv : 0.04 %
heat_shock_protein.csv : 0.04 %
irritable_bowel.csv : 0.04 %
ebv.csv : 0.04 %
microbiome_humans.csv : 0.04 %
vitamin_d3.csv : 0.03 %
uric_acid.csv : 0.03 %
insulin_resistance.csv : 0.03 %
probiotics.csv : 0.03 %
mastocytosis.csv : 0.03 %
freet3.csv : 0.03 %
hsp70.csv : 0.03 %
vcam-1.csv : 0.03 %
oxidative_stress_markers.csv : 0.03 %
isotretinoin.csv : 0.03 %
human_semen.csv : 0.03 %
testosterone_production.csv : 0.02 %
ckd.csv : 0.02 %
iron_deficiency.csv : 0.02 %
endothelial_nos.csv : 0.02 %
cortisol_levels.csv : 0.02 %
hepatotoxicity.csv : 0.02 %
histone_deacetylase.csv : 0.02 %
chaperones.csv : 0.02 %
calcium_homeostasis.csv : 0.02 %
udpgluc.csv : 0.02 %
omega3.csv : 0.01 %
adrenal_insufficiency.csv : 0.01 %
inducible_nos.csv : 0.01 %
dysautonomia.csv : 0.01 %
resveratrol.csv : 0.01 %
cyp1a1.csv : 0.01 %
protease_inhibitor.csv : 0.01 %
glycosylation.csv : 0.01 %
hgh.csv : 0.01 %
triiodothyronine_levels.csv : 0.01 %
adrenal_hyperplasia.csv : 0.01 %
atrial_fibrillation.csv : 0.01 %
caspase_human.csv : 0.01 %
oxalates.csv : 0.01 %
n-acetylglucosamine.csv : 0.01 %
hydroxysteroid_dehydrogenase.csv : 0.01 %
p450oxidoreductase.csv : 0.01 %
ros.csv : 0.01 %
nadh_human.csv : 0.01 %
acetylcholine.csv : 0.00 %
adhd.csv : 0.00 %
selenium.csv : 0.00 %
steatohepatitis.csv : 0.00 %
autism.csv : 0.00 %
l-arginine.csv : 0.00 %
phospholipid_human.csv : 0.00 %
cholestasis.csv : 0.00 %
glutamate.csv : 0.00 %
tudca.csv : 0.00 %
choline_deficiency.csv : 0.00 %
dolichol.csv : 0.00 %
insomnia.csv : 0.00 %
5-htp.csv : 0.00 %
scfa.csv : 0.00 %
p450scc.csv : 0.00 %
limbic_system.csv : 0.00 %
dopamine.csv : 0.00 %
coenzymeq10.csv : 0.00 %
sirt1.csv : 0.00 %
5mthf.csv : 0.00 %
panic_disorder.csv : 0.00 %
hepatocytes.csv : 0.00 %
neuronal_nos.csv : 0.00 %
microglia.csv : 0.00 %
dpagt1.csv : 0.00 %
phosphatidylcholine.csv : 0.00 %
pgc1.csv : 0.00 %
dht.csv : 0.00 %
advanced_glycation_end.csv : 0.00 %
phenylketonuria.csv : 0.00 %
rxr.csv : 0.00 %
5alphareductase.csv : 0.00 %
l_tyrosine.csv : 0.00 %
ire1.csv : 0.00 %
nafld.csv : 0.00 %
gtp_cyclohydrolase.csv : 0.00 %
3betahsd.csv : 0.00 %
nlinkedglycosylation.csv : 0.00 %
mast_cell_activation.csv : 0.00 %
hmgcoa.csv : 0.00 %
gaba_human.csv : 0.00 %
urea_cycle.csv : 0.00 %
orthostatic_intolerance.csv : 0.00 %
cerebrovascular_amyloidosis.csv : 0.00 %
butyrate.csv : 0.00 %
udpglcnac.csv : 0.00 %
ngf.csv : 0.00 %
perk.csv : 0.00 %
peroxynitrite.csv : 0.00 %
finasteride.csv : 0.00 %
hexosamine.csv : 0.00 %
adrenergic_receptor.csv : 0.00 %
selenium_deficiency.csv : 0.00 %
glycerylphosphorylcholine.csv : 0.00 %
benfotiamine.csv : 0.00 %
cimetidine.csv : 0.00 %
anhedonia.csv : 0.00 %
tocotrienol.csv : 0.00 %
cyp3a4.csv : 0.00 %
fmo3.csv : 0.00 %
dopamine_levels.csv : 0.00 %
baroreceptor.csv : 0.00 %
rar.csv : 0.00 %
o-glcnacylation.csv : 0.00 %
neurite_outgrowth.csv : 0.00 %
mitochondrial_dysfunction.csv : 0.00 %
sinusitis.csv : 0.00 %
p5p.csv : 0.00 %
pqq.csv : 0.00 %
cyp1a2.csv : 0.00 %
beta-alanine.csv : 0.00 %
car.csv : 0.00 %
mucuna.csv : 0.00 %
vitamin_b6.csv : 0.00 %
inositol.csv : 0.00 %
ginkgo.csv : 0.00 %
caloric_restriction.csv : 0.00 %
lipoic_acid.csv : 0.00 %
allopregnanolone.csv : 0.00 %
monosodium_glutamate.csv : 0.00 %
tetrahydrobiopterin.csv : 0.00 %
taurine.csv : 0.00 %
steroidogenesis_human.csv : 0.00 %
vitamin_k2.csv : 0.00 %
l_tryptophan.csv : 0.00 %
curcumin.csv : 0.00 %
creatine_supplementation.csv : 0.00 %
cyp1b1.csv : 0.00 %
serotonin_levels.csv : 0.00 %
cyp2e1.csv : 0.00 %
p53.csv : 0.00 %
hsc.csv : 0.00 %
osmolytes.csv : 0.00 %
floaters.csv : 0.00 %
acetyl-coa.csv : 0.00 %
pregnenolone.csv : 0.00 %
d-limonene.csv : 0.00 %
resistant_starch.csv : 0.00 %
nadph_human.csv : 0.00 %
trpv.csv : 0.00 %
l-dopa.csv : 0.00 %
zinc_supplementation.csv : 0.00 %
excitotoxicity.csv : 0.00 %
tmao.csv : 0.00 %
magnesium_deficiency.csv : 0.00 %
o-glcnac.csv : 0.00 %
star.csv : 0.00 %
l_carnitine.csv : 0.00 %
srd5a3.csv : 0.00 %
oxidative_stress_protection.csv : 0.00 %
pxr.csv : 0.00 %

