Supporting B2 to R5P conversion?

xena

Hi all, I seen to be a poor convertor to active r5p. The supplement form of r5p irritates my guts, both brands I tried.

However, I seem to need more active b2 to avoid overmethylation. (Helps to drive mthfr and store glycine appropriately and buffer methyl donors, I think.)

Any ideas on how to support b2 activation?

xena

Well, I just discovered niacin is probably necessary.

Will try it and report back!

xena

truth be told, i don't know. i got really anxious from sulfite overproduction from the extra betaine i was consuming. i dropped my dose of b2 and didn't take it for several days. niacin did not prevent me from needing the extra b2 for sure. i don't know if its helping to activate the b2 yet.

as an aside, a big dose - 100 mg of zinc picolinate- seems to really help my energy. along with scram- an antiparasitic.

truth be told, i don't know. i got really anxious from sulfite overproduction from the extra betaine i was consuming. i dropped my dose of b2 and didn't take it for several days. niacin did not prevent me from needing the extra b2 for sure. i don't know if its helping to activate the b2 yet.

as an aside, a big dose - 100 mg of zinc picolinate- seems to really help my energy. along with scram- an antiparasitic.
Why dont you try the active form r5p

Kadar

@xena selenium, iodine and molybdenum if I remember correctly do that. Somebody on this forum mentioned it earlier

xena

@xena selenium, iodine and molybdenum if I remember correctly do that. Somebody on this forum mentioned it earlier
thanks so much! i started taking those for an unrelated reason and believe I'm seeing some positive shifts. not clear if with the methylation issue but its definitely improved my appetite.