• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

I am thinking to start with Thymosin Alpha 1. I read some very good things about it. But it is very expensive.

From https://peptidesociety.org/forums/topic/thymosin-alpha-combination/:
"anti viral uses with 2-6 week trials . TA1 500mcg daily ( or 1.5mg every 3 days) and TB4 300 mcg daily.
autoimmune 3 month cycles TA1 600mg daily and TB4 1000mcg daily. and can continue with the TA1 for up to a year cycle back the TB4 after 6 weeks off the TB4 and continue."

In Italy I can Zadaxin (active ingredient is Thymosin Alpha 1) with prescription and it would costs me 140€ for one 1,6mg ampule. That would cost me around 300€ per week. peptidesciences sells Thymosin Alpha 1 for research purpose 50mg for $250. I am wondering if anybody tried them. Please send me dm if you can not write it here.

I was thinking to get Zadaxin for 2 weeks, then do blood test and continue with peptidesciences and do another blood test to see if it is legit. Thymosin Alpha 1 should boost white blood cell so I guess the results could be measured.

junkcrap50

I take Thymosin Alpha-1 and Thymosin Beta-4. I also took the peptide BPC-157 as well, but recently stopped it to see if I can cut that from things I take. They have been game changers for me. The best, biggest and longest lasting improvement for my CFS. Took me from bed bound to able to run a few shorts errands per week. It drastically removed a lot of inflammation, malaise, headaches, depression.

I take .15mL of both Thymosin Alpha and Thymosin Beta, 450mcg and 675mcg respectively. It costs me $120 for 5mL (15mg TA1 and 22.5mg TB4) of each peptide, which lasts me 1 month. I get mine at wholesale cost (doctor's cost) from Tailormade Pharmacy (which requires an Rx), because my parent is a doctor. But I have seen the same price or cheaper online.

I don't know what blood test will show if they work or not. I didn't think of doing blood tests showing before or after. I noticed a benefit right away, the next day. And my clinical experience is enough for me. I notice that if I miss taking the shots for 1 or 2 days, my symptoms return, so I take it nearly every day and don't "cycle" them like you see online.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

I was thinking about similar stack: BPC 157, GHK-Cu, Thymosin Alpha and Thymosin Beta. But the biggest immunity modulator among them is probably Thymosin Alpha. Did you ever try just one of each of them? Which one of them made biggest difference for you?

There are some online sources with good prices. peptidesciences is 30x cheaper than from my pharmacy. But a purity and potency is questionable, this is why I am trying to get some opinions from others who tried it.

NotThisGuy

I take Thymosin Alpha-1 and Thymosin Beta-4. I also took the peptide BPC-157 as well, but recently stopped it to see if I can cut that from things I take. They have been game changers for me. The best, biggest and longest lasting improvement for my CFS. Took me from bed bound to able to run a few shorts errands per week. It drastically removed a lot of inflammation, malaise, headaches, depression.

Do you have any mast cell issues or histamine issues?

junkcrap50

Do you have any mast cell issues or histamine issues?

Yes, but I don't have the typical symptoms as most people here. Either my symptoms are atypical, mild, or very common CFS symptoms. The only clear cut mast cell symptoms I have is dermatographism and induced flushing and itching from exercise (when I used to exercise years ago) or vibration/massage. Food, perfumes, etc. don't trigger anything, except some leaky gut symptoms with gluten.

I haven't noticed any changes, good or bad, in my mast cell issues with these peptides. But I do have autoimmune issues, testing positive on nearly all of Cyrex Labs Autoimmune Panel. And I have had very high inflammatory markers in the past (haven't retested them yet).

junkcrap50

I was thinking about similar stack: BPC 157, GHK-Cu, Thymosin Alpha and Thymosin Beta. But the biggest immunity modulator among them is probably Thymosin Alpha. Did you ever try just one of each of them? Which one of them made biggest difference for you?

There are some online sources with good prices. peptidesciences is 30x cheaper than from my pharmacy. But a purity and potency is questionable, this is why I am trying to get some opinions from others who tried it.

Missed your comment when I replied earlier.

No, I have not ever tried just one of them and did not add them one at a time. I was in terrible shape with a prolonged 6 month crash being bedbound for 20+ hours a day. So since all 3 I tried (BPC-157, TA1, TB4) are supposedly immune modulators, I just started all 3 at once back in April. I hadn't heard of GHK-Cu besides in skin-care/cosmetics.

So I can't say which one made the biggest difference for me. I just stopped BPC-157 this week. And so far, I haven't noticed any difference without it. And I usually notice symptoms returning if I miss my peptides for a couple days. 3 days will for sure bring symptoms again. Most times 2 days of no peptides will do it.

I agree that Thymosin Alpha is probably the biggest immune modulator. I thought I could try stopping Thymosin Beta, but reviewing the literature it does have some immune modulating and immune support properties too. So, I think it's best to keep taking Beta too.

