• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thanks to Cort for the hard work...

kat0465

Yes, thank you Cort for all your hard work!!! i don't know how you do it, but I'mGlad you do!!!
Have a Great Holiday season.
Kat

George

waitin' fer rabbits
He beat his virus into submission. (grins) Congratulations Cort, you are doing a great job for the community.

Nielk

Hi Cort,:thumbsup:

We are lucky to have you on our court!!
Thank you for all your work on our behalf.

Nielk

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
:D:D

Thanks. I'm lucky I'm healthier than most and can do it. (I'm also lucky - thanks for my family - always got to acknowledge them - that I'm not spending all my energy at some job trying to get by -as so many people with CFS have.

Actually I have to thank my MCS for that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats what knocked me out of the workforce and into the internet. ;););)

There's a silver lining to everything.

Marg

Thanks Cort for trhe hard work

Yes, thank you Cort!

Thank you for all the hard and sometime frustrating work. You are the MAN! Maybe we could get you on the cover of "Time" before it is all said and done! You are right up there with the best, you have given people hope!

I think it's timely for us all to join in saying a big thank you to Cort for creating and maintaining Phoenix Rising.

Cort has put up with some very nasty and aggressive attacks from certain quarters within the ME/CFS world during the past year, and what has been most striking to me while I've been privileged to observe this process from behind the scenes has been the gracious, tolerant and peaceful way with which he has dealt with it, and the extraordinary lengths he has gone to in trying to allow the widest possible range of voices to express themselves here.

Some of these attacks have been so incredibly unfair and misguided, that it has at times been personally distressing for me to witness. The frustration and aggression that is sometimes expressed could not have been aimed at a more inappropriate target: an incredibly gentle and open man who has chosen to step up and try to make a difference, to bring change for the better, for all of us.

A certain amount of this kind of flak is sadly inevitable for anyone who stands up to be counted in the strange world of ME/CFS politics. We all of us carry a lot of anger and bitterness about what has been taken away from us, about the way society has disrespected us, and the very real sense that there must be someone, something, somewhere out of sight that is obstructing our cause leads us to cast around looking for somebody to blame. I am sure there are real culprits out there who do deserve this anger - those in authority who actually take the decisions that affect us and have the power to release the funding we so desperately need for research, and those who have muddied the waters with their support for spurious theories of psychosomatism - but those people are mostly hidden away, out of our sight - and so, sometimes, some of us take our frustration out on leaders within our own community who - as humans - are imperfect.

But it is so easy to attack our 'leaders' for failing to break through the walls of indifference that the authorities present to us, and so, so much harder to actually break down those walls oneself. We can only break down those walls together...and at this point I'll indulge myself a little and repeat once again the classic rallying call for the strength that comes from unity and reminds us of the real hope that history teaches us can be ours if we stand together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5HfOipwvts

This forum is a wonderful resource to the international ME/CFS community, and the fact that it exists at all is largely if not solely thanks to Cort. It has been my absolute privilege to get to know him and to work with him during the course of the last year, and so I take this opportunity to thank you, Cort, and to publicly express my support and my admiration for what you have achieved.

It's a massive understatement, but:

:Sign Good Job:

Nielk

The true measure of a man is how he behaves in times of adversity.

Cort is a great example to emulate.

CBS

Thanks Cort!

Cort, THANK YOU!

I cannot imagine a more deserving person. It's been an honor and a pleasure to get to know you.

:thumbsup:

And thank you Mark. I couldn't have said it any better.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
For sure Cort,

You have opened a lot of windows for us. Being able to "see" the bigger picture--research, news, advocacy, the lives of others like us--makes things a whole lot easier. Even on bad days, there is always something we can find here that is hopeful, interesting, funny, or just gets our blood moving.

Thanks so much! This place is our "hub," sort of like the neighborhood pub where we check-in daily for the news--a place where we feel we belong.

Sushi

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
Hey Cort - was that you?!!!!! Only seen your photo til now - Great to see you in an 'action movie' at the CFSAC!!

Many who write well, don't necessarily speak so well and vice versa - but I got to say - you do BOTH REALLY WELL!!! & to do it with ME/CFS to boot is quite something. You are an all round talented guy.

Thank you! (from the other side of the 'pond'!) :)

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thank you so much Cort for all the work that you do. I for one would not be anywhere near as well as i am now without the help and support i have had at Phoenix Rising. You are a STAR!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yes, thank you, Cort - Phoenix Rising is easily the best resource I've seen for patients in 25 years of being ill. It wouldn't work without someone who really cares about people in charge - you do a fantastic job.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

L'engle

moogle
I add my thanks to all the others here. What you have set up is very important and life-improving to so many of us!