• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starting LDA while in a crash — good idea?

Hi,

i’m either in a long, very severe crash right now or i have permanently lowered my baseline. It’s been 2-3 months with no improvement. I’m really suffering. Can barely tolerate screens, no stimulation rest 23 hours a day.

Should I start LDA? I seriously cannot afford to lose any more function than i already have. My caregivers are in denial about my condition and i’m afraid they wouldn’t provide me with the care i’d need. I’ve read that Abilify has made some people crash very badly or even permanently made them worse. Also, i’m already on Mirtazapine and Seroquel for sleep. Please, i need advice. Thank you.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
This member also wondered the same thing: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/abilify-during-crash-save-crash.87401/

Also there is a FB group. I think it's called Abilify for ME/CFS. I haven't been watching the group for a while but I think others asked the question there too.

If you do find you want to start it, I would say do extremely low dose.

Also there are some other things that have helped some members like LDN (Low dose Naltrexone). There are threads on that too.

Have you also been tested for POTS? I think a lot of us have that too. Celandine talked about her daughter improving when they started to address that.

I'm sorry you're going through that with your caregivers. Hope you can find something to help you.
Saying a prayer for your situation. This is hard to go through. Glad you found PR.

thank you for your compassion @Judee. i can tolerate screens in very short intervals so i didn’t do a good job searching the forum. thanks for pointing me to that thread.

i have tried LDN for a few months and unfortunately it didn’t work

Jessie 107

I am taking 2mg of Abilify and have been for about 3 years. It doesn't make me crash, I have less crashes now but if I do crash they are much less severe than before Abilify and they don't last as long.