• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Russian Immuno-modulators

Hip

Does anyone know if there are any studies on using Russian immunomodulators for chronic fatigue syndrome?

Russian immunomodulators include: arbidol, which is an immunostimulant and interferon inducer, with some efficacy against coxsackievirus B3 and B5. Arbidol has a very good safety profile.

Then there is tilorone (Amixin), an interferon inducer which stimulates the formation of alpha, beta and gamma interferons.

And cycloferon which is antiviral, immunomodulating and anti-inflammatory.

These drugs can be bought at: www.pharmacy1010.ru

The virtue of these drugs is that they are all relatively cheap. I tried 1 arbidol 100 mg tablet daily for a week as an initial experiment, without any noticeable improvements - but you might have to take these drugs longer than that, I guess.

No doubt these immunomodulators are not going to match the potency of having one month of daily intravenous interferon alpha / delta combination therapy (as used by Dr John Chia, which put many patients with enterovirus CFS into remission for one or two years). But with typical intravenous interferon therapy costing US$5000 per month, and with there being unpleasant side effects with intravenous interferon (like constant depression during the treatment), some of these mild and safe interferon inducers may be a cheaper alternative, albeit probably very much weaker one.

There are many more Russian / Eastern immunomodulators. Here is a comprehensive list: Amyxin, Amizon, Anandin, Arbidol, Blasten, Cycloferon, Galavit, Groprinosinc, Hepon, Immunoxel, Dzhcrelo, Kagoccl, Larifan, Ligfol, I.ikopid, Mebavin, MIG1-K-LP, V-5-Immunitor, SCV-07, Milife, Neovir, Poludan, Ragocin, Ridostin, Thymogen, Savratz.

These are not that well known in the West. More info here:

Synthetic and natural immunomodulators acting as interferon inducers

Immunomodulators In Russia

The Home Immunomodulators of the Last[est] Generation

Natural IFN alpha inducer supplements include:

Interferon Alpha Inducers:
Garlic
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
Astragalus
Bupleurum kaoi
Baicalin (from skullcap)
PABA

The last three (Bupleurum kaoi, baicalin and PABA) also stimulate interferon beta.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
They all look interesting especially some of the immunoglobulin injections, have read in the past how some people have had good response to immunoglobulin injections but i didnt know how to go about trying them, this site may be of help. Not alot of info on dosing though. I would be interested if anyone else has had experience with any of these products

heapsreal

cycloferon looks interesting as well as immunoglobulan and immunofan, all which can strength the immunesystem and help chronic infections. A study i am in , in australia is showing cfsers have reduce natural killer cell function compared with healthy controls, so these items i will be looking at using down the track after Im finished in this study. I cany get over how cheap their products are. I think i will start with the cycloferon as its the cheapest of what i want to try and doesnt need to be injected, but will discuss this with my doc.

Hip , do u know if these guys sell immunovir???

Frank

thanks for sharing, how do you know this company is reliable?
I did a simple Whois lookup, it's registered in Gibraltar, looks very suspicious

Cendano Corporation
Suite 2, Portland House,
Glacis Road, Gibraltar
Phone: 44-20-7681-3930

The russian site shows prices in dollars. Some english words in the russian part. I have some
Russian friends and i know most of them prefer there native language, instead of English.
I've looked up an ip, i'm not certain it's the correct one, but it's located in Houston, US

They have a lot of sites like this, where they sell things like tabac:
http://www.tabac-notaxe.com/forum/l.../groupe-cendano-corporation-limited-t343.html

Information on phone number range +44-20-7681-3930
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Number billable as: geographic
Country or destination: United Kingdom
City or exchange location: London
Original network provider: Telewest Communications Plc

Does anyone know what drug Dr. Chia is using now for coxsackie 4 and 5? I think he's gonig to a conference in London this month.

Pleconaril? Does anyone know how to get this drug? It's used for enteroviruses but it not FDA approved.

Hip

thanks for sharing, how do you know this company is reliable?
I did a simple Whois lookup, it's registered in Gibraltar, looks very suspicious

I was originally recommend this www.pharmacy1010.ru site by a Russian biologist who has a CFS-like illness, and said she used pharmacy1010 herself. I've bought drugs from them several times. Items take up to 3 weeks to arrive, but they always arrive.

