• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tired of being single

Cheesus

i hate to admit it, but I often worry I am too old. I know older men often like to date much younger..or least that's what all the articles say. and mentally, I am probably still 22 because my brain has been too messed up to mature

Yeah I agree with @Jennifer J. When I am in my 40s I would rather a woman my own age. Also 20something women are often preoccupied with 20something men. I'm in my 20s and I do not know a single woman my age who is in a relationship with someone over the age of 30.

I bet you're a lot more mentally mature than a 22 year old too. I am a few years older than my ex who was 21 when I last saw her, and I was often astonished by how immature she could be. I miss her sometimes, but I am also relieved that I'm no longer around that degree of immaturity. The life experience you have will appeal to men with depth of character. I couldn't possibly spend my life with someone with shallow character.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Thanks act up, I can't take co enzyme q 10 too low a blood pressure but thanks
Hi and welcome @over it. Not wanting to change the subject, but why don't low blood pressure and CoQ10 go together? I ask because my blood pressure tends towards the low side, and I've just been trying CoQ10, which isn't really going well.

Hi and welcome @over it. Not wanting to change the subject, but why don't low blood pressure and CoQ10 go together? I ask because my blood pressure tends towards the low side, and I've just been trying CoQ10, which isn't really going well.
Thanks Sam...honestly I don't remember, it was yrs ago but I remember I tried it and it dropped bp further then I saw a dr n they said that it does that. Never been game to try again. Sorry you're having trouble with it

Daffodil

my blood pressure is always low also...the heart often cannot pump blood properly with our disease. I used to take high doses of coQ10 because I read it was so good for this disease (mitochondria etc). it was very expensive, too....but then I read it can lower blood pressure so I stopped it. I will maybe take lower doses when I can afford to.

xo

I'm probably less severely affected than many people on here, and I've had relationships in the past. Never found it easy though. It's incredibly draining and inevitably, my health deteriorates in some aspect. I've reached a point now at which I've realised I just can't sustain a relationship AND be as well as possible. Unless the other person is in a similar situation and I don't have to keep explaining and justifying all the time. My ideal relationship would be one where we just communicate via text and perhaps meet up once a month :)

Daffodil

I'm probably less severely affected than many people on here, and I've had relationships in the past. Never found it easy though. It's incredibly draining and inevitably, my health deteriorates in some aspect. I've reached a point now at which I've realised I just can't sustain a relationship AND be as well as possible. Unless the other person is in a similar situation and I don't have to keep explaining and justifying all the time. My ideal relationship would be one where we just communicate via text and perhaps meet up once a month :)
lol I can understand that. I also have mostly put it out of my mind - having a relationship - it seems like another huge mountain to climb for me, for a variety of reasons. but there is always that little voice in back of my head....but that's human nature, I guess

lol I can understand that. I also have mostly put it out of my mind - having a relationship - it seems like another huge mountain to climb for me, for a variety of reasons. but there is always that little voice in back of my head....but that's human nature, I guess
Yes, Daffodil, it's human nature to want/need companionship, even if it has the potential to cause stress :( Sometimes it's nice just to know there's someone there, even if they're not actually 'there', if you know what I mean. Someone in the background who cares.

Misfit Toy

I haven't been in a relationship in awhile...man. I'm okay with it. I got sick at 18 and had a 7 year relationship in spite of it. I get out daily, work part time, go to a movie or dinner. I still feel like no way to a super serious relationship.

Problem is, I want a relationship on my terms. I want to see them when I want to see them or I don't. I may want them to spend the night, or I may want them to go home. I'm semi selfish due to the illness.

Right now I'm wishing for someone to kiss. I want to kiss or even something physical. It's been so freaking long. But, I want no complications or expectations.

My friend said to me, "you should just go on the site "Grinder" and hook up with someone." But I'm not that kind of girl! It sounds interesting. It could be fun. ;)

Seeing someone once a week, texting minimally and no expectations, but even as a female, expecting that from a man is rare. Every guy I date, or know at my age is needy. They are divorced and want you to fill the bill of their ex-wife. They're not used to being alone and they don't like it. Whereas, I like being alone. I recharge from being alone.

I would love to meet someone who travels often or has their own passions and life. Want to go golfing with your friends for a week? GO! I don't see myself with anyone all the time. I like the thought of having a part time love but knowing its "love."

Cheesus

My friend said to me, "you should just go on the site "Grinder" and hook up with someone." But I'm not that kind of girl! It sounds interesting. It could be fun. ;)

I'm sure it would be very interesting, particularly as Grindr is an app for gay men :p:D

I know what you mean though. I would love a relationship that is purely on my terms, but unfortunately I know that is unlikely to happen. I could not fulfil the role asked for by the type of women I like - particularly those women in my age group.

Problem is, I want a relationship on my terms. I want to see them when I want to see them or I don't. I may want them to spend the night, or I may want them to go home. I'm semi selfish due to the illness.

Right now I'm wishing for someone to kiss. I want to kiss or even something physical. It's been so freaking long. But, I want no complications or expectations.
This, exactly. It has to be on my terms or not at all. Which obviously is going to sound very selfish, but that's why I choose to be alone now as, understandably, not many men would go for this. I'm not naturally a selfish person and am still more often than not motivated to 'please' the other person. It would help greatly if they understood but generally they simply don't.

I would love to meet someone who travels often or has their own passions and life. Want to go golfing with your friends for a week? GO! I don't see myself with anyone all the time. I like the thought of having a part time love but knowing its "love."

This, too. Part time is plenty for me. I guess, in a sense, I'm quite easy to please....you'd think they'd be grateful :p

I haven't been in a relationship in awhile...man. I'm okay with it. I got sick at 18 and had a 7 year relationship in spite of it. I get out daily, work part time, go to a movie or dinner. I still feel like no way to a super serious relationship.

Seeing someone once a week, texting minimally and no expectations, but even as a female, expecting that from a man is rare. Every guy I date, or know at my age is needy. They are divorced and want you to fill the bill of their ex-wife. They're not used to being alone and they don't like it. Whereas, I like being alone. I recharge from being alone.

Oh I hear ya...

I'm sure it would be very interesting, particularly as Grindr is an app for gay men :p:D

I know what you mean though. I would love a relationship that is purely on my terms, but unfortunately I know that is unlikely to happen. I could not fulfil the role asked for by the type of women I like - particularly those women in my age group.
Oh I didn't know Grindr was that either...maybe they meant tinder?