• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PRESS RELEASE - Magical Medicine: How to make a disease disappear

T

thefreeprisoner

I think that Peter White and Trudy Chalder pose much more of a threat to us now than Wessely. They are much more active in the field than he is currently (although I agree he's still getting his name attached to papers).

JAS: here's the video you were looking for:

[video=youtube;cDeu_OlMivU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDeu_OlMivU[/video]

Rachel xx

V99

Having read a bit of the document, it reads a bit like a UK version of Johnson's 'Oslers Web'.

It lays out a lot of the UK history of ME, the main players, attitudes, research, etc. It is definitely the kind of information that needs to get into the hands of the press.
As for the Wessely school, it shows very clearly how they have included Fatigue syndrome patients in studies looking at ME/CFS. How they claim the results show one thing, when they do not.
There is also reference to the Secret ME files, deaths from ME, CBT/GET, and XMRV.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
This appears to be a well researched and referenced document. If true, the contents are very disturbing.

I appreciate that it is a hefty document, but it is divided into readable sections.

Try :

Page 60 - UNUMProvident

Page 302 - Abuse of Process

Page 305

Page 369

And if you want a laugh the review, starting on page 263, of the PACE patients' manual on APT (adaptive pacing therapy) is priceless.

A word of warning. Don't read this if getting ANGRY disturbs you.

Adam

And if you want a laugh the review, starting on page 263, of the PACE patients' manual on APT (adaptive pacing therapy) is priceless.

A word of warning. Don't read this if getting ANGRY disturbs you.

Will reading it raise cortisol levels? And if so is this a positive?

Answers on a postcard to your favourite charlatan, quack, self-appointed CBT/GET guru.

Alesh

A typo? :)

I think there is a typographical error at page 30: Instead of "Professor Trudie Chalder, a former mental nurse who works with Wessely and who is now Professor of Behavioural Psychotherapy."

should be:

"Professor Trudie Chalder, a former mental nurse who sleeps with Wessely and who is now Professor of Behavioural Psychotherapy"

Is it a common thing in UK that a nurse becomes a professor?

Alesh

I think I know how the glamorous carrier of Trudie Chaldartan began:

hxxp://xhamster.com/movies/235763/horny_doctor_probes_nurse_039_s_ass_-by_psychiater-xhamster.html

Note to the administrator: After viewing delete the link immediately. :D