Crohn's and Amyloidosis and Glycoproteins contain most mentions on Ankylosing Spondylitis but there is also a UPR entry.

Then, after searching on PubMed i found this :

HLA-B27 misfolding and spondyloarthropathies.
Colbert RA1, DeLay ML, Layh-Schmitt G, Sowders DP.
Author information

Abstract
HLA-B27 plays a central role in the pathogenesis of many spondyloarthropathies and in particular ankylosing spondylitis. The observation that the HLA-B27 heavy chain has a tendency to misfold has raised the possibility that associated diseases may belong in a rapidly expanding category ofprotein misfolding disorders. The synthesis of the HLA-B27 heavy chain, assembly with beta(2)m and the loading of peptide cargo, occurs in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) before transport to the cell surface. The evidence indicates that misfolding occurs in the ER prior to beta(2)m association and peptide optimization and is manifested in the formation of aberrant inter- and intra-chain disulfide bonds and accumulation of heavy chain bound to the chaperone BiP. Enhanced accumulation of misfolded heavy chains during the induction of class I expression by cytokines, can cause ER stress resulting in activation of the unfolded protein response (UPR). Effects of UPR activation on cytokine production are beginning to emerge and may provide important missing links between HLA-B27 misfolding and spondyloarthritis. In this chapter we will review what has been learned about HLA-B27 misfolding in human cells and in the transgenic rat model of spondyloarthritis-like disease, considering it in the context of other protein misfolding disorders. These studies provide a framework to support much needed translational work assessing HLA-B27 misfolding and UPR activation in patient-derived material, its consequences for disease pathogenesis and ultimately how and where to focus intervention strategies.

UPR and ER Stress are everywhere...

Last edited:

mariovitali

Minor Update :

I decided to make a few changes to my regimen. It looks as follows :

08:00 Metafolin , Dibencozide , N-Acetylglucosamine

10:00 Alpha GPC, Inositol

12:00 TUDCA , P5P, Selenium

14:00 Resveratrol

16:00 N-Acetylglucosamine, Vitamin C

20:00 Alpha GPC, Inositol

24:00 TUDCA, N-Acetylglucosamine, Vitamin C

Dosages are as follows (each tablet/capsule) :

Metafolin 2 tablets * 1000 mcg = 2000 mcg
Alpha GPC 300 mg
Dibencozide 1/4 tablet = 2.15 mg
TUDCA 250 mg
P5P 10 mg
Selenium 100 mcg
Resveratrol 100 mg
N-Acetylglucosamine 700 mg
Inositol 500 mg

In other words i've added Inositol and changed Choline Bitartate to Alpha GPC. I also stopped taking Curcumin and Taurine and switched back to Resveratrol.

FYI @JPV, @Hip

I decided to add Inositol to the regimen because of its synergistic function with Choline. Then the software i use showed this :

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 7.52.19.png

Which means that the software found a connection between adrenergic receptor and Inositol. Then i remembered this post :

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...pid-remission-me-cfs-treatments.34516/page-17

and the analysis i ran back then showed this :

inosit.png

Dr Goldstein discussed that Inositol re-sensitizes adrenergic receptor. I believe that Inositol should be a definite add-on to the regimen so i will update the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Violeta

You probably already know about this, but it's worth posting anyway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25555684

Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in the endoplasmic reticulum: A single-channel point of view.

As an intracellular Ca(2+) release channel at the endoplasmic reticulum membrane, the ubiquitous inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) receptor (InsP3R) plays a crucial role in the generation, propagation and regulation of intracellular Ca(2+) signals that regulate numerous physiological and pathophysiological processes. This review provides a concise account of the fundamental single-channel properties of the InsP3R channel: its conductance properties and its regulation by InsP3 and Ca(2+), its physiological ligands, studied using nuclear patch clamp electrophysiology.

I like this one even more because it gives specifics about it's effect in neurons.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16163728

The InsP3 receptor: its role in neuronal physiology and neurodegeneration.

Last edited:

mariovitali

@mariovitali Why did you discontinue the taurine?

I am trying to find the minimum necessary combo of supplements that will keep me symptom-free. I think it's about 3 weeks that i am Taurine-free and i haven't had any problems (symptoms).

EDIT : Regarding InsP3 Thanks, i will add it to my Topics for analysis.