• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C What are your feelings about limitless life epitalon amidate version? (Btw I just sent the owner a message on facebook and he said they will have the original standard epitalon in stock soon).

drob31

The practitioner also mentioned to use ketone esters to prevent his interpretation of 'pem' in addition to bicarb.

Doing some research - looks like epitalon/epithalon is bioavailable via intranasal routes due to the small structure of the peptide itself. I reached out to a contact who ran a nootropics/peptide shop a couple years ago and he apparently ran epitalon cycles intranasally with pretty good effect (monitoring telomere lengths via the service teloyear).

I just came out of a two week long crash (Moderate -> Mild), but now I'm thinking I'll run a long term trial of epitalon based on some of the accounts here + research regarding effects. I think 3-6 months worth of intranasal epitalon may be able to prevent/reverse some of the damage from ME/CFS, but that's just a wild shot in the dark. There is some interesting evidence that it 1) promotes antioxidant capability, 2) stimulates IFNγ production, which can help out NK cell activity, and 3) extends telomere lengths.

What *daily* dosage was the most effective for everyone here? I've seen everything from 300mcg on the low end all the up to 10mg per day on the high end. I'm thinking 2mg daily might be a good starting place (500mcg x 4 doses daily) since the math works out better that way for the nasal spray.

BenFromNZ

@ShepherdK For sure, it can work intranasally, but from everything I've read you will have to dose higher to get the same effect. 2mg intranasally won't be the same effect as 2mg subq. Even oral has some effect but you have to dose way higher. Best bang for buck is subq. Intranasal comes in second.

@Wendi C What are your feelings about limitless life epitalon amidate version? (Btw I just sent the owner a message on facebook and he said they will have the original standard epitalon in stock soon).
I don't really know.. I tried this shortly but didn't notice anything different. Also, the vendor I got mine from seemed sketchy. I went back to the regular version offered by Peptide Sciences.

drob31

I think everyone is doing TA1 too low.

My practioner has me on 1500 mcg / day for the first week. And this is with legit taylor made compounding TA1.

I will report on results.

BenFromNZ

I think everyone is doing TA1 too low.

My practioner has me on 1500 mcg / day for the first week. And this is with legit taylor made compounding TA1.

I will report on results.

Be careful people. Some of us CFS's get set back extremely badly with immune treatments if we start at even normal doses. Just because its ok for you does not mean it is ok for others. Best to go low and slow if you are unsure how you react.

Last edited:

ChookityPop

I really want to hear more from you guys and other people that have tried thymosin alpha 1. It is super fascinating!

drob31

I really want to hear more from you guys and other people that have tried thymosin alpha 1. It is super fascinating!

Anecdotally I noticed nothing from it. Also, anecdotally I have heard many have had good results from it. Cerebrolysin gave me outstanding results.

vortex

I started thymosin alpha 1, first day 250mcg, notice a slight boost in energy but nothing else.
So I tried the full daily dose of 500mcg and noticed even better energy for several hours then
got hit with a herx from it which put me in bed for several painful hours. I am skipping it for a couple of days and will return to 250mcg and work up slower.

To whomever said you dont herx from thymosin alpha 1, they dont know what they are talking about!!

drob31

I started thymosin alpha 1, first day 250mcg, notice a slight boost in energy but nothing else.
So I tried the full daily dose of 500mcg and noticed even better energy for several hours then
got hit with a herx from it which put me in bed for several painful hours. I am skipping it for a couple of days and will return to 250mcg and work up slower.

To whomever said you dont herx from thymosin alpha 1, they dont know what they are talking about!!

I think if you have that reaction it means your issues are classified in the immune subtype. I don't think mine are, hence no affect for me.

MartinK

Hi all!
I also started with peptides this week.

My combo is Thymosin A-1, Thymosin B-4 and Semax...

Plan is:
TA-1 1,5mg every 3 day
TB-4 1,5mg every 3 day
Semax 500mcg every day

It will probably be a lottery to fix the right dose, but I want to start like this. If Thymosines doses will be high, I will go 500 mcg/day.

What helped me a lot lately is Nalcrom (dinatrii cromoglicas/cromolyn sodium) 300mg 3x day (I didn't know I had MCAS problems!!) and I hope that will be a great ride along with the peptides and I'll get out of bed!

I think it could also show some of us where our problems stem from :)

ChookityPop

Hi all!
I also started with peptides this week.

My combo is Thymosin A-1, Thymosin B-4 and Semax...

Plan is:
TA-1 1,5mg every 3 day
TB-4 1,5mg every 3 day
Semax 500mcg every day

It will probably be a lottery to fix the right dose, but I want to start like this. If Thymosines doses will be high, I will go 500 mcg/day.

What helped me a lot lately is Nalcrom (dinatrii cromoglicas/cromolyn sodium) 300mg 3x day (I didn't know I had MCAS problems!!) and I hope that will be a great ride along with the peptides and I'll get out of bed!

I think it could also show some of us where our problems stem from :)

Please let us know how it goes. Very interesting. Is Nalcrom an antihistamine like Aerius or is it something else?

MartinK

@ChookityPop @Learner1 Yeah, mast cell stabilizer - I really want to discover this MCAS "problem" more, because looks like its directed to the GI when I look at how Nalcrom works.

@Learner1 This is very high dose daily! :) How long you tried this? Another thing is, 1,5mg daily is pretty expensive. Good luck!

drob31

@drob31 Thanks for your and yours practicioner experience!
How big dose he recommend?

Thanks for info ;-)

He had me load 1500 mcg for 10 days which is a pretty significant amount but then drop to 150 mcg/day for maintenance. But he also said I could experiment with dosages. I'd rather do 1500 mcg every 3-4 days for convenience.

MartinK

that's great that you have a peptides-knowledgeable doctor! :)
I have no option, I need to try it on my own. And hope it helps. Looks like TA-1 have very, very, different usage and dosage for many of us.
Do you have information from the doctor after how long it should be clear whether the peptide works for us?
Thanks a lot.
@drob31 @Learner1