• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stem Cells

D

deb obrien

cheney - placental stem cell treatments

hi - has anyone on this list had this treatments with cheney's protocol in panama or costa rica? looking for all the info i can find - i'm now doing some of the stem cell factors and would love to do this treatment but would like to chat with someone who has done it firts...
thanks,
deb

jenbooks

May I ask where you're getting the stem cell factors? I use Atrium peptides and they are helpful but I'd be curious to try some of these too. Thanks!

D

deb obrien

cell signalling factors

hi - my docs are in santa rosa, ca and they are afilliated with dr cheney - i don't now what the protocol here is in mentionning names of docs...since i've been on the heart one - for several months - i have not had any chest pain - otherwise no change. thanks for the ref to atrium peptides....
deb

mojoey

Stem Cells for chronic lyme + chronic EBV?

I just found out this morning that stem cells are already approved for chronic EBV. http://www.examiner.com/x-12321-Newark-Lyme-Disease-Examiner~y2009m6d10-Stem-cell-treatment-for-Lyme-disease

I was really surprised considering how contentious stem cells for chronic lyme has been. Here is the blog of the lyme patient that went to india for chronic lyme.
http://healthcarehacks.com/channel/the-india-story

I'm seeing Dr Peterson tomorrow. Since he seems to focus on viruses (and mycoplasma, toxo--not lyme) I'm definitely gonna ask him for his take on stem cells for CFS.

PWB

Doctor in Santa Clara

Hi,

Which doctor in Santa Clara? I'm thinking of going to that doctor if they are affiliated with Dr. Cheney.

thanks,

InvertedTree

I tried the Cell Signaling Factor (Deb-we go to the same doctor) for about 5 months and got a tiny bit of improvement.

The only problem was I was living in a toxic mold environment so anything I tried during that time wouldn't have had a chance at working.

I would like to try them again and see what happens.

They are in contact with Dr. Cheney and other top ME docs.

Is it okay to post doctor's names here?

PWB-I'll send you a private message with the names.

mojoey

Not sure if anyone has started a thread on this, but would love to get a collection of feedback from patients that have gone to Costa Rica/Mexico/elsewhere to get stem cell treatment for CFS.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
That would be nice! I hope there are some patients on here who are willing to do that. I wonder how many of his patients had taking them? Any Cheney patients over the past year or so in here? It would be fascinating to hear on any aspect of his treatment protocol.

mojoey

animal stems

I just wanted to mention that stem cells, albeit pig and not human, are part of my current protocol which Ive detailed in the thread "My Treatment with NT and Homeopathics"

Dr. Bigelsen's office used to send patients down to a few of the names I was actually investigating for placental and umbilical cord stem cells, but due to mixed results started administering animal stem cells himself. I think he has since stopped sending patients down south due to the results he's achieved with these animal stem cells, which are taken orally or through injections and far cheaper of course at $100/vial. He said pig stem cells, when taken orally, get to the target area--brain, liver, umbilicus etc--80% of the time
Of course, if I end up having to take them for say 2 years to get the same results, that would cost around the same as one round of human stem cells (a low estimate) but also there's the opportunity cost of taking it for a much longer period of time.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Cheney patients & stem cells

Hi Cort & all,

I am not one of Cheney's stem cell patients but one of my close friends is. She was extremely ill and looking at death not too far down the road. She went to Panama once in May for stem cell infusion (placental) and experienced really significant improvement. She also had the experience that others have reported of needing to sleep much, much more for a few weeks afterwards.

Her cognitive and physical capabilities improved really significantly. She decided to go to Panama for more treatment in September and received infusions with greater numbers of stem cells and also more infusions than the first visit. When I speak to her on the phone, it sounds like a different person--cognitively, strength and clarity of expression, etc.

She also reports continued gains in physical stamina and normalization of lab tests. This therapy seems to continue its effect for many months. I know we are all watching this with a lot of interest. Again, the cost factor looms large for most of us.

I'll report on her (with her permission) in the coming weeks.

Sushi

Hysterical Woman

Hi Cort & all,

I am not one of Cheney's stem cell patients but one of my close friends is. She was extremely ill and looking at death not too far down the road. She went to Panama once in May for stem cell infusion (placental) and experienced really significant improvement. She also had the experience that others have reported of needing to sleep much, much more for a few weeks afterwards.

Her cognitive and physical capabilities improved really significantly. She decided to go to Panama for more treatment in September and received infusions with greater numbers of stem cells and also more infusions than the first visit. When I speak to her on the phone, it sounds like a different person--cognitively, strength and clarity of expression, etc.

