• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Post Lyme Treatment with KDM

A bit more info, as I contacted KDM's office: Here were my questions and his answers

1. Can you confirm that I have been given the correct protocol? “Yes”

2. Is this a repeating protocol or only taken for 8 weeks? “possibly repeated”

Im excited to learn that he prescribed DSF. just be aware. I just read that DSF is not OK when you have heavy metal toxicity - something about redistribution. some people believe it is HERX reaction but it is not always herx. I wanted to try it but I have 3 amalgams fillings. I need to get rid of them first.

Hi Katka, would you share a link to this? It´s really interesting.

@Helen
Hi Helen, Im so sorry I dont have the link.
I just read it at DSF forum.martin also asked me the same question so I just asked them (at DSF forum) to send me more relevant info on this matter. I didnt look for it since I dont plan to take DSF, Im more keen on LDN. But I strongly believe that one should always examine a drug before taking it. When I was pregnant I was prescribed a drug for nausea, I double checked it with my doc if it is safe, she was always positive. I stopped taking it becasue i started to have very strong reactions to it. In 7 months I found out this drug was forbidden becasue of the negative effect on babies. Here is a note that was posted on this forum, you can read it. as soon as I get the answer from them I will let you know.

......DSF is a very strong metals chelator, too. Its binding to copper is actually what makes it such a strong bacteriocidal agent. But, it binds to copper, zinc, manganese (which Lyme needs to function, but also Cobalt, Nickel and other nasty heavy metals that definitely cause herx effects by themselves. I know, I ran a chelation products company 10 years ago, and this problem was common.
Most people unless they have done some chelation therapy first, have no idea what kind of toxic heavy metals are in their own bodies, but the herx effects from cobalt, nickel, cadmium, or worst of all, mercury, can cause terrible headaches, nausea, brain fog, etc on its own.
People who have metal amalgam fillings would have the worst side effects, as those older fillings contain a mix of metals, including mercury, and are not "silver", as we were told by the dental industry. I had all of mine replaced, as I had a mouthful of 70's era metal fillings.
Last, but not least, it reactivates latent HIV-1, if anyone has been diagnosed as HIV positive, caution is urged. It may kill HIV-1 but I am not certain of that.
Any who are interested should read this PDF study article, especially the references cited at the end. This article is quite medically technical, but most parts are easy to understand.
https://aac.asm.org › 4835.full.pdf
Disulfiram and Copper Ions Kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a Synergistic Manner - Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy - American Society for Microbiology

also if anybody decides to start chellating heavy metals firts - i recomend to look into andy cutler chelation. it is very safe unless other chelation methods. but this is my Katka's opinion after my reseach :)

Aubry

I am so tired of this. First it was lyme, then it was gut, then lyme again, then gut, now lyme again ?
I also got Disulfiram protocol but still did not start yet. I am trying currently IVIG and I don't want to combine both in first months for possible results. I don't want to herx again for months and months either. I don't believe this is a way to get better anymore.

sam.d

@Aubry Cowden made me herx big time. Never took antibiotics. Certainly will not try disulfiram, heard many bad things about permanent brain damage and psychosis etc.

MartinK

@sam.d Hi Sam, this is new information for me about DSF and permanent brain damage - any study about this? Its really old drug, looks like only patients with Lyme have side effects / herxes. Its important starts doses really slowly!

JES

Yep, from following a large DSF group on FB, it seems to be hit and miss. I was going to trial it after getting a prescription somehow, but now I'm weary of trying it even if I got the prescription. If it really was the miracle drug you'd expect masses to start reporting improvement by now. Maybe I'm pessimistic, but it looks like yet another treatment that works for maybe 10% and produces side effects in 50%. Not much different than antibiotics in that sense.

sam.d

@JES @Aubry yep. KDM will probably prescribe it to me at my next appointment but I'm saying 100% hard NO. I'm believe more in bee venom therapy. I've seen people fully healed from it. Not just "remission". Full eradication of Borrelia and all its forms.

MartinK

Hey @sam.d I tried BVT this summer (for 3 months)! One big problem with this therapy - lot of PEMs, because small fever from bee stings (no allergy reaction, only classic inflammation reaction on sting).

You know good bee supplier? I stop treatment because lot of PEMs and winter - no bees.

But, its interesting treatment!

Martin

@JES @Aubry yep. KDM will probably prescribe it to me at my next appointment but I'm saying 100% hard NO. I'm believe more in bee venom therapy. I've seen people fully healed from it. Not just "remission". Full eradication of Borrelia and all its forms.
Did KDM suggest Disulfiram to you @MartinK ?

So interestingly, KDM ran a RED lab test came up positive for b. Miyamotoi. This is not lyme, but also a tick carrying disease. He prescribed the following. I am curious if anyone else has been given a similar protocol by KDM for Lyme

--Disulfiram 250mg , 2x 1 a day
--Serrapeptase, 500 mg , 2 x2 a day
--Lauricidin, 1/2 scoop 2x day
--oregano oil, 2 x 1/day

By way of update, I didn't try the protocol. I've seen KDM since and he changed his recommendation to: this still isn't the common dosing approach
1576581459623.png