• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore Throat / Mood Virus & China "HIV-Like" Virus

@Hip
Thanks for answering. Hope that it s not connected to the virus. Do you have the burning feeling in the nose? And I m sneezing more than before

Hip

Do you have the burning feeling in the nose?

No, but some very mild chronic nasal congestion due to mucus build-up, and a sense of inflammation in the nose or sinuses.

I am not sure if my virus is the same as the Chinese HIV-like virus though.

@Hip
I have this inflammation feeling in my nose from the beginning of my infection. My husband have got hemangiomas in the spleen and liver. He also got one big stone in his gallbladder and was obliged to remove it. All theses thinks happened to him one year max after the infection

Hip

@Hip
I have this inflammation feeling in my nose from the beginning of my infection. My husband have got hemangiomas in the spleen and liver. He also got one big stone in his gallbladder and was obliged to remove it. All theses thinks happened to him one year max after the infection

One person who had my virus required gallbladder removal.

It's possible that several different viruses may trigger these sort of health issues, but medical people do not normally make the connection between an infection caught say one or two years ago, and a health problem that appears later.

I think as science advances, there will be a better understanding of how infections can lead to health issues many months later.

One person who had my virus required gallbladder removal.

It's possible that several different viruses may trigger these sort of health issues, but medical people do not normally make the connection between an infection caught say one or two years ago, and a health problem that appears later.

I think as science advances, there will be a better understanding of how infections can lead to health issues many months later.
How is Omar? Do you have any Idea about his health? Is he better or not

Hi all,

For those of you who know @Hip and have read his blog, he has done a fantastic job detailing the effects of the 'Sore Throat / Mood Virus' - I believe I have this or the China "HIV-like" virus, most likely the latter, though I believe the two are closely related.

The weird part is that initially I developed the classic post-exertional malaise, so bad in fact that i had to lay down for 2-3 hours after working out, and had very bad bouts of tachyardia. Now (6-12 months later), instead I wake up groggy and cloudy headed for most of the morning, and then I feel more clear headed after I exercise.

The symptoms of these two illnesses are well documented on the internet, in no small part because they seem to both induce incredibly detrimental mental effects. I'll spare you my timeline of symptoms, as I've luckily finished that stage of the illness :) - the uncontrollable mental anxiety, paranoia, suicidal ideation, etc. I'm now just left with lower energy, anhedonia, more depressed mood and lower libido.

However, I believe I have discovered certain patterns from my illness and those who I've unfortunately given it to around me. I'm not sure why people are not connecting certain dots, and I would like to posit what I believe to be certain impacts, and see if the collective intelligence of this forum can help garner further insights via inductive reasoning.

Here goes:
- Connective Tissue: these illnesses unquestionably have impact on connective tissue, and/or subcutaneous layers of fat. In the acute stage, I had massive amounts of ketones in my urine as I lost an unhealthy amount of weight in a matter of weeks. Aside from the skin thinning / wrinkling symptoms that are well documented as mentioned above, later others around me developed clear signs of connective tissue problems such as plantar fasciitis in their feet, or rapid onset degeneration of hip tissue leading to a diagnosis of needing immediate hip replacement.

- Hormones / Neurotransmitters: I know unequivocally that these are impacted by the illness. I followed the trail of my symptoms and it was eventually discovered that I was completely deficient in Epinephrine and Norepinephrine, which apparently is the result of Dopamine not being converted to these two neurotransmitters. Another I have unfortunately infected before realizing it (female) all of a sudden bled non-stop vaginally for many months, and had to take high levels of progesterone to get it to stop. Doctors could not figure out why. In addition, reports from both viruses display weight loss, followed by weight gain around the belly, which is usually related to hormones (unless there is a direct infection of tissue elsewhere in the body so the body stores the fat elsewhere? But that seems like a reach and hormones make more sense, since I know for sure they are impacted).

- Anxiety / Anhedonia / Suicidal Ideation: I suspect these are somehow related to the primitive brain stem / HPA axis and related to hormones above. Again, I do not know if it is a direct infection or the systems being thrown off (sympathetic / parasympathetic)

- White Coated Tongue: This seems to be part of what makes the China sufferers believe it is related to HIV. However, Candida coated tongue occurs in late staged AIDs, not early HIV infection. In addition, in my own infection I discovered that it was not candida as it did not respond to anti-fungals, but rather a seeming bacterial imbalance. I discovered that Chinese Traditional Medicine considers this to be caused by a spleen imbalance

- Liver / Spleen pain: Initially I presumed they were swollen; now I wonder if the loss of connective tissue is actually causing them to have harder contact with the ribs or other surrounding organs (maybe a crazy theory)

- Spine: I had a bout of viral (?) meningitis. It did happen after taking Doxycycline. Initially I thought it was a reaction to the medicine, then I wondered if it was herx reaction. Now I wonder if it simply lowered my immune system and allowed the virus to spread further and faster. Now I have to do chiro every 1-2 weeks or my spine stiffens up to the point of significant distraction.

My questions:
1)
Is it likely to be a pathogen that directly infects connective tissue? Or somehow causes the body to metabolize it to fight the infection elsewhere? I think the former.
2) Is there a type of tissue that is present through the skin, nervous system, HPA axis, and possibly the gut? My theory here is that the virus enters the digestive system and the gut lining, and permeates throughout the body in this way.

Since it is anecdotally, but fairly well, documented that these viruses pass via saliva and other close contact, and not sexually per se, it stands to reason the virus passes respiratory and/or via the digestive system. My theory is that it infects some type of tissue that is present in the gut lining, subcutaneous fat tissues, connective tissues, nervous system, main organs (heart/spleen/liver) and primitive brain - perhaps some type of cell that is present in all of these?
HI fever dreams,
Like you I have got ketones in my urine during Tha acute period of my infection. How you got this virus? You think it s the Chinese hiv like disease?

@Hip
Please do you have any information about Omar and hachuchu and any other person yo know with the hiv like Chinese virus? Are they okay?

Hip

Please do you have any information about Omar and hachuchu and any other person yo know with the hiv like Chinese virus? Are they okay?

I believe I answered this question before in previous posts, you can search my posts if you like.

Put Hanchuchu or Omar in the search box at page top right.

Last edited:
I can t find any one with the Chinese hiv like disease who have inflammation in the gut. After almost 4 years I have inflammation in colon and small intestines confirmed by a colonoscopy. It s classified under the non specific inflammatory bowel disease. I m very scared from bowel cancer caused by this virus. I have read in an internet article that with this virus there is a tendency of gut cancer. Any suggestions ease? Someone have like me got inflammationion in intestines? I m terrified

Hey guys I just joined the forum. Ive spoke wit
h hip on his page on wordpress. Anyways would either one of you guys be willing to cover your face and speak about what your going through? Im trying to make this public.
HI everydayimsuffring,
How are you? Is your health better?
I m still suffering especially from gut problems. Inflammation in colon and small intestines
Do you suffer from such problems?

Have you tried the high dose selenium protocol, to see if its antiviral effects may improve this inflammation? That worked well for me. 400 mcg of selenium daily on an empty stomach.
Thanks hip
I have tryed the selenium but not in high dose.
I will buy it and try again in the dose you told me. I m really scared I feel the discomfort and pain in my colon and small intestines. Inflammation is non stop there. God help me I m scared.

Hip

I will buy it and try again in the dose you told me.

For my protocol, either yeast-free selenomethionine is used, or alternatively methylselenocysteine (also called Se-methylselenocysteine and L-Se-methylselenocysteine).

Takes about 10 days to see results.

For my protocol, either yeast-free selenomethionine is used, or alternatively methylselenocysteine (also called Se-methylselenocysteine and L-Se-methylselenocysteine).

Takes about 10 days to see results.
Something else that I got from the beginning of this infection is a mild fatty liver. I never had fatty liver before. I think it s a viral fatty liver. Do you have got this hip with your virus? I also have got ketones in urine during the acute viral infection period and I have lost wheight

Hip

Something else that I got from the beginning of this infection is a mild fatty liver. I never had fatty liver before. I think it s a viral fatty liver. Do you have got this hip with your virus?

Yes, I was diagnosed with fatty liver. But fatty liver is common.

Do you have the anxiety symptom that the virus can cause? If so, this anti-anxiety protocol may help. It made a profound improvement in my anxiety.

Yes, I was diagnosed with fatty liver. But fatty liver is common.

Do you have the anxiety symptom that the virus can cause? If so, this anti-anxiety protocol may help. It made a profound improvement in my anxiety.
I m really anxious because I have the feeling that I will finish with a colon cancer. I m farting much also and it s smelling bad. Even my 3 years and 3 months old son have same type of farting from when he was a baby. I m scared for my family. God it s a nightmare!

Hip

I m really anxious because I have the feeling that I will finish with a colon cancer.

The virus itself may affect your brain, making you more prone to anxiety and worry. That's why the anti-anxiety supplements I linked to above can help. You may find that once you reduce the anxiety that is present in the brain, you will not be so worried.

I was in the same position: I worried at lot about the virus, but after I got anxiety under control with those supplements, I was able to relax, and my worries were much less. I found the best anti-anxiety supplement it N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG), which is reasonably cheap. I use the Jarrow brand of N-acetyl glucosamine. NAG may also help fight the virus.

Yes, everyone with my virus tends to produce more flatulence.

@Hip
I m sure that I have the Chinese hiv like virus. The inflammatory pain in my colon and small intestines is terrible. Inflammation is there and it s damaging alla my gut. I will finish with a coletoral cancer. Alla this inflammation there will cause cancer. I m suffering too much. My face is not same like before. Loss of fat and shrink. Muscle also not like before. Hair loss and less skin elasticity. Heeeeeelp