• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

Valentijn

@Valentijn, this Sanum issue describes on the example Mucor racemosus, what happens in the body:
They claim that every cell of every animal is infected with the fungus, but provide no support for that statement. Is there another source which backs up this claim?

Additionally, they assert that environmental changes trigger it to become pathogenic. Again, I don't see any source, regarding either the existence of both harmless and pathogenic varieties, nor that it transforms, nor that environmental stressors trigger such a change.

That document also claims that Pleo Muc acts to "decongest the blood of the body". Apparently they believe that this somehow transforms the harmful fungus into a harmless one, and this resolves any circulatory problems. Is there any published research regarding Pleo Muc which supports this claim?

The only source which seems to be mentioned is a German book written 90 years ago. It doesn't strike me as a particularly reliable source, especially if the claims within have not been peer-reviewed and published in a journal, nor replicated by anyone else.

South

Is there any published research regarding Pleo Muc which supports this claim?

Pleo Muc is a homeopathic product; most homeopathic products have never been in a placebo-controlled study. [Note: my earlier incorrect sentence has now been removed from this post]. Whether they work for most people or not - well, there's no easy answer to that.

So it comes down to word of mouth and self-trial, for those wishing to try them; some people are interested in trying unproven remedies and some are not interested. A personal choice each person makes.

Last edited:

Valentijn

Pleo Muc is a homeopathic product; most homeopathic products have never been in a placebo-controlled study, because the products are not patentable and thus no one can make much profit on them. Whether they work for most people or not - well, there's no easy answer to that.
Actually homeopathic products are quite often patented. Sanum itself gets 495 results when searching at www.google.com/patents - at least some of them are for homeopathic products (versus delivery methods). One example is http://google.com/patents/EP0342416A2?cl=de

jepps

Actually homeopathic products are quite often patented. Sanum itself gets 495 results when searching at www.google.com/patents - at least some of them are for homeopathic products (versus delivery methods). One example is http://google.com/patents/EP0342416A2?cl=de

This is not a research, but a pilot study over 3 months: they treated 944 patients with candida and Aspergillus with Sanum. This result shows the igM Titier of Candida and Aspergillus before and after treatment. The igG Titer were slightly increased during the therapy. The rate of success (reduced igM Titer) was 89,6%. The stool test before treatment showed not always fungi, but during treatment fungi was excreted.

http://www.mweisser.50g.com/mykosen.pdf

Unbenannt.PNG

Valentijn

This is not a research, but a pilot study over 3 months: they treated 944 patients with candida and Aspergillus with Sanum. This result shows the igM Titier of Candida and Aspergillus before and after treatment. The igG Titer were slightly increased during the therapy. The rate of success (reduced igM Titer) was 89,6%. The stool test before treatment showed not always fungi, but during treatment fungi was excreted.

http://www.mweisser.50g.com/mykosen.pdf

View attachment 10270
Fascinating. It looks like they managed to lose more than half of their patients between the "before" and "after" periods. They went from 180 tested for Candida down to 78. And from 154 patients tested for Aspergillus down to 54.

With 57% - 65% of subjects leaving, it's hard to make anything sensible of the data. And if there were anything to make of it, there would be "before" results listed solely for the patients who stuck around long enough to make into the "after" group, so that there'd be a better indication of actual improvement.

As it is, we don't know if 6 of the 7 patients with 1:320 titers for Aspergillus moved into a lower-titer group, or if they didn't improve at all but dropped out.

melamine

@Valentijn - You came onto this thread with a couple of requests in the form of demands right off the bat. To one of those, information was provided to you even though links had already been posted for that purpose.

Do you have anything constructive or interesting to add to the conversation? because you appear to be here for the sole purpose of being argumentative. Skepticism has its place. Knowing when and where it is appropriate and how to use it is part of being considerate of others.

A member who comes onto a thread with no sincere interest in the topic itself, and then proceeds to demand proof of its legitimacy, is, in my culture, considered rude. A passionate discussion on the merits of homeopathy, if that is what you want, is a topic for another forum.

You are obviously quite capable of researching when it serves your purpose. I suggest if you have any more interest in the topic on this thread, that you please do your own research in the same way that others of us here do, instead of expecting others to do it for you.

As to your questions, you leave the distinct impression that you have already answered them yourself to your own satisfaction.

whodathunkit

So let's just ignore anyone who comes in the thread not being helpful and is obviously trying to distract from the real topic at hand, shall we? It's a common tactic for forum members to bust into a thread and to try to mold the conversation to their standards...in this case, attempting to insist that scientific rigor be applied to a long-standing alternative healing protocol, but the distraction technique can be used with a variety of twists. It doesn't only happen at PR, either...it happens at health boards all over the 'net. It's a shame some people can't tolerate alternative opinions, but there ya go.

These people have every right to post wherever they want, as long as they're not abusive, but this inconsiderate tactic should be relegated to its proper place: background noise.

