• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Project ENOUGH!!!

J

Judy Frederiksen

Sorry...I thought I was trying to do that...wasn't I? lol

taniaaust1

i wish that a thread for such a serious and good sounding project wasnt full of the disharmony it is.. it truely puts me off of reading it and makes me want to have nothing to do with the project as it seems all people are interested in is disagreeing with each other, instead of the project.

This thread is going to put many off of joining into this project and i think that is truely a pity. i wish thread could be deleted and one put about the project up without all the "fighting" going on back and forth. Many of us just dont want to be hearing all of it esp when we are looking for info on projects to help those with CFS/ME.

So what.. people have differences of opinion.. the bickering dont make anyone change their minds about what they believe and is a waste of energy which would be better put into more useful things.. such as project. CDC must love this disharmony.

im not going to read this thread again.. its given me a headache.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hey Tania,
Thanks for writing this, I fully agree.

So do I agree with Tania. Thread after thread seems to get hijacked by arguments about the CAA, and they have a tendency to get ugly. This seems particularly to be the case on threads to do with activism and it's a real shame - this kind of thing drives me away and I'm sure it does others.

I don't think that we can afford to have constructive plans for activism repeatedly derailed. We don't have the time or resources to spare.

I'd like to suggest that people who want to discuss the CAA, whether to criticise it or to counter that criticism, start up a thread that is only for that purpose. Then, whenever another thread gets interrupted by someone taking a pop at the CAA, they can be directed immediately to that thread. Or if someone thinks that the CAA's position on things is relevant to an argument they can say "I want to talk about the CAA's position on this because I think it's relevant so I'm going to do it on the CAA thread" and provide a link to that CAA thread.

I think we can have it all - good threads on activism and somewhere for people to talk about the CAA who want to.

V99

Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks Sasha, taniaaust1, awol, and leaves. :D

SOC

So do I agree with Tania. Thread after thread seems to get hijacked by arguments about the CAA, and they have a tendency to get ugly. This seems particularly to be the case on threads to do with activism and it's a real shame - this kind of thing drives me away and I'm sure it does others.

I don't think that we can afford to have constructive plans for activism repeatedly derailed. We don't have the time or resources to spare.

I'd like to suggest that people who want to discuss the CAA, whether to criticise it or to counter that criticism, start up a thread that is only for that purpose. Then, whenever another thread gets interrupted by someone taking a pop at the CAA, they can be directed immediately to that thread. Or if someone thinks that the CAA's position on things is relevant to an argument they can say "I want to talk about the CAA's position on this because I think it's relevant so I'm going to do it on the CAA thread" and provide a link to that CAA thread.

I think we can have it all - good threads on activism and somewhere for people to talk about the CAA who want to.

[my bolding]

Sasha, this is an excellent idea. If it can be enforced by the moderators, we can keep threads on topic much more easily.

It has the added benefit of providing a single place for the CAA to look, if someone has the time, energy, and inclination, for (hopefully) constructive criticism or kudos.

[my bolding]

Sasha, this is an excellent idea. If it can be enforced by the moderators, we can keep threads on topic much more easily.

It has the added benefit of providing a single place for the CAA to look, if someone has the time, energy, and inclination, for (hopefully) constructive criticism or kudos.

Excellent plan!

Greggory Blundell

IMO, it won't work, at least not for us. It will become a wastebasket thread, and most likely, the one thread the CAA will shun. Isn't it more important to tie issues to the CAA when and when those issues emerge? Won't isolating an observation about the CAA to a distinct thread take that message out of context and, accordingly, marginalize its significance?

V99

The last thread that did get closed and then reopened was a CAA thread.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
IMO, it won't work, at least not for us. It will become a wastebasket thread, and most likely, the one thread the CAA will shun. Isn't it more important to tie issues to the CAA when and when those issues emerge? Won't isolating an observation about the CAA to a distinct thread take that message out of context and, accordingly, marginalize its significance?

Hi Gregory - I've started a new thread to discuss the idea of having a CAA discussion thread.

Would you like to repost your message there?

Anybody wanting to talk about Project ENOUGH!!! can find a new thread called New, Improved Project Enough!!! thread started by awol to try to get the topic back on track.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Oh my! You are relentless aren't you? I'm saying that the original thread for Project Enough was fine..why was it removed? I DON'T mind if people disagree with me..but so far no one has! Put back the original thread..if one person said the "A" word and you or one of your people didn't like it then sensor that one comment not the whole thread...Geez Cort! Let's get back to the subject at hand!

Sometimes I am relentless, I agree :). Lets concentrate on Project Empower.

awol

I have noticed that this thread somehow got a "star" ranking. How does this work? Who decides this?

As from the outside this could easily be interpreted as a judgement of my project I find this extremely unfortunate.

leaves

HI Awol,
Everyone can vote for the quality of a thread (under "rate this thread", the button is on the right hand side on top of the screen. The average score will be displayed.

awol

ok, well could some people please consider giving some good votes to the new thread to counter this one?

muffin

I kinda thought you guys were going to be attacking the CAA on your forum. Was I wrong on that one? Correct me if I was wrong.

I want to make a public apology to Jspot of the CAA. It's been bothering me horribly that I have inflicted pain on her when I know that she is trying so very hard to do all the right things for us. I respect people who are loyal to their organizations - esp. those non-profits that are trying to help. She did not deserve to feel like the CAA punching bag and I don't want her to feel that way. I can't swing at people who are working hard and trying to do all the right things for others. And I guess I did do that to Jspot when I go after the CAA. I won't be doing that anymore. I realized that I have to be positive and PROACTIVE and that means actually doing things, when I have the energy.

So, if JSPOT is reading this: please forgive me. I did not mean to hurt you and you have my great respect for all of your hard work on our behalf. The CAA is very lucky to have you and I hope they know that. M.