• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reduced heart rate variability predicts fatigue severity in individuals with cfs/me

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
@gbells , hope this helps: when I am in a or about to start in a PEM crash or have a "bad day" (activity level 2), my energy level/body battery is 5%. On a "good day" (activity level 3-4 for me), my body battery is in the 30%'s. I have rarely seen anything past 50%. I

Thanks Snap. Your ME profile says you had ME since 2019 so in 2 years you're at 45% of normal energy production non-ME.

My HRV 'scores' were mostly in the 80s and 90s. I was floored, honestly. A couple of times I dipped down into the 60s, but that was the lowest reading I got. Now, I know that if you are super drained you can end up with a high HRV score, but this was consistent.

Jyoti, we're talking about the energy reading not the HRV score. Do you have something comparable on your app and can you convert it to a high and low for energy?

My body battery is pretty much at 5% no matter what I do and how much I rest. (*laughs*)

How long have you had ME Abrin?

With ME's mitochondral fragmentation disabling aerobic ATP energy generation we would expect the worst reading if you are ok with blood glucose to be 10% so 5% is too low. How long have you had ME? If it wasn't due to low blood sugar (low glucose, insulin resistance, chromium deficiency, diabetes) you may want to look into boosting some adult energy supplements to get that up (ubiquinol, L-carnosine, nicotinamide riboside, shalijit).

I just did another set of Welltory initial HRV energy readings in the seated position resting. Post feeding pre-apoptosis it was up to 61% but three hours after restarting the cell growth inhibitors I felt a big spoons energy drop due to taking cell growth inhibitors for apoptosis and redid it and it was down to 25% which means apoptosis used up 36% of my energy reserves and that at the start I am 51% recovered from ME. This closely matches my spoons estimation. Great app.

I think we can use HRV energy monitoring to objectively determine when someone has fully recovered. Great discovery. Excellent contribution @Mary.

Last edited by a moderator:

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Guys and gals, the fancy monitoring gizmos are really intended for exercise readings. ME patients don't care about exercise values so just skip them, save the money and use your phone's video and flash to do it which is accurate if you use the same position, establish a baseline and make sure your finger is over the video camera and flash module of your phone. I always do them seated and relaxed in the morning and throughout the day. I recommend using the free Welltory app.

Abrin

How long have you had ME Abrin?

With ME's mitochondral fragmentation disabling aerobic ATP energy generation we would expect the worst reading if you are ok with blood glucose to be 10% so 5% is too low. How long have you had ME? If it wasn't due to low blood sugar (low glucose, insulin resistance, chromium deficiency, diabetes) you may want to look into boosting some adult energy supplements to get that up (ubiquinol, L-carnosine, nicotinamide riboside, shalijit).

I just did another set of Welltory initial HRV energy readings in the seated position resting. Post feeding pre-apoptosis it was up to 61% but three hours after restarting the cell growth inhibitors I felt a big spoons energy drop due to taking cell growth inhibitors for apoptosis and redid it and it was down to 25% which means apoptosis used up 36% of my energy reserves and that at the start I am 51% recovered from ME. This closely matches my spoons estimation. Great app.

I think we can use HRV energy monitoring to objectively determine when someone has fully recovered. Great discovery.

Thanks, but the problem is actually with the Garmin algorithm and not with my body.

I've had much more luck when it has come to accurate tracking with my Corsense.

Edited to add: It just occurred to me that I should mention why I think the algorithm gets it so wrong with me when it comes to the Body Battery. Since the body battery algorithm is made up from a combination of sleep, hr, and hrv my current hypothesis is because I sleep with so many blankets during the night that this is messing with its algorithm. The body's internal temperature can have a huge influence on your heart rate and can make your heart beat up to 10 beats per minute faster. My uneducated guess is that the Garmin algorithm is picking this up as 'stress' when I sleep and therefore never recharges my body battery.

Last edited by a moderator: