• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Social Security Disability (SSDI) Resources of Interest (US)

There are a lot of free or low cost community services. There is a free clinic in my area that has volunteer doctors who help the poor and homeless. There are free legal services where you can get a short consultation with an attorney. There is the food pantry, people get bags of food. The red cross has some services available as do various city and state agencies. Its important to look around to see what resources may be available.

There may be discounts on property tax for handicapped people and low income. There are often senior discounts at stores. If you get turned down for a benefit, keep applying over and over with new info if possible.

People have made money on sideline businesses like going to yard and garage sales to pick up interesting looking items and put them on ebay. If you knit or paint perhaps you can sell your work. You could offer to baby sit There are a few legit work at home systems but most of them are scams so be very careful. Anything that requires you to pay upfront is likely to be a scam. I know most of those things probably sound too hard but you may find something you can do that pays off.

Back