• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sleep meds

serenity

glad that stuff is working for you Caroljean. i develop a tolerance to meds pretty quickly too. i'm afraid my sleep issues are past the Kava Gaba Worty Rooty stuff, i tried all of that for over a decade trying not to give in to meds. but i gave in, & now i sleep better - tho i have other isseus, all the dang meds come with side effects. it's obviously far better for you to not have to use the hard core stuff, so i hope it keeps working for you. i have a friend who also has IC who swears by all the 5HTP NAC SamE stuff.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have been given a presciption of the dreaded rohypnol, the date rape drug, as i have tried everything. The first time i took it i thought wow im going to get some good sleep tonight. It made me groogy but 2 hours later i still couldnt sleep, it just wouldnt turn the switch off, so i had a small dose of mirtazipine with it and slept great. Mirtazipine was also a new med for me, although i have used it in the past, on its own it makes me abit groggy but doesnt turn the switch off but works well with a benzo. So now what i have up my sleeve is mirtazipine with rohypnol or imovane/zopiclonex2, or i take rohypnol or mirtazipine with a antihistamine so theres about 4 different combo's i use, plus the occassional seroquel. Last night i took 100mg of seroquel and slept 1 hour then added another 50mg and got nowhere and then took 1 imovane and then slept well, so what started as an 8 o'clock bed time turned into a 1am bed time, lol. Im suprised how poorly the seroquel worked although i had a very flat day that day, maybe my body had alot of viral crap floating around stopping me from sleeping.

I have tried all the natural stuff as well and found it was really hit and miss and not that effective for me, then i decided to jump ship and go the drug route, i know without these meds i would be feeling even worse. sleep is my achilles heel, aaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!

cheers!!!

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I would never be able to take prescrptions for sleep. I can't take pain pills either. After surgeries, I can't have any! Anyway, I have had wonderful luck with supplements like meletonin and Metarest. You just have to have the right dose. After using them for a while, I very rarely need anything now.