My compounding pharmcy I get my peptides recently announced they're introducing a new peptide, Thymulin/Thymalin, that's to be immune modulating too. Thymulin was the first thymus peptide and also known as Thymus Factor. I'm going to try that in a couple months, when it becomes available and when I'm done trailing stopping some of my peptides. I don't know if the many research peptide websites offer Thymalin.

I can't answer anything about potency from these research peptide sites. I would just order from one of the larger ones and more "reputable" ones accordding to online reviews. Bodybuilding and other steroid websites (you'll see them if you search "site + reviews") will have them and always talk about potency of HGH- and testosterone stimulators. I've ordered one product from them, Melanotan 2 (MSH-II). But I didn't notice any effects of that peptide even from my compounding pharmacy, so I couldn't judge potency.

Last edited:
Thank you for these useful information. Now I just need to find a legit source. I can get Rx and I will contact pharmacies around Europe. I will publish here if I find any good offer from pharmacy.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Recently been using bpc 157 mostly for an old knee injury flarring up and to see if it helps with other niggly type injuries. Only been a couple of weeks but it has helped both my knees feel alot better.

Im also using ghrp2 which stimulates growth hormone release, still early days but i have noticed the first few hours i sleep are much deeper, maybe im hitting deeper stages of restorative sleep?

jepps

Hi junkcrap, thank you for your infos. Would you know where to buy Thymosin Alpha-1 in Europe?

junkcrap50

Hi junkcrap, thank you for your infos. Would you know where to buy Thymosin Alpha-1 in Europe?
Sorry, but I don't know.

I buy mine from Tailor Made Compounding Pharmacy. They have offices/labs in Dubai & Melborne. So perhaps they ship to Europe as well.

Also, there are many "research peptide" websites that you can buy from that I'm sure ship to Europe. However, this is a little bit sketchy. Their products are not for human use but it's sort of a "wink-wink" arrangement that they understand people who buy from them will use it on themselves. So their safety and sterility is a bit unknown. I've bought from them before for other peptides and I think it's okay. Just make sure you do research about the website and see if other people online recommend them.

I haven't tried it, there are a lot of fakes. If you buy from some online vendors, check first some reviews from other people. You can also test it. In Europe there is lab4tox.pl. I asked them in January if they do peptides testing and they said that will ready for such analysis in 2 months. But I don't know how reliable is the company. You can also google if there is any company in your country offering such analyze. The analyze is called LC-MS analyze. So just google "LC-MS + your country name". Another option would be to contact university from your country, most universities have lab.

frozenborderline

I am considering trying this as my doctors office offers it. Any thoughts on the side effect profile? Whether t helps with only a certain viral subset of this illness?

junkcrap50

I am considering trying this as my doctors office offers it. Any thoughts on the side effect profile? Whether t helps with only a certain viral subset of this illness?
I think it's pretty safe. It is a natural peptide you should already have if you have a functioning thymus. I haven't noticed any side effects with it, nor am aware of any. As far as subsets go, we'd only be guessing. Might only help those with some sort of immune dysfunction and Th# immune shift. It reduced a lot of inflammation for me, maybe it helps with patients with high inflammation.

confetti11

@debored13 Hi, I'm was about to post that I think Thymosin Alpha 1 has been a game changer for me in a new post. I inject it subQ.

I'll just add my thoughts here since there's already a post with that title.

I'll preface my thoughts by saying that I take a lot of supplements and do a lot of different treatments.

For example, one thing I've seen an improvement lately is NAD+. First by IV, then the nasal spray version.

I've added a few new things lately, but nothing I haven't really tried before. It seems something I'm doing is creating improvements.

I think it's due to TA-1 injections. I do .3 cc once per day.

Just feel stronger overall. It lessens the overall sick feeling and has increased stamina. Some problems remain or are less improved, but something is different, and I think it's due to TA-1.

frozenborderline

I've added a few new things lately, but nothing I haven't really tried before. It seems something I'm doing is creating improvements.

I think it's due to TA-1 injections. I do .3 cc once per day.

Just feel stronger overall. It lessens the overall sick feeling and has increased stamina. Some problems remain or are less improved, but something is different, and I think it's due to TA

Very interesting. How sick were you before and how much have you improved, in terms of general functionality and subjective fatigue?
For example, one thing I've seen an improvement lately is NAD+. First by IV, then the nasal spray version.
do you use the alivebynature version? My doctors office that offers the thymosin also started offering nad+ infusions and im curious to try them but a Little bit nervous, because I think my hypometabolism is protective against oxidative stres and so stuff that increases metabolism might br hard to tolerate until I deal w the toxicity issues. Although I was thinking of trying the alivebynature version first to see how I tolerate it.

jepps

@debored13 Hi, I'm was about to post that I think Thymosin Alpha 1 has been a game changer for me in a new post. I inject it subQ.

Thanks, confetti, for posting! Do you buy it online or with prescription? Sadly it´s hard to find an online-seller without prescription for EU. UK-peptides sells BPC and other peptides, but no Thyson Alpha 1.