Last edited:

Hip

I tried arbidol for one week, and tilorone for one week, but did not notice any immediate gains. However, perhaps you need to take them for longer (like a month or so) to get benefits, and perhaps a lot depends on your own genetics, or the particular viruses / bacteria that are behind your CFS.

I am planning to try cycloferon next, and as this is one of the cheapest, I will buy say 6 weeks supply to test.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
This sounds terrible, but you may be able to get feedback through a forum at ww.drugbuyers.com. I'm definitely not prooting, but just providing as a reference for credibility. Then again they may not even be in business anymore. Hope it helps

heapsreal

Hi Hip, have you started cycloferon yet, if so hows it going? I have ordered enough for a 1 month supply so just waiting on its arrival, will keep u posted on how i go.

onebush

Hi,

I am going to Nancy Klimas's new clinic on July 12. I guess they will work me over and I will let you all know what happens. I know she is on board with low dose naltrextone since a friend is a patient.

Hip

Hi Hip, have you started cycloferon yet, if so hows it going? I have ordered enough for a 1 month supply so just waiting on its arrival, will keep u posted on how i go.

Not yet. I am trying out many protocols, so trying cycloferon will have to wait a while.

I have found that with immune modulator( isoprinosine) that it takes at least a year for it to work - Nancy Klimas talks about this when she uses it. So it is no good trying these things for just a few months. I am using imunovir(isoprinosine) for the second time - I was extrmemly sick for 15 years but after taking it I had a 4 year "cure" ie I seemed cured after it taking 16 months - it took 16 months for me then to know that it had worked and I could go to the gym etc without a relapse. Unfortunately I stopped taking 6perday and reduced to 2 per day it because it was so expensive. I then, after 4 yuears of being completely well, had an enormous relpase after a very stressful time. I have been taking it again now for 15months and once again feel that it is working as everyday I can do more, I get tired but don't relapse as I would have in the past year. I know of others who have given up after 3 -6 months as they felt it wasn't working. I was still very sick 6 months on too, but just kept on as I had become so well before and the theory behind it and Nancy Klimas' research made me determined to keep on. Having said that I also believe it doesn't work for everyone so it is a gamble! An expensive gamble!

heapsreal

Hi Frankie, thanks for sharing your experience. Did u take 6 tabs a day all the time or did u alternate your doses and had periods of severals months where u took a break from it. Info that i have read on dosing seem to suggest alternating doses each week and using 2 months on and 2 months off. Yes immunovir is expensive, cycloferon seems cheaper and doses recommended are alternated. Im unsure of the reason for alternating doses for immunomodulators, I think its to help avoid tolerence but got no real idea why.

cheers!!!

I am Russian and used crazy amounts of our immunostimulators, including cycloferon, in hope to improve. Nada. If the amounts I injected didn't do it for me, I doubt they'll do much for you. I did minimum 60injections of Cycloferon, for example. As for 1010pharmacy, it's ridiculously expensive in comparisson with the actual cost of the medicines. I also tried Human immunoglbulin with no effect. It's not very concentrated to make a difference. People who do IV Ig, take much bigger consentrations.

Rita

Randalbond, if you are russian, can you tell us like is treated CFS in Russia?I mean in terms of drugs and in credibility of the CFS like a serious illness by the doctors and health authorities.Thanks

heapsreal

Hi randalband, I to am interested in whats used for cfs in russia. Is cycloferon a common treatment for cfs and do u know of anyone who it helped.

cheers!

They're still many doctors in Former Soviet Union (my mum inclusive) who don't believe that this condition exists. My experiment with immunostimulators has been my own idea. To my knowledge, Russia is not offering any cutting edge treatments for CFS. I never heard of anyone using Rituximab, IVIG or ampligen there. US is much better for it if you have the money. I know Russian CFS hospitals are all very, very expensive and there's no insurance to cover part of the cost. There they target certain infections, like CMV and it does help some people. Not sure if they do anything about Lyme positive patients.
If I had the money, I would go to Russia or Ukraine to get Mabthera (Rituximab), the more so that some people sell sulprus after cancer treatment cheaper than pharmacy price. And anyway, all medications can be bought without prescription (sounds like a fairy-tale, doesn't it? But true. Russia is not a part of the EU and has its own regulations).
By the way, any info on Norwegian trials with the drug? The should have finished their trial in June.