Jeez. <eyeroll>

Or we can always use the "Ignore" feature in our profiles, if it comes to that. :thumbsup:

Or we can look at it as people being overzealous in believing we can't think for ourselves, and that they're actually trying to help us when we're too stupid to help ourselves. In which case we can indulgently overlook it, mentally pat them on the head, and still put it in the background. :angel:

Aaaaaanyway...I haven't gotten any of the Sanum protocol products yet, but I did receive some Pleo Muc eyedrops.

@Asklipia, how many drops per day? Or just a couple times per week, etc. My instructions are in German which I can't read. Too tired to transcribe into Google Translate. If you could spoon-feed me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Last edited:

leela

I'm late to the party, so could someone point me to the thread that this one grew out of so I can catch up? Also, what is meant by "RS"?
Thanks!

ariel

I'm quite happy to change the font of the bits of text that I copied. Perhaps it is a teeny bit hard on the eyes -- so thanks for pointing it out Valentijn.
Let me know if there are more that feel that way. Can easily change it to a darker blue or dark grey. :thumbsup:

Leela, RS means Resistant Starch. There is a giant thread on it in the gut forum:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/

Basically it involves increasing the amount of fermentable fibre in your diet. The fibre isn't for you per se, but for your gut bugs. The easiest way to do that is to consume starches. Potato starch, mung bean starch, baobab, acacia, larch, psyllium, inulin, etc. etc.
However most with any kind of on-going illness (like everyone here!), and gut dysbiosis run into a fair bit of discomfort when introducing these starches. So it can be best to take a range of probiotics, plus take some botanicals to ensure that there isn't an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine (such as oregano oil, berberine, olive leaf, etc, etc).

The homeopathics that Jepps' therapist recommended could be another way of getting to the candida and mould issues that seem to underlie gut dysfunction.

Asklipia

I did receive some Pleo Muc eyedrops.

@Asklipia, how many drops per day? Or just a couple times per week, etc. My instructions are in German which I can't read. Too tired to transcribe into Google Translate. If you could spoon-feed me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for starting the new thread!

It says one drop in the morning and one at night. However, I found that starting with one drop every other day is safest, because in my case, it brought in the beginning blurry vision and I excreted stuff from my eyes. A sure sign that it is not just water!
I also had pimples on my cheekbones. Something is definitely going on.

jepps

Thank you @whodathunkit and @melamine for your posts. Policy discussions, if homoepathic remedies work or not, should be discussed in an own thread. Critical posts are helpful, but general discussions not. And Sanum is not really homoepathie, it is made up of real fungi substances, it´s no placebo.

Fungi is the root of many diseases. We know, that everywhere, where cancer grows, grows fungi. There is a link between lyme and mold, and carious disease is in reality a systemic candida+streptococcus infection. If we had carious teeth as a child (as I had), we have a good chance, that we had systemic candida infection as child. When we have systemic candida infection already as a child, we have a good chance to
- develope arthritis and other rheumatic illnesses via the cell wall of candida beta glucan
- have no defense against other infections, as candida suppresses immunity via the cell wall of candida mannan
- develope histamine problems via acetaldehyde, that candida produces.

We need a natural approach against systemic fungi. Medicaments works as long, as we take them. Long term treatment of herbs for fungi are to hard for a compromised gut. As fungi is in the air, we never can kill fungi, but we weaken the gut flora with long term chemical medicaments or strong herbs. As Gemma states:
GemmaMarch 10, 2015 at 1:17 AM
"kill fungus"
You do not want to kill all the fungi, you only want them to behave. It is not the same.

This is the philosophy of Dr. Enderlein and Sanum therapy, Sanum works in this way: it builds up the symbiosis in the gut. So does RS+fibres+probiotics, but Sanum works not only in the gut, but systemic. And it´s a good feeling for me to do and to think in this way: "We build up our immunity in our gut", not "We kill anything".

ariel

Policy discussions, if homoepathic remedies work or not, should be discussed in an own thread. Critical posts are helpful, but general discussions not.

Agree wholeheartedly.
Can it also please be remembered that Jepps is simply letting others know about something which was given to her by her health therapist which has worked for her. She (nor anyone else) should not be expected to either defend an entire school of natural therapy, or this particular brand.

Ok. enough said!
:cool:

melamine

However, I found that starting with one drop every other day is safest, because in my case, it brought in the beginning blurry vision and I excreted stuff from my eyes. A sure sign that it is not just water!

@Asklipia - This is interesting because my tears are not clear, but a slightly brownish color.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Who can say a few words of opinion on why some people are prone to candida and other fungi and others are not? (not about SNPs, please, but about what is different in the intestines and elsewhere)

melamine

Who can say a few words of opinion on why some people are prone to candida and other fungi and others are not? (not about SNPs, please, but about what is different in the intestines and elsewhere)

@Sherlock - For me it was almost certainly way too much dental mercury - a predictable cause. Add in "poor" diet - not the worst but not the best either, multiple courses of antibiotics over the years with no restorative diet and probiotics during or after until recent years, stresses of different varieties.