She also reports continued gains in physical stamina and normalization of lab tests. This therapy seems to continue its effect for many months. I know we are all watching this with a lot of interest. Again, the cost factor looms large for most of us.

I'll report on her (with her permission) in the coming weeks.

Sushi

Hi Sushi,

Very exciting. Yes, please keep us updated.

As I have posted in other threads, I have a very close friend who is seeing Cheney. She has not done the stem cell infusion but a few months back she started having really good results from his other protocols altho I know not everyone who follows the protocols gets better.

She is in the middle of a major family problem and seems to be holding up pretty well considering the circumstances. When that calms down, I hope to be able to persuade her to post here.

Take care,

Maxine

calzy

My best friend was Cheneys first patient to receive stem cells in Costa Rica, She finally has a life and is doing well, her body seems to be trying to catch up with wellness. Sounds weird, dont know how to explain it. Interestingly, she tested negative for XMRV, after the stem cell treatment, was tested by WPI. it may have changed but she told me Cheney is holding off on any more trips to give WPI a chance to continue their research.

Hysterical Woman

My best friend was Cheneys first patient to receive stem cells in Costa Rica, She finally has a life and is doing well, her body seems to be trying to catch up with wellness. Sounds weird, dont know how to explain it. Interestingly, she tested negative for XMRV, after the stem cell treatment, was tested by WPI. it may have changed but she told me Cheney is holding off on any more trips to give WPI a chance to continue their research.

Hi Calzy,

Thanks for posting! Very exciting for your friend!

Sounds prudent for Dr. Cheney to be holding off on the stem cell treatment, altho some of his patients must be disappointed.

Please keep us updated when you can.

Take care,

Maxine

Not sure if anyone has started a thread on this, but would love to get a collection of feedback from patients that have gone to Costa Rica/Mexico/elsewhere to get stem cell treatment for CFS.

Thanks Joey *wink wink nudge nudge*

Yes I did...I went to Costa Rica for Stem Cells. I am NOT one of Cheney's patients either.
After a long drive and lying down (obviously not ME driving and lying down a the same time LOL!) I went to Dr. Cheney's presentation on April 25th, 2009. Cell Associated Therapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Is this the Next Frontier? We spoke after the presentation.

Please let me stress...ALOT was done in preparation and MASSIVE research, many hours of thoughtful introspection to be able to go for stem cells.
3 months alone was spent on my gut, as well as a modified diet and a retreat to a friends house for 2 weeks with *no stress* before I left the country.
The whole process was TOTALLY amazing. I spent alot of time speaking with 2 Dr's. from Costa Rica, re: my case, my research, and ideas (including Cheney's format re: corruption of the cells without his CSF's and protocol and general fees for visits etc.)
After literally thousands of hours of research and phone calls, I DID IT!
I am definitely glad I did. Good things are happening.
Was hesitant to post, I am in my second month as of today!
All I know now is this journey will be worth it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Weldman,

My friend who went to Panama (twice!) for stem cell infusion is doing very well. I understand the comment about catching up with wellness. She has been very sick for so long she is having to re-learn--physically and emotionally--how to live again.

She was tested by WPI and so far is in the "pending" group.

Sushi

Hysterical Woman

Thanks Joey *wink wink nudge nudge*

Yes I did...I went to Costa Rica for Stem Cells. I am NOT one of Cheney's patients either.
After a long drive and lying down (obviously not ME driving and lying down a the same time LOL!) I went to Dr. Cheney's presentation on April 25th, 2009. “Cell Associated Therapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Is this the Next Frontier?” We spoke after the presentation.

Please let me stress...ALOT was done in preparation and MASSIVE research, many hours of thoughtful introspection to be able to go for stem cells.
3 months alone was spent on my gut, as well as a modified diet and a retreat to a friends house for 2 weeks with *no stress* before I left the country.
The whole process was TOTALLY amazing. I spent alot of time speaking with 2 Dr's. from Costa Rica, re: my case, my research, and ideas (including Cheney's format re: corruption of the cells without his CSF's and protocol and general fees for visits etc.)
After literally thousands of hours of research and phone calls, I DID IT!
I am definitely glad I did. Good things are happening.
Was hesitant to post, I am in my second month as of today!
All I know now is this journey will be worth it.

Hi Molly,

Welcome to the forums!! Very exciting news for you! Please, please keep us updated. You are very brave!

Take care,

Maxine